Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Mirror - Redknapp emerges as shock target for Leicester

As for the rest of this thread, how people are taking this seriously I have no idea, we have a manager, even if we didn't we would not get Redknapp in.

As for the comments on shakie's starlets they will be on reasonably long term contracts, no prem clubs will be that desperate for any of them to offer up silly money for them, unlike the interest in Moore, who only has a short term contract. They will more likely let them develop another season here and pick them up cheaper than try and get them in now before they are ready and no longer contracts. Marshall, drinkwater et al will need to be stunning this season to be bought at the end of it, and if they do play that well then we will go up.

So I wouldn't worry about any of them going any time soon.

Okay, well this is not an opinion, either fact or fiction. I sent this message to somebody who asked me earlier:

ha, I can't vouch for this being 100% or all the ins and outs but my uncle is really good friends with somebody who was on the board at the time of the incident and apparently the medical team warned Allen that there was some kind of anomaly of his test results pre Forest. They suggested not to play him but Allen choose to do so anyway and the rest is history.

But surely the player would know as well, and make the decision himself, you wouldn't keep something like that from a player.

My driving instructor taught Joe Mattock to drive - he told me that Mattock said Allen was really popular with the squad and they were gutted when he left. That's not to say that any of the above isn't true of course

Fergie is popular with his squad too but he pulls out the hairdryer if needed, like I said what I posted is based on no facts or even an ex players former driving instructor so probably a load of crap.

But surely the player would know as well, and make the decision himself, you wouldn't keep something like that from a player.

The thing is though, he might not feel any different and if somebody loves playing football then they wouldn't think too much of it. Would be completely different now because of all the high profile incidents but back then I don't imagine many players would turn down the chance to play over something that wasn't perceived as a serious risk to their health

Do you think harry could be then man for the job? High profile and loads of experience! I think he could bring in some quality players as well. I'm sure he doesnt really want some low profile job at Bournemouth so he would jump at a club with money and reputation like city!

You're a ****ing idiot.

Nothing surprises me with our football club anymore, who could have predicted a few years ago that a former England manager would take charge? Despite all of their input and investments on and off the pitch the owners still want a return, which means we are a money making scheme to them, they seem to be all about pushing lcfc over seas, for example opening a shop in Thailand, hiring a former England manager, arranging a friendly with Real Madrid.

If they think Nigels approach isn't benefitting them, then they will rethink, of course they will as much as I disagree with it Harry Redknapp fits their criteria regarding "big name", unfortunately football is as unfair as any other business now, and the owners need to satisfy themselves, a few more losses and this could become a reality!

Apart from the fact that all three of these are basically saying the same thing, do you really think that there is a guarantee with any manager that he can do a job?

I'm pretty sure Southampton fans thought Redknapp was the right guy when he took them down then failed to get them into the play-off zone seven years ago. In November last year you could have taken 'Redknapp' out of those three questions above, replaced him with 'Pearson' and come to the same conclusion. Ditto one year earlier with Eriksson, and three years before that with Holloway.

The reason it hasn't worked out that way for us is that these managers come in, invariably, with their own ideas. It can take as little as three weeks, as much as three years for them to get those ideas across. When we're unwilling to give a boss a full season in a job, or even a full year, or even a full month of a season, we make life difficult for ourselves.

There are no guarantees with any managers; any set of players, any amount of money spent. That's the assumption which worries me again and again with City fans. That's why our expectations are so frequently out of control. And that might just be one of the reasons for our problems.

As it happens, with six points from four tricky fixtures and the side playing well, I'm not yet convinced we have a problem. Unless we choose to create one.

With that in mind, as a footnote, the catechisms above should really contain two more questions:

Are the board worried about FFP? Yes.

Would the appointment of Redknapp, which neither guarantees success nor yet appears necessary, severely impair our chances of complying? Yes.

You could forget FFP at our level of spending if we got promoted.

The TV money alone would send us into the black.

Redknapp and Pearson are very different animals on a man management level.

