Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Random stupid stuff that springs to mind... literally

Who would want to buy a curved TV screen? Especially if it isn't very big. I can see the value in a curved super size screen, but if it is just going in your lounge I don't get it. You'd have to be sitting directly in front of it to get any benefit from the curve.

Apparently, the curve gives a the same view no matter where you sit in the room whereas a flat screen appears narrower when you sit at an angle to it

Massive mark up purchase to selling prices. Combine that with high value product and you don't need too many sales to be successful.

What sort of high value are you thinking? I can't imagine most jewellers sell many individual items per week for >£1,000. I'd imagine most individual items on average would be about £300. Even then, I just don't see enough people in the shops to make a decent profit. Especially given the competition.

What sort of high value are you thinking? I can't imagine most jewellers sell many individual items per week for >£1,000. I'd imagine most individual items on average would be about £300. Even then, I just don't see enough people in the shops to make a decent profit. Especially given the competition.

£300 seems a reasonable average. Retailers can triple the price of an item purchased wholesale or from a member of the public so I would expect a profit on an average sale to be £150 - £200. Overheads are variable depending on location but one sale per day should easily cover the salary of the salesperson and go a good way towards covering rates for the property. On some days there may be no sales but at weekends or busier times of the year such as Christmas sales could substantially increase.

Shop sales may have fallen over recent years with the increase in internet sales but given that many people like to try on an item of jewellery before purchase shops are likely to fare better than many other retail sectors. I've seen quite a few shops close in my local town over the past five years but the jewellers are still there.

• 4 weeks later...

I ordered lambs head in a restaurant last night. Proper head it was too, brains and eyes. Brains were palatable but I couldn't bring myself to eat the eyes.

When i was staying with a Palestinian family in the west bank, i was offered something to try which i thought was quite tasty, only to find out it was sheeps testicles....

:blink:

• Like 1

I ordered lambs head in a restaurant last night. Proper head it was too, brains and eyes. Brains were palatable but I couldn't bring myself to eat the eyes.

There's not many things I won't eat but brains are one of them.

delete and retreat!!!!!!

Too late, saw it!.

BUT I like your idea. 0.5 x 0.5 = 0.25. So If get multiply my half scared to deaths instead of adding them I will actually get younger !

Quick someone scare me again.

~~flat stomach and a full erection here I come! How do I use that tinder easy shag thingy?

• Like 2

When i was staying with a Palestinian family in the west bank, i was offered something to try which i thought was quite tasty, only to find out it was sheeps testicles....

You want to try Korean meat balls. they're the dogs bollox.

• Like 3

Too late, saw it!.

BUT I like your idea. 0.5 x 0.5 = 0.25. So If get multiply my half scared to deaths instead of adding them I will actually get younger !

Quick someone scare me again.

~~flat stomach and a full erection here I come! How do I use that tinder easy shag thingy?

You find a photo of a pretty gal somewhere in leicestershire, create a fake account and then wait for smuts and unabomber and MTWG to turn up...

• Like 1

There's not many things I won't eat but brains are one of them.

The taste was actually great but yeah, it's still brains. Couldn't manage too much. I love offal in general.

When I lived in Palermo a popular post-pub snack was grilled lamb guts, which were fvcking beatutiful.

In the 60s my dad took me and mam, on a 2 day bus mystery tour.We did Derbyshire and went int Yorkshire, we

had on the 1st evening free time, he heard from the bus driver that there was a nice ,

but an up market country restaurant on the edge of the town, it was a beautiful evening so we decide to walk.

For us at the time, it was a posh restaurant.Now considering that all offal was considered a poormans choice,

we were suprised to see a ' special farmers and all plate'

This consisted of tripe, pigs-trotters, brains, kidneys and sheeps heart and testicles with mashed potatoes.

for 2 people, or a choice of 3 for 1 person.

Now heres the craic, my dad turned to my mam and said,'I take you to a posh restaurant, and am offered

what we bloody eat on many saturdays on family -meets'.And costs 3 times as much. WE did laugh...

My uncles, aunties, and grandparents would of loved it.

Though my dad was tempted, he loved pigs trotters, my mam and dad were more tempted by a dish called

"WET HALF N HALFs, with horseraddish, etc This was half a salmon, with half trout and carp.

My very first time, one could say a snobs fish dish.At the time expensive, and for us a rarity.

That changed over the 70s. But back to offal dishes, towards the end of the 70s,offal became a delicitessence

and not easy to find, where before they gave it away(cheap), like dripping or animal fat, you didnt

have to pay for it ,the Butcher use to throw the fat/dripping onto the roast for nothing.

• Like 1

In the 60s my dad took me and mam, on a 2 day bus mystery tour.We did Derbyshire and went int Yorkshire, we

had on the 1st evening free time, he heard from the bus driver that there was a nice ,

but an up market country restaurant on the edge of the town, it was a beautiful evening so we decide to walk.

For us at the time, it was a posh restaurant.Now considering that all offal was considered a poormans choice,

we were suprised to see a ' special farmers and all plate'

This consisted of tripe, pigs-trotters, brains, kidneys and sheeps heart and testicles with mashed potatoes.

for 2 people, or a choice of 3 for 1 person.

Now heres the craic, my dad turned to my mam and said,'I take you to a posh restaurant, and am offered

what we bloody eat on many saturdays on family -meets'.And costs 3 times as much. WE did laugh...

My uncles, aunties, and grandparents would of loved it.

Though my dad was tempted, he loved pigs trotters, my mam and dad were more tempted by a dish called

"WET HALF N HALFs, with horseraddish, etc This was half a salmon, with half trout and carp.

My very first time, one could say a snobs fish dish.At the time expensive, and for us a rarity.

That changed over the 70s. But back to offal dishes, towards the end of the 70s,offal became a delicitessence

and not easy to find, where before they gave it away(cheap), like dripping or animal fat, you didnt

have to pay for it ,the Butcher use to throw the fat/dripping onto the roast for nothing.

Canr say i have ever eaten brains or trotters!

Massive mark up purchase to selling prices. Combine that with high value product and you don't need too many sales to be successful.

Sale or return connections with the manufacturers helps as do easy payment facilities and things like repairing and sizing.

It's not been easy for jewellers these last few months because of steadily falling precious metal prices but now's perhaps a good time to buy with the price being close to half what it used to be.

Just be careful what you buy though whether from the internet, from established shops or anywhere else. If you're after something like a gold chain or bracelet check the gram weight and work out the price per gram you're paying. Try to stick with full British hallmarks. A good shopkeeper/dealer/market trader will always be happy to advise you.

If anyone needs specific help just PM me.