Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Danns to Leeds.....

If this happens I will be very disappointed.

Another big Character within the squad on his way out for non footballing reasons I guess.

Danns was the spark in midfield last season, I am lost at the way he has been treated this season.

The spark in midifeld? He had a bit of a purple patch at the end of last season when we were struggling for numbers in midfield so badly that we had Sol Bamba playing there. As myself and others have said in this thread, he brings a lot of huff and puff, but not a lot else. Ball retention, passing and tackling are all terrible. King and Drinkwater are deservedly well above him in the pecking order.

Surely Danns would be above Wellens in the pecking order? I'd be sad to see him go, especially to Leeds. I know he hasn't looked great when he's had his limited chances so far this season but at times last year he was just about our best player.

Really? I honestly don't know why people think this. At best he was the best of a bad bunch in midfield towards the end of the season. King and Drinky have established themselves as first choice now and look quality, why would we want to disrupt that?

He should be starting. There is no way Pearson could justify sending Danns out on loan, especially to a rival. I don't think this will happen though, the paper doesn't exactly seem sure of it.

Care to explain why? As I've said, King and Drinky have been quality so far this season, why would we want to disrupt that? He is a distinctly average player, if Leeds want him in their midfield, they're welcome to him.

But Wellens keeps the ball better than Danns, and has the ability to win us cheap free kicks.

Ball retention shouldn't be the most important aspect for a player, what Danns provides that Wellens doesn't is energy which is vital for a player coming on to the pitch he also gets stuck in maybe not 100% with his tackles but his strength in dislodging opposition players is good, Danns is by no means the perfect player but I rather have him than Wellens coming on as a sub.

If this happens I will be very disappointed.

Another big Character within the squad on his way out for non footballing reasons I guess.

Danns was the spark in midfield last season, I am lost at the way he has been treated this season.

How is it non-footballing reasons? He's fourth choice in midfield currently, because King and Drinkwater have started the season well and James is seemingly ahead of him.

If he is not part of the plans then he might as well go out on a loan. I presume Warnock knows exactly what he is getting having worked with the boy at Palace but for our current style he just doesn't fit as he can't pass quickly enough or accurately enough to slot into either the King or Drinwater roles and we don't look like fielding a five man midfield (which could accommodate him) any time soon.

Ball retention shouldn't be the most important aspect for a player, what Danns provides that Wellens doesn't is energy which is vital for a player coming on to the pitch he also gets stuck in maybe not 100% with his tackles but his strength in dislodging opposition players is good, Danns is by no means the perfect player but I rather have him than Wellens coming on as a sub.

Danns provides energy and pace, he has this advantage over all of our central midfielders. But ball retention is crucial for midfielders, and I think Wellens and Drinkwater are the best at this in our squad.

Paul Gallagher to Sheffield Utd on loan is being mooted it could happen according to some Blades fans on twitter

I'd welcome this.

Danns is OK. He works hard, he drives forward in possession and gets his fair share of goals. He's got his limitations though, he can't pass and he's not creative, and can be a headless chicken at times. He was poor up until January last season when he had a few good months, but I've never seen him as a starter for us.

I think he's decent back-up but I wouldn't be devastated if he never played for us again.

I don't think Danns would be a great option off the bench. People think he 'gets stuck in' but that's just because he has to make last ditch tackles because his reading of the game is poor. That's the same reason people think King is a poor tackler - he reads the game well and makes his interception early so he doesn't have to make showy last ditch tackles. Danns might have energy, but if we bring him on and he can't keep the ball and misplaces passes, it invites pressure onto us because we're not in posession which is a recipe for disaster. IF we're looking for someone to inject pace and energy into a game, Dyer or Knoackaert should be the ones coming off the bench to provide that because at least they have skill too.

On the other hand, Wellens coming on could be an asset for us in certain games. If we're leading and want to slow the tempo down a bit and keep posession, he's a very good player to bring on. If we're losing and we're struggling to keep the ball, Wellens would improve our passing and ball retention. I still think he could do a job for us as a sub - I doubt he'll be forcing his way back into the starting lineup over Drinkwater now.

Danns is OK. He works hard, he drives forward in possession and gets his fair share of goals. He's got his limitations though, he can't pass and he's not creative, and can be a headless chicken at times. He was poor up until January last season when he had a few good months, but I've never seen him as a starter for us.

I think he's decent back-up but I wouldn't be devastated if he never played for us again.

