Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC FOX

Blackpool pre match

Its very worrying that 3 league games in and already into the realms of "this is a massive game"

win,lose or draw this doesnt bode well for the remaining 8-9 months of the season!!!

Let's hope Pearson can get the boys focused on our 100% home record in the league this season... tongue in cheek, yes, but it's still early enough in the season that it's also somewhat relevant. Our first XI must always be confident in a home game, despite Blackpool's scintillating start, and hopefully the fact that they will likely come and have a go will play into our hands.

I would pick:

Schmeichel

de Laet Morgan Moore Konchesky

Knockaert King Drinkwater Marshall

Beckford Vardy

It concerns me that there is no understudy to Konchesky. Events certainly haven't conspired to warrant Moore losing his place.

Merc

Angry Leicester City boss Nigel Pearson has pulled no punches in the wake of his side's humiliating midweek defeat.

Exceptionally poor, awful and embarrassing were the words he used to describe the 4-2 Capital OneCup defeat to Burton.

• ​4089822.jpg
    Angry Leicester City boss Nigel Pearson

Pearson warned there was "no hiding place" and vowed to get it right for the visit of unbeaten Blackpool on Saturday.

The City boss made eight changes for the cup clash but said that was no excuse.

"It was an awful performance," he said.

"The side should have been good enough to negotiate that cup tie and we ended up being embarrassed.

"It was a poor performance and a very poor result. A number of players have missed the opportunity to perform on the big stage.

"I know I made a lot of changes but there were a number of players who possibly have not felt they have had the opportunities they would have liked so far this season. A number of them have had the chance and clearly have not taken it.

"That is a disappointment but the biggest disappointment is not being in the next round.

"There is no hiding place from a performance like that. It was exceptionally poor, an awful result and an awful performance.

"I am the manager so I take the responsibility for it. Both individual and team performances weren't good enough.

"We need to get back to winning ways. In the last two league games we have lost there was an element of bad luck, but there was no element of that. It was just a poor performance and clearly not good enough.

"I am angry. The team reflects you, so I am not happy about that performance because that reflects on me. It is my team.

"I need to put it right pretty quickly. I have to try to pick the right side and make sure the positives we have had from the previous game we take into Blackpool.

"We have to accept and look at the performance, and take responsibility for it. My job for Saturday is to pick the right side and get the right performance. We will be working on that and will be straight back into it."

This is not the appropriate topic, but I've got a question : what about Richie Wellens ? I've seen on Wikipedia that he's been an important player during the last 3 seasons, and I can't see him. Isn't he available ? Is he injured ? Which player is substituting him right now ?

Hes injured

We're on tv and we're at home and it's against Blackpool. All suggests WIN to me and it would be typical Leicester to do so. However the last week has been a horror show results wise and confidence low.

We cannot let Blackpool over run us in midfield, we must press and harrass them like we did last season so effectively.

Schmeichel

De Laet

Moore

Morgan

Konchesky

King

Drinkwater

Marshall

Vardy

Nugent

Knockaert

I'd like to see Vardy play on the left of a front 3 with Nugent through the middle and Knockaert and Marshall given licence to roam and inter-change. Both need to track back and help win the midfield battle, something they both look to be able to do. Marshall did this with ease against Hull at home last season, certainly when Danns got sent off. King and Drinkwter can sit back and get the ball Knokaert and Marshall as quick as possible.

Let's ****in bury them. Whack Futacs on in the 2nd half if we nee to bombard them.

I always admire Pearson for not pulling any punches and not making any excuses.

I also like the fact that he considers the cups to be important.

So do I.

Nice one Nigel, I'm fully behind you.

I heard Nige had a TV in the dugout, didn't want to miss his favourite TV show. :D

More than ever, NP will need to be a good judge of his players' personalities & fitness.

Based purely on recent performances, if Moore is fit, I'd be playing the team that started v. Blackburn, but with Knockaert in for Dyer (probably bringing Lloyd on for the last 30 mins).

However, NP has to judge how fit players are and how they will respond to challenges:

- Danns might normally be a good player for such a game, where closing down will matter, but had a stinker v. Burton; would he respond well to a challenge: "show me you're not that bad!"?

- Whitbread made an awful blunder v. Burton, but looked smooth before that; who is fitter, him or Moore? Does Whitbread have the character and experience to draw a line under his Burton gaffe?

