Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
NewquayFox

Danns to Leeds.....

The only reasons I can think of are these:

1. Pearson doesn't rate him or considers his value to the squad isn't worth what he is being paid.

2. Danns is unfit and needs match time to regain fitness.

3. His face don't fit, for whatever reason.

4. Danns has asked to leave.

5. Pearson has other targets in mind.

Perm one or many of these IMO. If the report is true in the first place?

I think this whole 'value for money' thing is becoming big in football now. You pay a player big bucks you expect them to be worth it.

The days are going of highly average players being paid vast fortunes.

And a good thing too IMO.

God knows the damage that was done under the likes of Taylor and Sven, albeit in different times.

My guess is number 3.

I'm starting to learn with Pearson if you have a brain and or a mouth and you dare use either in any other than the 'Pearson' manner you are soon shown the door.

Surely grown men can have differences of opinion but still sing from the same hymn sheet in the name of a common goal?

Seems not under Pearson, and that is starting to concern me.

When did a free transfer become a 'big money' signing? Who has the info on what players are paid or is it just crappy guesswork?

Well since the Bosman rules came in free transfers have been notorious for having big sign on fees and inflated wages, by saving millions on transfer fees clubs are able to offer much better packages, hence why some players are happy to see out their contract on the bench confident they will get a better deal by leaving on a free.

Now you are right nobody knows the content of Danns' deal, but he was highly sought after as a free agent, including by Pearson at Hull, so it is safe to assume he had a number of offers and picked the best one, which doesn't necessarily mean the most lucrative, but it is fair to say he wouldn't have come if we offered him peanuts in terms of a signing on fee and wages.

Judging by Sven's expenditure and the wages he was willing to pay for premiership loanees, such as Yakubu, Davies, Johnson, he was not afraid to splash the cash.

It is fairly safe to say that Danns and Nugent will be 2 of the top earners at the club, probably more than Beckford because we got them on a free, but it is all speculation and nobody actually knows.

My guess is number 3.

I'm starting to learn with Pearson if you have a brain and or a mouth and you dare use either in any other than the 'Pearson' manner you are soon shown the door.

Surely grown men can have differences of opinion but still sing from the same hymn sheet in the name of a common goal?

That is an outrageous conclusion to come to.

Danns hasn't been playing well in his limited appearances, he isn't going to improve bench warming, or playing the odd reserve match.

Send him on loan, get him some game time, and give him the chance to prove himself, he will come back fitter and better for us.

There is the risk that he will impress at Leeds, feel more comfortable there, and enjoy being a first team regular, and want to join them, fair enough, let him, he is not first choice here, and would have to improve dramatically to become first choice, if we sell him in Jan, we will have funds to replace him.

Why do people always read so much into every little thing.

When you are playing championship manager, why do you send players out on loan? Is it because their face doesn't fit?

By NPs own admission he tried to get Dannsy whilst at Hull as he quipped when he came back "you want to speak to me now Dannsy?" so it's definitely NOT about him not being a NP player I feel it could be that running around like a headless chicken and not being able to passthe ball to one of our own players have been identified by NP as a potential problem :D

That is an outrageous conclusion to come to.

Danns hasn't been playing well in his limited appearances, he isn't going to improve bench warming, or playing the odd reserve match.

Send him on loan, get him some game time, and give him the chance to prove himself, he will come back fitter and better for us.

There is the risk that he will impress at Leeds, feel more comfortable there, and enjoy being a first team regular, and want to join them, fair enough, let him, he is not first choice here, and would have to improve dramatically to become first choice, if we sell him in Jan, we will have funds to replace him.

Why do people always read so much into every little thing.

When you are playing championship manager, why do you send players out on loan? Is it because their face doesn't fit?

He should be a first team regular with us.

And I dont understand why he is not getting at least 30 minutes a game to get back some match sharpness after coming back from injury, which he has never been given the chance to do.

I know.. lets lend him to a rival ... what a a cracking idea!

shoot-yourself-in-the-foot1.jpeg

My guess is number 3.

I'm gonna be honest Mack, I was thinking the same thing.... Mills, Bamba, Peltier, alleged spats with SSL, rumours about Beckford leaving.... I thought, is it just a coincidence that these were all Svens signings or, more importantly maybe, none of Pearsons signings.

Then I took a step back and thought about it more. Whilst Mills and Becks are considered 'big characters' for want of a better term, how about Bamba and Peltier? They aren't?

Also, Pearson has continued to play and stick with Konchesky, Kasper, Nugent and SSL when fit (all Sven signings).

Also, Pearson has continued to rely upon Wellens for a long time (a player considered, by some, to be such a big character that he allegedly plotted the downfall of both Sousa and Sven?)

Finally, he's allowed Gally to go on loan, only today (not a Sven signing)....

This all leads me to draw one conclusion:

It's NOT about characters, personalities, spats, bust-ups or sinister coup d'etats.

It's actually about Pearson selecting who he thinks are his best players and his best teams.

