Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LordFox

Moore or Whitbread?

I think Moore so far has had a decent start to the season, however he looked at times (not all the time I hasten to add) a little bit naive yesterday and was caught out from time to time, yes I fully appreciate that it’s all part of his learning curve, learning his trade etc. and I’m not starting a lets slate Moore – he’s cr@p slagging match/ debate far from it, I rate the guy – I’m using this as an opening gambit to pose the question of who, for the up and coming game against Burnley, would you partner along side Big Wes - Moore or Whitbread?

I went to Friday’s under 21 development game purely to see the Foxes stuff Dirty, Dirty Leeds and also to run the rule over Whitbread and Wellens

Most of us have said in other threads that we think the defence could tighten up a bit and after what I witnessed on Friday, I believe Whitbread could be the man to do that.

He completed the full 90, won 95% of everything in the air, his awareness and positioning was spot on and whilst not possessing the pace of Dyer, he’s not what you would call slow and almost certainly quicker then Wes.

I think it’s time for a bit of experience against Burnley so come on NP make the change.

Oh as an after thought – it pains me to say it but Wellens had a really, really good game too!

Whitbread on Wednesday for me.

I like Liam Moore but he's not convinced me in a single away game yet. It's a ridiculous cycle where yet again Pearson can't win - I'd love to see More be a first team regular but he ain't the finished article, he's a good young defender but like I say, he can only do it at home.

Playing him at home - good performance, then we'll be away inevitably next and he seems to fvck up away from home, yet if he gets dropped following a good game it's very harsh.

I'd give him a rest personally, get Whitbread in next game, he was poor against Burton but Norwich fans reckon this bloke was their best centre half last year, there's no way he can keep sitting out.

I wouldn't be surprised if he went with Moore at right back, Morgan/Whitbread in the centre on Weds actually.

Would like to see Whitbread again before he plays in the first team, looked very short against Burton, but could be pinned on lack of match fitness.

And I don't know why so many people don't rate Wellens' he is actually a very good midfielder.

Haters gotta hate, that's life man.

Whitbread is more experienced but Moore has stepped in and had a great run until yesterday - glad he got a few rash moments out early in the season - and though I would like to see Whitbread in action - would be great to see how the team reacts on Wednesday, especially Moore

Whilst I'm not that convinced by either of our centre halves the main defensive problems so far seem to be the full back areas. I think we should keep the same centre half pairing for now but I really don't know what we should do about the ful backs as frankly both look out of form or unfit or both.

Whitbread is a very high quality centre half.

Not only is a assured in defending, he has the ability to play an accurate pass and bring the ball out from defence at times.

If he is fit then for me there can be no contest.

the introduction of Whitbread alongside Morgan and Knockeart in the starting 11 gets us cooking on gas. I feel it could be the case from Wednesday, Its just the strikeforce that needs looking at, for me Waghorn deserves a chance after beckford and nugent not doing it for a long period of time.

Whitbread is a very high quality centre half.

Not only is a assured in defending, he has the ability to play an accurate pass and bring the ball out from defence at times.

If he is fit then for me there can be no contest.

This. I'd also move Moore to right back. De Laet has looked distinctly average so I'd be happy to see him dropped.

Archived