- Konchesky seems to be struggling; why is that? I presume that is one of the reasons NP played him v. Burton, to give him more match time, but is he fit enough for Blackpool? Wouldn't fancy throwing Kennedy into such a difficult match, though...

Transfer Deadline Day will be interesting. I'd previously assumed that we might do no deals whatsoever, but now wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or 2 (Waghorn? Schlupp? Gallagher?) leave on loans or permanents, in which case 1 or 2 might come in, though possibly as loans. Full-back alternatives to Konch & De Laet might also be an issue...is Kennedy still in the frame - and good enough to replace Konch, if necessary? Are we assuming that Moore or SSL would cover right-back if De Laet (a great buy, so far) gets injured, suspended or whatever?

More than ever, NP will need to be a good judge of his players' personalities & fitness.

Based purely on recent performances, if Moore is fit, I'd be playing the team that started v. Blackburn, but with Knockaert in for Dyer (probably bringing Lloyd on for the last 30 mins).

However, NP has to judge how fit players are and how they will respond to challenges:

- Danns might normally be a good player for such a game, where closing down will matter, but had a stinker v. Burton; would he respond well to a challenge: "show me you're not that bad!"?

- Whitbread made an awful blunder v. Burton, but looked smooth before that; who is fitter, him or Moore? Does Whitbread have the character and experience to draw a line under his Burton gaffe?

- Konchesky seems to be struggling; why is that? I presume that is one of the reasons NP played him v. Burton, to give him more match time, but is he fit enough for Blackpool? Wouldn't fancy throwing Kennedy into such a difficult match, though...

Transfer Deadline Day will be interesting. I'd previously assumed that we might do no deals whatsoever, but now wouldn't be surprised to see 1 or 2 (Waghorn? Schlupp? Gallagher?) leave on loans or permanents, in which case 1 or 2 might come in, though possibly as loans. Full-back alternatives to Konch & De Laet might also be an issue...is Kennedy still in the frame - and good enough to replace Konch, if necessary? Are we assuming that Moore or SSL would cover right-back if De Laet (a great buy, so far) gets injured, suspended or whatever?

Kennedy has been sold

For me, I would have st ledger instead of whitbread, Sean may have made a few mistakes at the end, but think about whitbread? In my opinion he wasn't good enough to show he can play first team football!

I really don't rate St.Ledger. I don't think he's a bad player but that's it.

For me, I would have st ledger instead of whitbread, Sean may have made a few mistakes at the end, but think about whitbread? In my opinion he wasn't good enough to show he can play first team football!

I`ve not been overly impressed with st ledger since he`s been here, if i`m honest, and i thought against Burton looked very shaky, and off the pace.

Whitbread, i thought looked composed and solid first half, but struggled after his mistake, but that could also be down to a lack of game time, which to be fair, may also account for st ledgers display on tuesday too.

Whitbread looked better than St Ledger.

I`ve not been overly impressed with st ledger since he`s been here, if i`m honest, and i thought against Burton looked very shaky, and off the pace.

Whitbread, i thought looked composed and solid first half, but struggled after his mistake, but that could also be down to a lack of game time, which to be fair, may also account for st ledgers display on tuesday too.

I agree with this. SSL looked vulnerable throughout; probably needs a couple more weeks before being considered for proper 1st team action on that showing...always assuming he doesn't go (just seen rumour that Ipswich are interested in him). Whitbread looked quite good before his blunder, which might have affected him thereafter. He looked closer to 1st team match fitness to me.

Didn't realise Kennedy had gone...mutual termination yesterday, according to Wikipedia. I'd assume that at least 1 squad full-back will have to come in now. Who have we got to play left-back if Konch is out? Lloyd Dyer?!

I agree with this. SSL looked vulnerable throughout; probably needs a couple more weeks before being considered for proper 1st team action on that showing...always assuming he doesn't go (just seen rumour that Ipswich are interested in him). Whitbread looked quite good before his blunder, which might have affected him thereafter. He looked closer to 1st team match fitness to me.

Didn't realise Kennedy had gone...mutual termination yesterday, according to Wikipedia. I'd assume that at least 1 squad full-back will have to come in now. Who have we got to play left-back if Konch is out? Lloyd Dyer?!

Schlupp and De Laet but I imagine a defender will come in.

Archived