He didn't rate Mills (who the Fook actually does?) so he sold him, he didn't think Bamba was a good enough defender, so he sold him. Gally isn't good enough to stake a claim, so he's loaned him.

I DO think Pearson has considered wages, but them again, at the present time he absolutely should do.

I think Nige judges primarily on his perceived ability of players. Anything else is secondary.

I'm gonna be honest Mack, I was thinking the same thing.... Mills, Bamba, Peltier, alleged spats with SSL, rumours about Beckford leaving.... I thought, is it just a coincidence that these were all Svens signings or, more importantly maybe, none of Pearsons signings.

Then I took a step back and thought about it more. Whilst Mills and Becks are considered 'big characters' for want of a better term, how about Bamba and Peltier? They aren't?

Also, Pearson has continued to play and stick with Konchesky, Kasper, Nugent and SSL when fit (all Sven signings).

Also, Pearson has continued to rely upon Wellens for a long time (a player considered, by some, to be such a big character that he allegedly plotted the downfall of both Sousa and Sven?)

It's NOT about characters, personalities, spats, bust-ups or sinister coup d'etats.

It's actually about Pearson selecting who he thinks are his best players and his best teams.

He didn't rate Mills (who the Fook actually does?) so he sold him, he didn't think Bamba was a good enough defender, so he sold him. Gally isn't good enough to stake a claim, so he's loaned him.

I DO think Pearson has considered wages, but them again, at the present time he absolutely should do.

I think Nige judges primarily on his perceived ability of players. Anything else is secondary.

I don't think it's about big personalities, I think it's about daring to disagree.

Might be well off the mark, but Danns did make some comments and Twitter and since he's been on the naughty step.

And I dont understand why he is not getting at least 30 minutes a game to get back some match sharpness after coming back from injury, which he has never been given the chance to do.

On what basis? Because he had about 3 good months in a whole season?

He was shit against Burton by all accounts, King and Drinkwater have been playing well and are just better players overall. And I'm not even convinced those two are that good.

I don't see what he's really done for us to suggest he's good enough to be a first team player for a promotion chasing team. He's a bog standard Championship player with some qualities but a lot of faults also.

:thumbup: Love it when someone saves me the ballache of typing Col.

Leicester 2 - 4 Burton Albion

That was his chance to proove himself, and the only thing he did proove was that he was the worst player on the pitch

If this happens I will be very disappointed.

Another big Character within the squad on his way out for non footballing reasons I guess.

Danns was the spark in midfield last season, I am lost at the way he has been treated this season.

Agreed,certainly hope this story is bollox

I think he proved last year, what a real asset he can be

Now, he might not be integral down to the Manchester United defensive midfield were having installed, but in times of poor form and any other opportunities is a fantastic asset to have on the pitch, works hard, others appreciate and work with his endeavour and is a general likeable player.

Add that Pearson want him for Hull, and I dont see why we would want rid of him badly, hope we work it out in short time

Hallelujah! Someone gets it! Good post Col, agree with it all.

I don't think it's about big personalities, I think it's about daring to disagree.

Might be well off the mark, but Danns did make some comments and Twitter and since he's been on the naughty step.

What about Nugent's comments on twitter then? He still gets in the side? Or are you just ignoring that because it doesn't fit your bizarre conspiracy theory?

I think he proved last year, what a real asset he can be

Now, he might not be integral down to the Manchester United defensive midfield were having installed, but in times of poor form and any other opportunities is a fantastic asset to have on the pitch, works hard, others appreciate and work with his endeavour and is a general likeable player.

Add that Pearson want him for Hull, and I dont see why we would want rid of him badly, hope we work it out in short time

I can't pass a ball, I can't tackle, I can't keep possession but I work really hard and I'm a pretty nice bloke - I've even got my own iPhone app in the works already. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEARSON WON'T GIVE ME A GAME!

...I mean, he could've just said no, he didn't have to headbutt me.

I can't pass a ball, I can't tackle, I can't keep possession but I work really hard and I'm a pretty nice bloke - I've even got my own iPhone app in the works already. I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY PEARSON WON'T GIVE ME A GAME!

...I mean, he could've just said no, he didn't have to headbutt me.

As I said, we saw last year what a real asset he can be

I certainly saw him tackle, pass and even run right past players in the centre of the park, something I haven't seen from any of our other CMs.

The rest of his team seem to get along with him generally well, and even got the captains armband for us in pre-season, showing what some have thought of him inside the club.

But yes, seeing as your a Twitter disabled, you can just shout and rave nonsense :P

I'm not sure I'd want to lose Danns and can understand his frustration but the answer has always been in his own hands and, generally, he's been a disappointment.

All action he might be but he just seems to lack the subtleties and there's been no real signs of his being any great threat to goal though there may have been reasons for that.

Too often I've been struck by his lack of quick control and need for an extra touch all the time. Yes, he's aggressive but so are rottweilers and Staffordshire bull terriers but it doesn't make em footballers.

Presumably his wages make him an expensive bench warmer so, while I could understand the decision to let him leave, I don't know that I'd want him go to join a close rival.

Archived