I have to be honest and say that right now I believe what we have is a slightly fragmented squad with some unhappy campers dotted about here and there.

I'm not putting that all at Pearson's door but its the way it is at the moment for whatever reason.

Do I think Redknapp could sort that out and do I think sorting that out would be a big barrier moved out of the way in achieving the end goal? Very much so yes.

For me Pearson sets a level for all our players to live up to, it's a one size fits all approach, whereas Redknapp knows some players need an arm around them whilst others need a talking to. Redknapp doesn't really coach that much so it's what he's good at.... making sure everyone is together and giving their best.

I have to be honest and say I think we would piss this league with Redknapp at the helm, and that's not saying that I'm also a big Pearson fan. I would say though that Pearson's way will be the harder route.

i personally think it's a rubbish rumour,that being said there is no smoke without fire and knowing our board they will probably have the feelers out towards redknapp.

In the world of bollocks, made-up, shite football rumours written by journalists to fill a few column inches, it's all smoke no fire. There's so much smoke you would immediately die if you breathed it in. It's like a ****ing Prince video.

Harry Redknapp is far better manager than NP so why wouldn't you want him?, if the owners feel they can get him and he is willing to come here than by all means do it, personally I cannot see it happening but I said the same for Sven :ph34r: ,and NP will probably get us promoted eventually whether that is this season or next.

Whatever the outcome we as club want promotion and success who doesn't.

Harry Redknapp is far better manager than NP so why wouldn't you want him?, if the owners feel they can get him and he is willing to come here than by all means do it, personally I cannot see it happening but I said the same for Sven :ph34r: ,and NP will probably get us promoted eventually whether that is this season or next.

What has ever won? He flatters to deceive and is very overrated in my opinion. His crowning glory is spaffing a load of cash at Portsmouth to win the ****ing FA Cup and then sending them into a financial meltdown which they may never recover from. People will say the board was to blame, but he played his part.

I do not want to go back to the days of spending massive amounts of money on managers and players to try and get us out of this league because it is completely unsustainable and it does not work. Sven's ill fated tenure here proves that. I'm a massive fan of the policy we have going at the minute, bringing in exciting young players and experienced Championship pros, playing exciting football and dominating games.

Because we've had a couple of bad - but undeserved - results, people are starting to panic and want to get in a ****ing crook who would would have no qualms in milking this club dry and then leaving us destitute. He's proven he doesn't care about doing that before.

Pearson might have his faults but he's building an exciting, talented side and more importantly he CARES about this club and he's making sure that the players he brings in care about playing for this club too.

Sven is a better manager than NP (and Redknapp for that matter), but is he better than Pearson for the club?

Don't believe he is. I fail to see what is so bad about the team now that wasn't there before the season started.

You could forget FFP at our level of spending if we got promoted.

The TV money alone would send us into the black.

Redknapp and Pearson are very different animals on a man management level.

I have to be honest and say that right now I believe what we have is a slightly fragmented squad with some unhappy campers dotted about here and there.

I'm not putting that all at Pearson's door but its the way it is at the moment for whatever reason.

Do I think Redknapp could sort that out and do I think sorting that out would be a big barrier moved out of the way in achieving the end goal? Very much so yes.

For me Pearson sets a level for all our players to live up to, it's a one size fits all approach, whereas Redknapp knows some players need an arm around them whilst others need a talking to. Redknapp doesn't really coach that much so it's what he's good at.... making sure everyone is together and giving their best.

I have to be honest and say I think we would piss this league with Redknapp at the helm, and that's not saying that I'm also a big Pearson fan. I would say though that Pearson's way will be the harder route.

You state some gross opinions here without any facts or arguments to back them up. For example, Pearson may present a gruff image, but who's to know that out of the public eye he doesn't know exactly how to "put his arm round someone's shoulders"; and how can you be so sure we'd piss the league with Redknapp in charge?

And finally, if you haven't noticed how the team's performances so far have reflected everyone "being together and giving their best" then I don't think you've been watching the matches.

