Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dan LCFC

Mirror - Redknapp emerges as shock target for Leicester

Rubbish! Did he not state a week or two ago he would not step down to the lower leagues as a manager as he did not want to work with inferior players? So he turns up at Bournemouth in some made up role! Dont believe any of the rubbish printed in the papers, I am sure there will be a Prem league vacancy before long, QPR?

Is it something like 1 trophy in 30yrs, most overrated manager of all time & to win that trophy he helped bankrupt the club siging players above their ability to pay their wages leading to double relegation & a future where they may not even survive.

There is zero chance of this being anything more than a journo trolling forums for a story.

I dont know where this kind of logic comes from... the wages, transfer budget and eerything with that respect is controlled bythe board alone. They are the ones who make alll the financial decisions. Even if he did ask for lots of players All they had to do was say No. They are the ones in charge of the football team.

They were both coming werent they? Harry R as main man and Harry B as the number 2?

Are you getting mixed up with when Micky Adams was appointed manager? We Had HB as director of football to begin with and they were the 'team' When Micky got sacked Harry came downstairs for a bit...

I like Redknapp but I'm surprised to see him described as 'proven'. As far as I remember his record outside of the top flight contains two promotions (one with considerable resources at hand, at Portsmouth) and one relegation (with Bournmouth). He was also relegated once with Southampton from the top flight and, to all intents and purposes, once more with West Ham. So it's an impressive record but he doesn't come with a particularly good guarantee on his name.

Rubbish! Did he not state a week or two ago he would not step down to the lower leagues as a manager as he did not want to work with inferior players? So he turns up at Bournemouth in some made up role! Dont believe any of the rubbish printed in the papers, I am sure there will be a Prem league vacancy before long, QPR?

He is not their manager. He is working for free in an advisory role. The chairman has gone on record as saying the current manager and assistant manager make all the final decisions on ALL footballing matters

Redknapp isn't a bad manager but he is unproven at this level, okay he has won automatic promotion at this level with Pompey a decade ago, but since then has had considerable prem experience but we are a championship club unless the owners feel that it would be better to get rid of NP now, and hope Redknapp can make the transition and deliver promotion and have a real tilt of being a top 10 prem club again, than it is a big gamble.

Thread should be closed. Absolute nonsense. Wouldn't want him here anyway. This club needs stability which its been craving for so long, another managerial change and we'll be shooting ourselves in the foot.

Pretty sure Redknapp wouldn't even consider going north of London, so why on Earth he'd come to us I don't know, Lazy journalism.

I dont know where this kind of logic comes from... the wages, transfer budget and eerything with that respect is controlled bythe board alone. They are the ones who make alll the financial decisions. Even if he did ask for lots of players All they had to do was say No. They are the ones in charge of the football team.

Are you getting mixed up with when Micky Adams was appointed manager? We Had HB as director of football to begin with and they were the 'team' When Micky got sacked Harry came downstairs for a bit...

Adams was appointed as HB's assistant and wasn't sacked. Adams resigned.

Redknapp and Basset were the dream management team i'm sure but as has been said, Hazza ****ed off so we got the B team if Basset and Adams.

Redknapp has helped to more or ruin Portsmouth with the money he spent.

IMO NP is the right man for the job we are playing some really good football at the minute.With a bit more

luck or composure in front of goal we'd probably be sitting in the top2.

NP has put a decent team together who have got a real chance of getting promoted this season.

GET BEHIND THE TEAM & MANAGER..

Redknapp has helped to more or ruin Portsmouth with the money he spent.

IMO NP is the right man for the job we are playing some really good football at the minute.With a bit more

luck or composure in front of goal we'd probably be sitting in the top2.

NP has put a decent team together who have got a real chance of getting promoted this season.

GET BEHIND THE TEAM & MANAGER..

Again how can you blame the manager for spending the money when he was told the money was there and had a budget?

I've a contact who just told me that he's heard from within the club that we've spoken with HR twice very recently.

Make of it what you will, I don't like the speculation and I'm a NP fan. I think the work he's doing is very good & I'd like him to have the job long term to see what he can achieve. That said, my mate also says that in his opinion HR is waiting out for the QPR job. But HR is all about the money so we'll see.

Would Redknapp want to work so far north? No.

Would Redknapp want a huge salary? Yes

Would Redknapp want a lot of money to spend in January? Yes

Could Redknapp make some cracking loan signings in the mean time? Without doubt

Would Redknapp's misses move up here? Never

Would Redknapp bring in a new huge expensive back room staff? Yes

Do the owners want immediate results? Yes

Are the owners getting twitchy already about this season? Seems like it

Would the owners be foolish for Giving Pearson all summer to create a squad then to sack him so early on? For me yes

Does Pearson deserve the sack? In my opinion no

Would the Thais sack him now? Yes if they could line up Redknapp

Would Redknapp bring the squad that is here together as a unit? Undoubtedly

Would Redknapp get the best out of the players already on our books? Yes

Would Redknapp make us more of a unit? Yes

Would Redknapp come to Leicester? In my opinion no

I think your all having those delusions of grandeur again. Think we need to realise we are an average Championship side at best, that can only be confirmed with our perfectly average start to this season, so a Premiership manager with the quality and contacts Mr Redknapp would bring would be an amazing coup for our average club.

