Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ACF

Nike are the new England kit suppliers.

The Football Association has announced an exciting new partnership with Nike that will see them create kits for every England team.

The world’s leading sportswear firm will design and make the clothing for our men and women’s sides at every level.

England’s first kits to bear the Nike Swoosh will be launched in Spring next year, as The FA marks its 150th anniversary and the agreement runs until 31 July 2018.

The deal represents a substantial investment, which will be reinvested by The FA back into the game across all levels, from the Senior team to grassroots.

The partnership includes the following elements:

• Supplying kit and match-balls to all of Club England’s 24 football teams at every level, including the men’s national teams, women’s, Futsal, disability and amateur
  • Sponsorship and support of St. George’s Park, the home of the National Football Centre in Burton-upon-Trent, which in addition to hosting the England Senior team will train and develop a generation of coaches, referees and medical staff every year
  • Supporting partner of Wembley Stadium, the home of English football
  • Supporting partner for The FA Cup, supplying match balls for every round of the world’s most famous cup competition
  • Supply of product to County FAs.

FA General Secretary Alex Horne said: “I am delighted that The FA has secured this new wide-ranging and comprehensive partnership with Nike.

“It is an extremely exciting time for both parties with the opening of St. George’s Park this year and The FA’s 150th anniversary in 2013.

“I would also like to place on record our gratitude to Umbro and their significant contribution to the game, The FA and England teams, over a 60-year period.â€

Nike Brand President Charlie Denson added: “The pride and passion of England fans is renowned throughout the football world and we are delighted to partner with The FA.

“We look forward to supporting England teams at every level with innovative product technology and playing our part to help develop the future of English football through our support of St. George’s Park.â€

Bring back Admiral!

england-1982-world-cup-shirt.jpg

In fairness, some of the shirts that Nike have released of late have been beautiful. I'm no fan of the current England effort, and Umbro's last two have been duds to be honest. Red trim this time and inexplicable multicoloured St. George's Crosses all over the back of the one that preceded it. Hideous.

Bring back Admiral!

In fairness, some of the shirts that Nike have released of late have been beautiful. I'm no fan of the current England effort, and Umbro's last two have been duds to be honest. Red trim this time and inexplicable multicoloured St. George's Crosses all over the back of the one that preceded it. Hideous.

I have that shirt :w00t: lol

Just hope they continue to make the shirt out of the current England shirts material.

More football shirts should be made from that material, rather than the sweaty, sticky, silky material most are made from - I guess they don't make them from the same material as the England shirt for cost? Then you could argue why do they make the England shirts out of the material though? :dunno:

Are the Man City shirts out of the same material as the England shirts? Man City shirts are made by Umbro.

No big surprise really after all Nike do own Umbro

Did do. Nike have just sold them. Apparently the FA agreed the deal before the sale of Umbro - I guess because they assumed Umbro were safe which might not be the case now. Umbro had produced the England shirts for 60 years so it's a shame to see them go. Nike kits do generally look great though!

Bring back Admiral!

That shirt will never be beaten!

I just hope they bring back the navy blue trim and shorts on the home kit. The red looks totally wrong.

Does it? We wore navy blue because of its association with the colours of the Union flag. The same reason why our cricket team wear blue. Blue is not a colour of England, red is. It looks great IMO.

Does it? We wore navy blue because of its association with the colours of the Union flag. The same reason why our cricket team wear blue. Blue is not a colour of England, red is. It looks great IMO.

It does, yeah. The England kit has always been white with navy blue. I don't care why it has. Blue is a colour of England's national football team's home kit, red is not. It looks wrong IMO.

By your reasoning, you must think Italy should change their kit to green and red. Should Holland ditch orange? Australia get rid of yellow and green? New Zealand not at all blacks?

Nice

You spelt it wrong, it's Nike

It does, yeah. The England kit has always been white with navy blue. I don't care why it has. Blue is a colour of England's national football team's home kit, red is not. It looks wrong IMO.

By your reasoning, you must think Italy should change their kit to green and red. Should Holland ditch orange? Australia get rid of yellow and green? New Zealand not at all blacks?

Oi!!! It's Green and Gold my friend none of this yellow crap

Italy wear blue in honour of the royal house of Savoy, the Netherlands wear orange as a tribute to the house of Orange, Australia wear yellow, green and gold because they are dominant colours of their national flower, and New Zealand wear all black because of the printing error in a British newspaper which referred to them as "all blacks" rather than "all backs" due to their far greater mobility on the pitch. England wears navy blue because.......? To me its always looked daft, red and white should be our colours. It appears we will agree to disagree on this issue.

Italy wear blue in honour of the royal house of Savoy, the Netherlands wear orange as a tribute to the house of Orange, Australia wear yellow, green and gold because they are dominant colours of their national flower, and New Zealand wear all black because of the printing error in a British newspaper which referred to them as "all blacks" rather than "all backs" due to their far greater mobility on the pitch. England wears navy blue because.......? To me its always looked daft, red and white should be our colours. It appears we will agree to disagree on this issue.

So you think a printing error trumps having always worn the same colours for 140 years? We've been wearing white and navy blue since the first England kit in 1872. I really don't think it matters why. The Union Jack is a much better design than the St. Georges cross, anyway. I can't see why we should change the kit now.

Daft?! lol Why? National teams' kits do not have to be the same colours as their flag. Some of the most famous ones are nothing like the flags of those countries. To me, a football team wearing white shirts with red just doesn't look like the England team.

The England kit is actually a lot more English than St. George himself. If you think it's ok to change the colours of the kit, why not change the flag instead?

Archived