Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Mirror - Redknapp emerges as shock target for Leicester

Obviously I wouldn't reject him, he's a very good manager. But do I want him now? No. Nigel Pearson is building something here (again), and I fully support him as I believe he will get it right. I know this story isn't true but after four league game, we're hearing this?

No don't want him. He would throw money away like he did at Pompey and look at the mess he left them in. He's said no to us once so don't even give his ego a lift and keep well away.

Let's stick with person and see what happens

how is that reknapps fault? He was told the money was there and given a budget.

if we didn't have a manager i would have him in straight away. BUT, we do have a manager. our manager is changing teh squad and getting his own men in, to start all over again would be a) unfair to NP and b) be utter madness and c) show how little the owners know about running a football club. FWIW, I don't and can't believe there is any credence in this at all.

Nigel Pearson was given the task to build a side whilst getting rid of the deadwood and big earners.

He has done that to a point,so why now would you sack him as he is nowhere near finished the job at this club.

As for the story in the Mirror,well if it had been any other paper i would have took no notice,the Thais have already sacked Sven in a short time and if we lose next Sunday you can guarantee that the pressure will build .

Nigel Pearson was given the task to build a side whilst getting rid of the deadwood and big earners.

He has done that to a point,so why now would you sack him as he is nowhere near finished the job at this club.

As for the story in the Mirror,well if it had been any other paper i would have took no notice,the Thais have already sacked Sven in a short time and if we lose next Sunday you can guarantee that the pressure will build .

Please tell me what FACTS appeared in the article. Failing that what sources were mentioned. This may come as a bit of a shock to you, but sometimes papers make up stories to boost sales. They do this by A) telling you something they know you want to hear or B) playing on a fear that you have. The perfect made-up story combines both techniques.

ALL newspapers do this, but the tabloids tend to do it to a much greater extent.

Four pages about something that'll never happen.

Redknapp is well-known for wanting to manage clubs that are within commutable distance of his home in the south; hence his CV including Bournemouth, West Ham, Pompey, Southampton and Tottenham. He turned down Forest because it was too far away from home so unless we're relocated daan saaf this is a total non-starter.

I'm quite pleased about that, he'd make Sven's spending policy look shrewd if he joined our club.

I think your all having those delusions of grandeur again. Think we need to realise we are an average Championship side at best, that can only be confirmed with our perfectly average start to this season, so a Premiership manager with the quality and contacts Mr Redknapp would bring would be an amazing coup for our average club.

However - not at this point in time. Pearson I believe is, albeit pretty slowly, beginning to build a good Championship side whilst at the same time getting rid of the dross brought in by past management and attempting to balance the books. The really issue as we all know is will he be given the time to complete his mission? It's all down to the patience of the Thai's. That elastic band is stretching and stretching but just how long will it be before it snaps!

Wherever this story is true or not we don't know but what we should know it was only just over 1 week ago we had just lost 3 games in a row and had we lost at home to Blackpool in 4 consecutive games then it would be very naive to believe that the owners would not be considering a replacement.

Please tell me what FACTS appeared in the article. Failing that what sources were mentioned. This may come as a bit of a shock to you, but sometimes papers make up stories to boost sales. They do this by A) telling you something they know you want to hear or B) playing on a fear that you have. The perfect made-up story combines both techniques.

ALL newspapers do this, but the tabloids tend to do it to a much greater extent.

Its not about facts or what sources was mentioned,once papers start writing about managers jobs being under pressure they don't let go,if we lose next week you can bet that they will print Pearson will be sacked...its how they operate.

Ok reckon one of three things is going on here

1) and most likely the papers need a story as there is no prem so they have come up with this

2) Harry wants the job and he is using his mates in the media to rock the boat

3) it's ture which makes the Thais look bad and therefore the club is screwed as the owners are clueless

Personally I don't see what he could for us and his recent court case and media exposure in relation to the England managers position shows what he is about.

Archived