However - not at this point in time. Pearson I believe is, albeit pretty slowly, beginning to build a good Championship side whilst at the same time getting rid of the dross brought in by past management and attempting to balance the books. The really issue as we all know is will he be given the time to complete his mission? It's all down to the patience of the Thai's. That elastic band is stretching and stretching but just how long will it be before it snaps!

BS story and we are 4 games in, so any talk of anything happening at this point is pointless even for, as you put it phildw, our average club! Incredulous :banghead:

Standard made up story! Pearson is the man for me as city manager. I was gutted when he went previously and would be gutted again. He has to make his team work though and I hope this will spur the team on to stand up for the manager. After all he has given them a chance to play for the best club in the country. Stability please mr king power!!!!

Matt the point I'm making is based on evaluating HR situation, home, wife,age etc. I think it will be ridiculous doing anything now. IMO NP is heading in the right direction and the club needs stability not a managerial merry-go-round.

No I agree, I read and understood your post as saying it's 4 games in so it's pointless talking about the manager going at this early stage because even at Leicester that wouldn't happen.

I was just pointing out what had happened this early in the season before and tbh the pressure and expectation to do well, it wouldn't surprise me if it happened again, that is not saying I want it to happen or would agree to it happening (I didn't want it to happen and agree it happening with Martin Allen if i'm honest) as I like Pearson and think in time he will do a good job for us, I may have got the wrong end of the stick with your original post though.

No I agree, I read and understood your post as saying it's 4 games in so it's pointless talking about the manager going at this early stage because even at Leicester that wouldn't happen.

I was just pointing out what had happened this early in the season before and tbh the pressure and expectation to do well, it wouldn't surprise me if it happened again, that is not saying I want it to happen or would agree to it happening (I didn't want it to happen and agree it happening with Martin Allen if i'm honest) as I like Pearson and think in time he will do a good job for us, I may have got the wrong end of the stick with your original post though.

Easy done mate :thumbup: just think and hope it's slow news day!

Harry is THE man. Quality, and not the rubbish we have in place now. With him at the helm we would go upwards. He is a PROPER manager, with a real pedigree, who can keep quality players and control them.

Truly hope you come here, as we will go nowhere with Pearson, who can't even tie up his own boot laces without help.

Sadly, 'Arry Boy is too big for out club.

Harry is THE man. Quality, and not the rubbish we have in place now. With him at the helm we would go upwards. He is a PROPER manager, with a real pedigree, who can keep quality players and control them.

Truly hope you come here, as we will go nowhere with Pearson, who can't even tie up his own boot laces without help.

You're an absolute moron. I've tried ignoring some of your posts but you just take the piss.

I was hoping this was a joke, but then I saw who posted it. Same old nonsense, have a rest and logout.

Would Redknapp want to work so far north? No.

Would Redknapp want a huge salary? Yes

Would Redknapp want a lot of money to spend in January? Yes

Could Redknapp make some cracking loan signings in the mean time? Without doubt

Would Redknapp's misses move up here? Never

Would Redknapp bring in a new huge expensive back room staff? Yes

Do the owners want immediate results? Yes

Are the owners getting twitchy already about this season? Seems like it

Would the owners be foolish for Giving Pearson all summer to create a squad then to sack him so early on? For me yes

Does Pearson deserve the sack? In my opinion no

Would the Thais sack him now? Yes if they could line up Redknapp

Would Redknapp bring the squad that is here together as a unit? Undoubtedly

Would Redknapp get the best out of the players already on our books? Yes

Would Redknapp make us more of a unit? Yes

Would Redknapp come to Leicester? In my opinion no

Apart from the fact that all three of these are basically saying the same thing, do you really think that there is a guarantee with any manager that he can do a job?

I'm pretty sure Southampton fans thought Redknapp was the right guy when he took them down then failed to get them into the play-off zone seven years ago. In November last year you could have taken 'Redknapp' out of those three questions above, replaced him with 'Pearson' and come to the same conclusion. Ditto one year earlier with Eriksson, and three years before that with Holloway.

The reason it hasn't worked out that way for us is that these managers come in, invariably, with their own ideas. It can take as little as three weeks, as much as three years for them to get those ideas across. When we're unwilling to give a boss a full season in a job, or even a full year, or even a full month of a season, we make life difficult for ourselves.

There are no guarantees with any managers; any set of players, any amount of money spent. That's the assumption which worries me again and again with City fans. That's why our expectations are so frequently out of control. And that might just be one of the reasons for our problems.

As it happens, with six points from four tricky fixtures and the side playing well, I'm not yet convinced we have a problem. Unless we choose to create one.

With that in mind, as a footnote, the catechisms above should really contain two more questions:

Are the board worried about FFP? Yes.

Would the appointment of Redknapp, which neither guarantees success nor yet appears necessary, severely impair our chances of complying? Yes.

What about our current striker?

http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/news/2010/12/26/david-nugent-reveals-pompey-boss-harry-redknapp-drove-him-to-the-brink-of-quitting-102039-22805550/

Archived