Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Danns to Leeds.....

Could we stretch our minds a little further back? When Danns had a regular run last season he was quality, everyone said so. Okay he played poor vs Burton at a time when he feels unwanted and a bench warmer. One bad game doesn't mean we should get rid.

That little run in the team was the only time Danns has looked anything decent. Culminating in him getting sent off.

IndieRich is right IMO. Danns is a snappy tackler but not a good one. He gives away too many free kicks near the edge of our penalty area

King has only just began to start, it has been James and Drinkwater in the main and that for me if far too defensive.

Danns was outstanding the second half of last season once he was played in the middle rather than wide.

Looks to me like another non footballing decision if true.

You've lost me a little.

I don't think our midfield has looked 'too defensive' at all. If anything not sufficiently defensive IMO, especially away from home.

Complete myth. He is a 'Pearson player' but when you have the likes of Drinkwater, James and King it's pretty hard to force your way into the team. He's a Pearson player because he puts in a shift but unfortunately so far he hasn't got the form the others have shown. What a difference a few months make, at the end of the season people were saying he was our best player. He hasn't had much game time so far so give him a chance bloody hell!

Well it's not a myth is it, Pearson is letting him go. He doesn't rate him. He gave him his chance in central midfield last season and the way he put us in the shit against Hull won't have impressed Nigel. It's time for him to go and be mediocre elsewhere.

King has only just began to start, it has been James and Drinkwater in the main and that for me if far too defensive.

Danns was outstanding the second half of last season once he was played in the middle rather than wide.

But if we're honest it looks as if King will keep his place for the forseeable future.

I don't think Danns offers that much that we haven't already got. If we want someone to drive forward from midfield and get goals, we've got King, and he's better at that. As for coming off the bench and getting stuck in, we've got Wellens for that except he can pass it better.

Danns did have a good spell but for most of the season he was average/poor, and even when he was playing well, there always seemed to be something missing quality-wise.

If he goes long term I'd like to see us bring a creative central midfield player in his place, that would offer us something different.

You've lost me a little.

I don't think our midfield has looked 'too defensive' at all. If anything not sufficiently defensive IMO, especially away from home.

James sits just in front of the back 4 when he plays, Drinkwater is a centre mid in the true sense on the term, he does not drive the game forward like Danns or King.

I agree we have looked not the best in defence, and as James was supposed to be the cover man you wont be surprised to hear me say I dont think he is up to the job.

Give king his dues, he has taken his chance when a lot on here were wishing him out of the club. He deserves his place.

But why has Danns been frozen out of the picture this term?

Some people's memories here are rather short. The game that sticks out for me last season was Derby away, he was immense. And around that time he was turning in some match winning performances.

OK his tackling is a little over zealous, but Scholes was/is the same, it just part of their play.

I can only assume those who want Danns out of the club has a memory loss problem or did'nt watch him play much last season.

Like I said before, he was played out of position for a large portion of last season, and once he was moved into the middle he was our best player in a lot of games until his injury.

Could we stretch our minds a little further back? When Danns had a regular run last season he was quality, everyone said so. Okay he played poor vs Burton at a time when he feels unwanted and a bench warmer. One bad game doesn't mean we should get rid.

I never said he was quality last season, he was the best of a bad bunch at the end of the season - Wellens was crap, Kingy was injured, Drinkwater was only just coming into the side. The problems with Danns' game were still there (crap passing, crap tackling, crap ball retention) but he was the best of what we had back then, it helped that he scored a couple too. However, It's no coincidence that since our midfield has moved on and improved he can't get into the side. He's a squad player at best and if he doesn't want to be a benchwarmer, he can go out on loan which looks likely. We simply don't need him, King is back to his best, Drinkwater is looking very good IMO, Wellens and James are more than good enough as backup.

I never said he was quality last season, he was the best of a bad bunch at the end of the season - Wellens was crap, Kingy was injured, Drinkwater was only just coming into the side. The problems with Danns' game were still there (crap passing, crap tackling, crap ball retention) but he was the best of what we had back then, it helped that he scored a couple too. However, It's no coincidence that since our midfield has moved on and improved he can't get into the side. He's a squad player at best and if he doesn't want to be a benchwarmer, he can go out on loan which looks likely. We simply don't need him, King is back to his best, Drinkwater is looking very good IMO, Wellens and James are more than good enough as backup.

Have we improved? The results don't say so. We look just as inconsistent as last season so far. I know things have plenty of time to change, but I just can't say we have improved yet.

Well he's started every game since Charlton and that doesn't look like changing any time soon. I think it's totally a footballing decision - King, Drinkwater and Wellens are better than him and Pearson sees James as being above him in the pecking order too. I assume he wants to play first team football and so he's going out on loan?

Why do people assume there must be something kicking off behind the scenes as soon as anyone leaves the club? The amount of players NP's rumoured to have headbutted would give him brain damage.

Have we improved? The results don't say so. We look just as inconsistent as last season so far. I know things have plenty of time to change, but I just can't say we have improved yet.

From what I've seen yes - the midfield is creating chance after chance and doing an excellent job at keeping the ball, winning the ball and shutting down the opposition. Everyone seems to be in agreement that we were unlucky against Charlton and Blackburn and we didn't give Blackpool a sniff for about 75 minutes and they're the form side in the league.

