Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Random stupid stuff that springs to mind... literally

A thought on 'God':

While we can argue back and forth (and have in another thread) about his/her/its existence, I would argue that we can prove that he/she/it cannot be omnipotent by the application of logic.

Can God make something that he/she/it cannot destroy?

Theres a very good book based around this premise, called Gods Debris, by Scott Adams. He describes it as a thought experiment wrapped loosely around a short story. Well worth a read.

You get some interesting conversations on Twitter late at night. That's when the creationists come out of the woodwork. Their proof is that science is a lie and god did it. They come out with evolution is a ridiculous idea  for monkeys to change into man and never understand that the change was not overnight or a direct link. Then they say that a snake talking or a woman being made from a rib is perfectly believable because it says so in the Bible.

I have been called all sorts of names by these loving Christians and condemned to the Hell that does not exist. One even said that he would kill a child if ordered to by his god. How sick is that?

You get some interesting conversations on Twitter late at night. That's when the creationists come out of the woodwork. Their proof is that science is a lie and god did it. They come out with evolution is a ridiculous idea for monkeys to change into man and never understand that the change was not overnight or a direct link. Then they say that a snake talking or a woman being made from a rib is perfectly believable because it says so in the Bible.

I have been called all sorts of names by these loving Christians and condemned to the Hell that does not exist. One even said that he would kill a child if ordered to by his god. How sick is that?

Their arguement boils down to this: We know God exists because it says so in the bible. The bible is truth because it is God's book.

I'd imagine the creationists come out at night because it's prime time for all the nutjobs from the bible belt to be online.

It's a different attitude to Christianity in the US, often miles away from the love thy neighbour stuff preached in the rest of the World.

Theres a very good book based around this premise, called Gods Debris, by Scott Adams. He describes it as a thought experiment wrapped loosely around a short story. Well worth a read.

Thanks, mate.

Just picked-up a copy on ebay.

• Like 1

There is a science teacher on there who had a live debate with a creationist on Noah's Ark. He rang rings around him. And the creationist claimed he had won the debate. The teacher knows his stuff on history and the bible.

Yes most are Americans. It is worrying when you think that some running for President think the same way. The most Powerful man looking forward to Armageddon and is able to bring it about.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a punchline to this?

No, honestly. I've noticed this on holiday a few times, the dutch too. They always have the waist band of their underpants sticking out the top of their trunks. Seems a bit dirty to me.

Every time I drive somewhere I pass a thousand signs for Sleaford yet I've never met anyone who's actually been there. Does it even exist?

I actually played a gig there years ago. We had to make a swift exit because our former junkie bass player touched up the promoters daughter.