You state some gross opinions here without any facts or arguments to back them up. For example, Pearson may present a gruff image, but who's to know that out of the public eye he doesn't know exactly how to "put his arm round someone's shoulders"; and how can you be so sure we'd piss the league with Redknapp in charge?

And finally, if you haven't noticed how the team's performances so far have reflected everyone "being together and giving their best" then I don't think you've been watching the matches.

I've seen all the matches, I've read all the bollocks on here, I've heard the odd bit of behind the scenes fact and I've got a brain.

What I have written is only my opinion, so you are free to slag me off or shoot it down, but it's my opinion based on what I heard, seen and experienced.

I've got over 35 years experience in being in and around the game in some capacity if only in recent years just a season ticket holding fan with a few mates who are National Newspaper journalists.

Make of it what you will.

Just to add.

So far this term...

Danns fall out, moving Beckford on then not undoubtedly unsettling him, some half serious half jokey comments from Nugent, Gallagher wanting to be anywhere but with us, Kennedy strangely paid up and released leaving us short of cover at the back.

I would add Mills to all this from last season but I think we all know he is a plank with a hugely overblown opinion of his own ability and he was rightfully moved on.

There's no smoke without fire mate, and whilst I like Pearson I think you can see he is the kind of man that sets a standard and level of expectation of all players that if not met....

Ten pages on a bullshit paper story is ridiculous, it must be an International break. :|

If the owners are even considering another managerial change then who it is irrelevant as we will have much bigger problems until the club is sold on. I can't believe they could be that stupid.

That is my obligatory post done, bring on the Wolves. :scarf:

I've seen all the matches, I've read all the bollocks on here, I've heard the odd bit of behind the scenes fact and I've got a brain.

What I have written is only my opinion, so you are free to slag me off or shoot it down, but it's my opinion based on what I heard, seen and experienced.

I've got over 35 years experience in being in and around the game in some capacity if only in recent years just a season ticket holding fan with a few mates who are National Newspaper journalists.

Just to add.

So far this term...

Danns fall out, moving Beckford on then not undoubtedly unsettling him, some half serious half jokey comments from Nugent, Gallagher wanting to be anywhere but with us, Kennedy strangely paid up and released leaving us short of cover at the back.

I would add Mills to all this from last season but I think we all know he is a plank with a hugely overblown opinion of his own ability and he was rightfully moved on.

There's no smoke without fire mate, and whilst I like Pearson I think you can see he is the kind of man that sets a standard and level of expectation of all players that if not met....

Nugent aside, I wouldn't really be sad to see any of these go. If they're not in the team, it's not for a personal reason, it's because they're either not playing well enough, they're just not good enough, or other players are keeping them out of the side. How they handle that is up to them - a true professional would work hard in training, perform to his best in reserve matches and work his way back into contention, this bunch seem to think they have a god given right to a first team place - well sorry, but they don't.

Everyone in the first team is there on merit, they've all aquitted themselves very well so far this season. The only weak link I can think of is Konchesky, so getting in a LB on loan should be a priority to provide competition for him. Nugent needs to find some form sharpish, because he's looked shite so far this season and if Beckford goes we're going to need him to step it up or look for a replacement.

Danns and Gallagher? Wouldn't be bothered if they left the club tomorrow to be honest. We've got plenty of options in central midfield, especially once Wellens is back to fitness and as for Gallagher, we've got enough cover for the wings and we can always get someone on loan if needs be. No single player is bigger than the club, Sven brought in a load who obviously think they are.

If Pearson wants to get rid of the trouble making prima donnas and bring in players who are hungry and want to be at this club then I'm right behind him, it's not like we'd be losing any particularly talented players who are key to our success. The only one I'd keep is Nugent and I think his twitter comments got blown out of all proportion - he seemed to be on a wind up more than anything else.