Contrast this with last year when we were losing to Bristol City and Reading - two teams who were also in terrible form - after absolutely dire performances, then I'd say things look a lot better this season. But that's just my opinion on what I've seen, I'm sure the doom-mongers will beg to differ.

he played out of his skin towards the back end of last season before he got the red card, i think this was a big factor in the reason we didn't reach play offs last season. I cant understand why a few of you are slating him all of a sudden, he hasn't been given a proper chance this season for one reason or another, all in all i would advise Pearson not to send him out on loan, but he he choses too, please do not sell him! get him some game time then bring him back

Well it's not a myth is it, Pearson is letting him go. He doesn't rate him. He gave him his chance in central midfield last season and the way he put us in the shit against Hull won't have impressed Nigel. It's time for him to go and be mediocre elsewhere.

Of course it's a myth because you can't say he isn't a 'Pearson player'. He is, but we have other 'Pearson players' ahead of him. Gally is a 'Pearson player' but he's gone out now because we have others in front of him. The reason IF we offload Danns will be down to that, not that he doesn't fit the 'mould' of a player Pearson like. It's not as if he's Sol Bamba...

I'm waiting for the next Pearson cliches to come out, 'delusions of grandeur' anyone? :P

he played out of his skin towards the back end of last season before he got the red card, i think this was a big factor in the reason we didn't reach play offs last season. I cant understand why a few of you are slating him all of a sudden, he hasn't been given a proper chance this season for one reason or another, all in all i would advise Pearson not to send him out on loan, but he he choses too, please do not sell him! get him some game time then bring him back

I don't think this will be the case?

Why loan out a player if the manager thinks hes good enough? Or 'value for money'? Danns isn't injured or 'out of form'... He just isn't being played.

If he goes out on loan it will be with a view to him leaving I would suspect.

James sits just in front of the back 4 when he plays, Drinkwater is a centre mid in the true sense on the term, he does not drive the game forward like Danns or King.

I agree we have looked not the best in defence, and as James was supposed to be the cover man you wont be surprised to hear me say I dont think he is up to the job.

Give king his dues, he has taken his chance when a lot on here were wishing him out of the club. He deserves his place.

Some people's memories here are rather short. The game that sticks out for me last season was Derby away, he was immense. And around that time he was turning in some match winning performances.

OK his tackling is a little over zealous, but Scholes was/is the same, it just part of their play.

I can only assume those who want Danns out of the club has a memory loss problem or did'nt watch him play much last season.

Like I said before, he was played out of position for a large portion of last season, and once he was moved into the middle he was our best player in a lot of games until his injury.

The only reasons I can think of are these:

1. Pearson doesn't rate him or considers his value to the squad isn't worth what he is being paid.

2. Danns is unfit and needs match time to regain fitness.

3. His face don't fit, for whatever reason.

4. Danns has asked to leave.

5. Pearson has other targets in mind.

Perm one or many of these IMO. If the report is true in the first place?

I think this whole 'value for money' thing is becoming big in football now. You pay a player big bucks you expect them to be worth it.

The days are going of highly average players being paid vast fortunes.

And a good thing too IMO.

God knows the damage that was done under the likes of Taylor and Sven, albeit in different times.

But Mack, Danns passing is nothing short of atrocious. Can't you remember how many times he gave the ball away in dangerous positions? Just because he's energetic and a bit of a character seems to mask over the fact he can't do what midfielders should be able to do, which is pass and even simple passes at that.

Why is it? That whenever a Leic player is linked with a move away from the club, morons on here always come up with things like "Wouldn't be missed"

They aren't all bad players, so at least show some respect.

What does it have to do with respect? From a purely footballing point of view I don't rate him and wouldn't miss him. Nothing against him personally.

Have you read any of my posts? He's simply not as good as our other midfielders IMO. He's energetic and runs around a lot, but he just doesn't do the simple things well - he can't pass well, he can't hold the ball well, he can't tackle well. The misplaced passes, the cheap free kicks, the surrendering of posession - all it does is just lead to trouble.

I'd be perfectly happy to have him as a squad player, but I wouldn't want or expect him to play any significant role this season. Put simply, King, Drinkwater & Wellens are all better players than him. I haven't seen enough of James to make a judgement there yet, but Pearson obviously rates him ahead of Danns too.

I'd love to know what games he 'played out of his skin' in last season, because I bet if I went back and watched them again, I'd see a lot of running around, but not a lot else. Another player who deceives fans into thinking he's quality or having a great game just because he covers a lot of ground. I call it the Hume Theory.

I think you forget that for a decent amount of last season he was average to poor, he ended it in good form before his reckless sending-off.

I don't think Danns would be a great option off the bench. People think he 'gets stuck in' but that's just because he has to make last ditch tackles because his reading of the game is poor. That's the same reason people think King is a poor tackler - he reads the game well and makes his interception early so he doesn't have to make showy last ditch tackles. Danns might have energy, but if we bring him on and he can't keep the ball and misplaces passes, it invites pressure onto us because we're not in posession which is a recipe for disaster. IF we're looking for someone to inject pace and energy into a game, Dyer or Knoackaert should be the ones coming off the bench to provide that because at least they have skill too.

On the other hand, Wellens coming on could be an asset for us in certain games. If we're leading and want to slow the tempo down a bit and keep posession, he's a very good player to bring on. If we're losing and we're struggling to keep the ball, Wellens would improve our passing and ball retention. I still think he could do a job for us as a sub - I doubt he'll be forcing his way back into the starting lineup over Drinkwater now.

Very much agree with this, as proven at Blackburn, when Danns came on, gave the ball away and it led to the winning goal.

He did have some good games last year, but if we want to play a high pressing, passing game, we can't afford to have someone so sloppy with possession in the middle, and giving away a lot of free kicks, I think he was our most booked player last season, or at least up there.

Like Gally, if he goes I will not shed a tear, but if he can re-find his form with a run of games, then it would be good to have him back, but like so many of Sven's signings is overpaid and has so far underperformed.

Archived