Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mowmacrefox

James Pearson (Pearsons son) Signs 1 year deal

Might not just be his son though. This gives is an insight into the type of person Pearson is. He'll happily give someone an undeserved leg up if that person means enough to him. That point is now indisputable. Question is how many of our other players are in Pearson's good books enough for him to get them a contract not based on footballing merit? We know he has his favourites, just how far does he go? Is our entire squad one big boys club? That would certainly explain why he is always looking to get rid of any outsiders.

You have absolutely no idea what is going on.

Outsiders? Who is on the inside then?

Joke this.

Pearson clearly thinks he's going to get the boot soon, which will no doubt come with a bumper pay off.

Just before he does, he signs up his son. No future manager will want him, which means his son will get a pay off too.

Bonkers.

It would only be bonkers if he is park standard. I'll bet though you know absolutely nothing about him and have never seen him play. Bit of a silly statement to make when you know so little about him...

Let me start by saying I'm a big Pearson fan, so there is no agenda to this, but I think this is a disgrace.

We all know that Pearson has done this not for the good of himself as manager, not for the good of Leicester City, but for the good of his son. This benefits nobody other than Jack Pearson. And whilst he may not ever play in the first team (and I don't think he will), that's not the point. The point is that Pearson has effectively used the club to give his son a wage and to keep him in the professional game. Not on merit but on family instead.

So let's look at why this is wrong...

Financially - we're paying this guy a wage, no doubt a small one, but a wage nonetheless. Why should money that is put into LCFC by whoever (fans, owners etc) be leaving it in the form of a wage for some guy because his dad has decided to give him a job. And that is the reason he has got this job, because the manager is his dad. There's no other way to justify it. And a 12 month contract?! There are seasoned pros out there at the minute that are desperate for a contract and would no doubt take a 6 month offer, why the need for 12 months for daddy's son?

Ability - the lad isn't coming from a club at the same level as us or higher. This is not comparable to Thomas Ince, Alex Bruce, hell even Charlie Allen. This lad is coming from nowhere with minimal credentials to suggest that he should be anywhere near a club the size, and at the level of, Leicester City. Again, he's only here because of Mr Pearson.

Opportunity - why should this lad be playing in our developmental squad ahead of some of the younger players we have in our academy who would not doubt benefit from such an opportunity? Surely there's a kid coming through the ranks that is better than this guy (hence why there were at the club in the first place) and who will now potentially be denied the opportunity of playing if Pearson's son is played ahead of him. Again, the decision to give him a contract is of no benefit to LCFC.

There are just three but I could go on....

I'm not a fan of managers signing their sons but this one just takes the biscuit. His son is coming from nowhere. If I ask Mr Pearson nicely will he give me a job?!

I am surprised the outrage at this is not more widespread. Okay it may not affect the higher levels of the club (i.e. the first team) but I don't think that something so morally distasteful should just be swept under the carpet because it might not have too greater an impact. As a man who seems to take no crap, to promote earning the right to play and achieving based upon merit, I've lost some respect for Pearson after this trick.

Edit: just seen his name's actually James not Jack... sums it up

I can't mention names but believe me some players progressed through the ranks at leicester based on who they were not how good they were, I guess football is no different to any business.

Stearman was one.

Edit: Not saying he's a crap footballer, his family just knew a few people in the club.

Jesus, I thought it was bad when Steve Bruce signed Alex for us a few months back. This takes the biscuit though. Pearson's gone mental.

Oh I'm so glad you decided to join this forum, I can see your contributions being meaningful and worthwhile reading.

I don't know why people are getting so worked up about this, it's a speculative punt on a young player. Were people moaning when we signed Blythe? Or Verma? He's going to be on next to nothing and if he comes good, great, if he doesn't then so what? I don't personally think it matters if he's Pearson's son or not, he's not the kind of manager who would sign up someone if he didn't think they could possibly play a role at the club.

right, to sum this up for all of you, i've played with him over the last few years, and it frustrates me that those players from a non football background who are good enough dont get the oppertunity to be looked at dont get that, and theres me slugging it out at semi pro standard. i didnt wish to leave a comment on here but thought i'd have too.

i wouldnt worry about his ego or anything like that, as if he gets any sort of chance its more than likely at his age, being 20, to clarify that, he will go into some sort of shell.

he was a centre midfielder until last year, rarely made the cut for the academy team and was playing for the lower teams. now i see he's a centre half, or even full back... thats just amusing..

think this is embarrassing personally, but then again, if you could help your family out, i'm sure we all would.

no way he would sign to any club in the football league, let alone conference.. not good enough. football is beccoming the most clicky sport.

that is all. he's simply not a good footballer.

Archived