Nugent aside, I wouldn't really be sad to see any of these go. If they're not in the team, it's not for a personal reason, it's because they're either not playing well enough, they're just not good enough, or other players are keeping them out of the side. How they handle that is up to them - a true professional would work hard in training, perform to his best in reserve matches and work his way back into contention, this bunch seem to think they have a god given right to a first team place - well sorry, but they don't.

Everyone in the first team is there on merit, they've all aquitted themselves very well so far this season. The only weak link I can think of is Konchesky, so getting in a LB on loan should be a priority to provide competition for him. Nugent needs to find some form sharpish, because he's looked shite so far this season and if Beckford goes we're going to need him to step it up or look for a replacement.

Danns and Gallagher? Wouldn't be bothered if they left the club tomorrow to be honest. We've got plenty of options in central midfield, especially once Wellens is back to fitness and as for Gallagher, we've got enough cover for the wings and we can always get someone on loan if needs be. No single player is bigger than the club, Sven brought in a load who obviously think they are.

If Pearson wants to get rid of the trouble making prima donnas and bring in players who are hungry and want to be at this club then I'm right behind him, it's not like we'd be losing any particularly talented players who are key to our success. The only one I'd keep is Nugent and I think his twitter comments got blown out of all proportion - he seemed to be on a wind up more than anything else.

Superb post IMO and I can't disagree with any of it.

Both Danns and Beckford have been a huge disappointment really. Gally is ok in fits and starts, but if Disco Danns and Beckford were to leave the club I'd have no problem.

Superb post IMO and I can't disagree with any of it.

Both Danns and Beckford have been a huge disappointment really. Gally is ok in fits and starts, but if Disco Danns and Beckford were to leave the club I'd have no problem.

The thing is, you'll get a bunch of people trotting out the same old tired arguments - 'Ahh Pearson can't handle the big personalities, he just picks his favourite players, he's never given them a chance etc etc etc' - but at the end of the day, all of these players have been given a chance by Pearson, none of them have taken it. None of them have proved that they deserve to be in the first team consistently, week in, week out. Then, when they're benched, they have the temerity to complain about it? Well if you're so gutted about being on the bench, don't complain, do everything you have to do to win that place back. But none of them do.

The problem is that your average pro footballer these days is an overpaid arrogant jumped up cocky bugger with a sense of humour bypass.

Pearson has a set of admirable standards he expects of his players and staff, but in my opinion given the environment he works in they are at times unrealistic.

In my opinion Redknapp has the ability to get them all on the same page and playing to their best together. Whether he thinks some of them are complete pricks in private remains just there, in private.

I couldn't give a monkeys if Danns, Nugent, Gallagher or anyone else is a complete tool of a man, if they do the business on a match day then that's what counts for me.

Just to add.

So far this term...

First of all what Danns fall out? Danns had his chances, played crap in pre-season, played crap coming on against Blackburn and played crap against Burton, it is not a falling out, it is dropping a player out of form.

Gallagher wants to be anywhere but here because the fans treated him like shit last year.

Kennedy had his contract cancelled by mutual consent, he wanted first team football, we couldn't offer him it, or even a place on the bench, both sides agreed to end the contract so he could find a new club. Hope he does, good lad, good pro, and wants to be playing football, not hanging around collecting a wage packet. Schlupp has shown he is a more than capable back-up at left back, as well as having more versatility across our back 4 with SSL and RDL capable at Full back and centre back.

You can trot out Beckford and SSL's spats with NP too, but both have featured this season and had their chances, the only person Pearson froze out the club and "couldn't handle" was Mills, who has proven at Bolton he is actually not that good, and that was a one off, all this bollocks about other players falling out with NP, and spats, is just that, bollocks, like the "news" that started this thread. In some cases there really is smoke without fire, such as from a smoke machine, and we need to stop trotting out fabricated "facts" and using them as a stick to beat our club, and manager and players with.

Pearson has a way of playing and behaving, and some people don't fit into it, some do, why would he not sell those that don't, such as Peltier and Bamba and replace them with those that do, cutting the wage bill in the process.

Archived