Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Danns to Leeds.....

On what basis? Because he had about 3 good months in a whole season?

He was shit against Burton by all accounts, King and Drinkwater have been playing well and are just better players overall. And I'm not even convinced those two are that good.

I don't see what he's really done for us to suggest he's good enough to be a first team player for a promotion chasing team. He's a bog standard Championship player with some qualities but a lot of faults also.

I kow - lets lend out all the players who were shit against Burton - genius

We're like the Man City of the Championship lol We have players that would be in the first XI of other teams, but too many of them so not in our first XI, so other clubs are lining up to take them on loan for zero money!

A shame the XI that is playing aren't winning weekly though :(

As I said, we saw last year what a real asset he can be

I certainly saw him tackle, pass and even run right past players in the centre of the park, something I haven't seen from any of our other CMs.

The rest of his team seem to get along with him generally well, and even got the captains armband for us in pre-season, showing what some have thought of him inside the club.

But yes, seeing as your a Twitter disabled, you can just shout and rave nonsense :P

I was very pleased when we signed him last season...a player with an engine, scores goals...always looking for the ball,yet to start with he was quite poor for us whether that was to do with settling down at the club,sven's sacking i don't know.

What i do think though is that he was easily our best player from January to March before the sending off against Hull.

I thought he would be first choice to start with,yet Pearson has opted for Drinkwater ..who to be fair to has played well even if his distribution could be better.

My gut feeling is its nothing to do with abillty it just comes down to a straight choice between him and Drinkwater,and Drinky got the nod.

We're like the Man City of the Championship lol We have players that would be in the first XI of other teams, but too many of them so not in our first XI, so other clubs are lining up to take them on loan for zero money!

A shame the XI that is playing aren't winning weekly though :(

Now who's fault could that be?????hmmmm?

I've seen Leeds sign "Tongue" today but this could still happen IMO, Warnock's always been a fan of Danns.

With the Peltier connection too I wouldn't be surprised. I really do think he ranks as one of the most over-rated players we have, I was actually very excited when we signed him, but the fact is he's bang average. He's got a good engine and not a bad shot on him to be fair but other than that he ain't good enough, his passing for a centre mid is appalling, utterly appalling.

I'd also rather have Wellens. The bloke will never give us 90 minutes but I stand by he's the best at the club at picking out a cracking pass from nowhere.

I've seen Leeds sign "Tongue" today but this could still happen IMO, Warnock's always been a fan of Danns.

With the Peltier connection too I wouldn't be surprised. I really do think he ranks as one of the most over-rated players we have, I was actually very excited when we signed him, but the fact is he's bang average. He's got a good engine and not a bad shot on him to be fair but other than that he ain't good enough, his passing for a centre mid is appalling, utterly appalling.

I'd also rather have Wellens. The bloke will never give us 90 minutes but I stand by he's the best at the club at picking out a cracking pass from nowhere.

Which kinda sums it all up...........

Which kinda sums it all up...........

You've taken that out of context.

He might not be the best player at the club, but, as the post (which I agree with) says; he's the best at the club at picking out a cracking pass from nowhere.

He was shit against Burton by all accounts, King and Drinkwater have been playing well and are just better players overall. And I'm not even convinced those two are that good.

I don't see what he's really done for us to suggest he's good enough to be a first team player for a promotion chasing team. He's a bog standard Championship player with some qualities but a lot of faults also.

I was at the Burton game.

He had a poor game, he was trying his bollocks off just played badly.

I would put that down to not being match sharp because he's not had enough game time since his injury at the back end of last season.

I was at the Burton game.

He had a poor game, he was trying his bollocks off just played badly.

I would put that down to not being match sharp because he's not had enough game time since his injury at the back end of last season.

Now how could he get some more game time? We could bring him on for the last 20 minutes like at Blackburn when he gave the ball away leading up to their goal.

We could play him in meaningless cup ties...

Or send him on loan,

I don't get this whole rivals thing either, Leeds having Danns for month is not going to cost us promotion, that is in our hands nobody else's. Loaning him to league 1 is not going to get him match ready for the championship.

Danns is OK. He works hard, he drives forward in possession and gets his fair share of goals. He's got his limitations though, he can't pass and he's not creative, and can be a headless chicken at times. He was poor up until January last season when he had a few good months, but I've never seen him as a starter for us.

I think he's decent back-up but I wouldn't be devastated if he never played for us again.

Spot on. As ever.

Danns isn't good enough on the ball to play in a two-man central midfield, particularly not with the style Pearson's had us playing this year. People say that he's good at getting stuck in but I'd never want to rely on him as my holding midfield because he's not particularly strong or consistent enough in the tackle. He runs around a lot, tries, a lot of huff and puff, but nothing that we'd miss greatly.

And again, another that will be on a nice big contract thanks to Sven. Not worth the money, unlike Nugent, Schmeichel and Konchesky (to an extent), hence why they've stayed and the rest have been given the boot.

It just can't be the simple possibility that Pearson rates other players higher than some can it?

Don't be ridiculous to suggest it was anything other than a headbutt.

It's probably Pearson failing to handle players with FLAIR again seeing as he's got long hair.

Archived