Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Danns to Leeds.....

I've said it for ages, even against Derby last season when he got MOTM, he runs around a lot, but he leaves loads of space in midfield because he's covering that much ground. He gets away with it because it's seen as working hard.

People pay far too much to what happens when someone is within 10 yards of the ball.

It's natural, I did it for years, I stopped and realised how valuable to us players like King are.

not denying it at all - just think its kinda sad that this is all we've got...

Fair comment in truth. The reality is, not many, if any sides in this league have a midfield full of quality passers.

Drinkwater/King are hardly bad passers at all, they don't play the killer ball so much but both of them are excellent at retaining the ball.

Now how could he get some more game time? We could bring him on for the last 20 minutes like at Blackburn when he gave the ball away leading up to their goal.

We could play him in meaningless cup ties...

Or send him on loan,

I don't get this whole rivals thing either, Leeds having Danns for month is not going to cost us promotion, that is in our hands nobody else's. Loaning him to league 1 is not going to get him match ready for the championship.

Then if you are only doing it to get him ready to play for us loan him to a smaller Championship side that should be no threat.. Brizzle.. Barnsley etc.

Danns should be in starting 11. Why is James instead of danns? James has showen me no quality behind his move and reminds me of a very simple centre midfielder whereas Neil Danns has so much more about him I.e his agility and awareness also never stops running

1. Matty James isn't in the starting 11 either. Do you watch any of our games?

2. You say Danns has 'so much more about him' then list that:

He's agile - he's actually not that agile at all.

He's got awareness - no he hasn't, he chases the ball, puts in late tackles, can't find a pass and seemingly never knows when there's blue shirts or opposition shirts around him which results in him losing the ball a lot (see Blackburn's second goal in the game recently)

He never stops running - well I'll give you that, but you say it like it's a good thing? He chases the ball round for 90 minutes to no avail.

I haven't seen enough of Matty James to make a judgement on how good a player he is or what his game is, but I can say with confidence that Drinkwater, King and Wellens are all better players than Neil Danns. In our new fast-moving, passing game you either need to be able to find a pass, have a quick footballing brain or both. Neil Danns has neither of these and he's no use to us.

People pay far too much to what happens when someone is within 10 yards of the ball.

It's natural, I did it for years, I stopped and realised how valuable to us players like King are.

I'm the opposite, I NEVER watch anything that happens within ten yards of the ball.

He's a right ****, isn't he? If I were a footballer and he was my brother in law, I'd tell him to keep his mouth shut.

Agreed... both him and his father in law have shown themselves up recently.

Although Hayley Gallagher has always been very dignified through out. Both should take a lesson out of her book...

Agreed... both him and his father in law have shown themselves up recently.

Although Hayley Gallagher has always been very dignified through out. Both should take a lesson out of her book...

His brother in law always seems to be a bit OTT but that's it. Their old man is sound though.

At the end of the day they're gonna see one of their own torn to bits when it's mostly unwarranted.

His brother in law always seems to be a bit OTT but that's it. Their old man is sound though.

At the end of the day they're gonna see one of their own torn to bits when it's mostly unwarranted.

Was it not his father in law in here recently boasting about the 4 year contract that Sven had given him? Uncalled for in my opinion...

Was it not his father in law in here recently boasting about the 4 year contract that Sven had given him? Uncalled for in my opinion...

Might well have been. Was he boasting though? Or just pleased?

Then if you are only doing it to get him ready to play for us loan him to a smaller Championship side that should be no threat.. Brizzle.. Barnsley etc.

They can't afford his wages, won't be able to buy him in January, don't want him, or he doesn't want to go.

Leeds having Danns, even for the whole season, is not going to stop us getting promoted, partly because Danns is not that good, and not going to have that big an influence on Leeds, partly because with or without Danns, Leeds will be up there, but mainly because there are 42 games left to go, and where we finish will be decided by our players, and not anyone elses.

Take the DJ Campbell thing a few seasons ago, us not getting promoted was down to our inability to beat Cardiff two legs nothing to do with Campbell or Blackpool, we finished above them, but people still criticise NP for loaning them Campbell as we didn't go up and they did.

We are not talking world class, game changing season defining players here, we are talking about Danns, a decent solid energetic midfielder, who can be erratic and reckless.

With or without Danns, we are better than Leeds and we will finish above them if we continue to play well, regardless of whether they sign our 4th choice centre mid or not.

Danns is never going to make the first team now with the reemergence of King and Drinkwater on form, Bobby Davro will be content being on the bench and a young prospect in James are good backs up I think central midfield is sorted but if we are after a player on loan their are some decent options available.

Archived