Agree with all of this apart from the goals aspect, which has been mentioned by other posters. I don't have the number, but I can't believe he's scored more than a handful for us. Not many for a forward-going midfielder, and doesn't begin to compare with Kingy in that respect.

Why? No doubt because he's a perceived bigger name.

Did you see Danns' performance against Burton? It was shocking! He wouldn't have found a blue shirt in the City Megastore that night!

If he starts regularly he will do a good job. He adds a bit of passion and desire and we need a ball winner on the pitch. Starting him and King would be a good mix of strength and quality. I haven't seen anything of Drinkwater so far that says he is miles ahead of Danns. Shake things up, and we not lose every other game.

Leeds United manager Neil Warnock was looking to finalise the signing of a loan midfielder today after widening his search with an enquiry about Leicester City’s Neil Danns.

Reaction from an LUFC perspective:

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/latest-whites-news/leeds-united-is-leicester-city-star-danns-the-man-for-warnock-1-4923524

I don't think Danns would be a great option off the bench. People think he 'gets stuck in' but that's just because he has to make last ditch tackles because his reading of the game is poor. That's the same reason people think King is a poor tackler - he reads the game well and makes his interception early so he doesn't have to make showy last ditch tackles. Danns might have energy, but if we bring him on and he can't keep the ball and misplaces passes, it invites pressure onto us because we're not in posession which is a recipe for disaster. IF we're looking for someone to inject pace and energy into a game, Dyer or Knoackaert should be the ones coming off the bench to provide that because at least they have skill too.

On the other hand, Wellens coming on could be an asset for us in certain games. If we're leading and want to slow the tempo down a bit and keep posession, he's a very good player to bring on. If we're losing and we're struggling to keep the ball, Wellens would improve our passing and ball retention. I still think he could do a job for us as a sub - I doubt he'll be forcing his way back into the starting lineup over Drinkwater now.

Again...

Spot on IMO.

He adds a bit of passion and desire

Shame he didn't show any of either when he got his shot against Burton. Or is it only passion and desire when he's playing against decent teams?

we need a ball winner on the pitch

we've got two already, Drinkwater and King, both of whom are far, far better tacklers than Danns. Neither of them give away the ball or misplace their passes either.

Slightly disappointed with this, but he is clearly not in Pearson's plans and Nigel would prefer Wellens as back-up rather than Danns.

Nobody will come in as a loan replacement, Wellens is experienced and will hopefully start playing well again when given the chance.

Why is it? That whenever a Leic player is linked with a move away from the club, morons on here always come up with things like "Wouldn't be missed"

They aren't all bad players, so at least show some respect.

I know what you're saying but 'wouldn't be missed' I think is a fair enough thing to say.

If he'd said 'Fook off and good riddance' then you'd have more of a point IMO.

I don't think he will be missed particularly either.

Slightly disappointed with this, but he is clearly not in Pearson's plans and Nigel would prefer Wellens as back-up rather than Danns.

Nobody will come in as a loan replacement, Wellens is experienced and will hopefully start playing well again when given the chance.

Which is why I'm so afraid......

Shame he didn't show any of either when he got his shot against Burton. Or is it only passion and desire when he's playing against decent teams?

we've got two already, Drinkwater and King, both of whom are far, far better tacklers than Danns. Neither of them give away the ball or misplace their passes either.

Could we stretch our minds a little further back? When Danns had a regular run last season he was quality, everyone said so. Okay he played poor vs Burton at a time when he feels unwanted and a bench warmer. One bad game doesn't mean we should get rid.

The spark in midifeld? He had a bit of a purple patch at the end of last season when we were struggling for numbers in midfield so badly that we had Sol Bamba playing there. As myself and others have said in this thread, he brings a lot of huff and puff, but not a lot else. Ball retention, passing and tackling are all terrible. King and Drinkwater are deservedly well above him in the pecking order.

Really? I honestly don't know why people think this. At best he was the best of a bad bunch in midfield towards the end of the season. King and Drinky have established themselves as first choice now and look quality, why would we want to disrupt that?

Care to explain why? As I've said, King and Drinky have been quality so far this season, why would we want to disrupt that? He is a distinctly average player, if Leeds want him in their midfield, they're welcome to him.

King has only just began to start, it has been James and Drinkwater in the main and that for me if far too defensive.

Danns was outstanding the second half of last season once he was played in the middle rather than wide.

Looks to me like another non footballing decision if true.

Archived