Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Liam Moore signs new contract

http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/210912-three-moore-years-for-liam-380196.aspx?pageView=full#anchored

Leicester City are delighted to announce that Liam Moore has agreed a new contract with the Club, keeping him at King Power Stadium until June 2015.

The highly-rated 19-year-old defender, a graduate of the Foxes Academy, extends terms with the Club after an impressive start to the new season, having featured in six out of City’s eight league and cup matches so far this term.

City manager Nigel Pearson said: “Liam has made excellent progress since graduating from the Academy and has shown a great deal of quality and maturity since being regularly involved with the first team squad.

“His talent will be obvious to those that have seen him play, but he’s also a very level-headed young man that has adapted remarkably well to the demands of the Championship.

“He still has plenty to learn, but I am delighted to have him as part of our long-term plans.”

Liam, from Barrow Upon Soar, joined the City Academy as a eight-year-old and graduated in the summer of 2011. Following a productive spell on loan with Bradford City last season, he returned to make his Leicester City first team debut in January and also featured in the final-day victory at Leeds United.

After some excellent displays during pre-season, he started the current campaign at the heart of the City defence and won rave reviews for his performances alongside captain Wes Morgan.

I believe his old contract expired at the end of the current season and given his recent first team involvement it was inevitable this would happen sooner rather than later. Nice having a young youth graduate coming through the ranks and part of the first team squad.

Agent did a good job there n'est pas with all the talk of big clubs scouting him...........

:appl:

As did Big Nige taking him out the side to hurry him up. :thumbup:

I don't see why its amusing it's not like we have a que of central defenders lining up.

Glad to see that he has signed though, seems like a very promising defender for the future.

Well he just might not get the first team football here he thought he was going to get, is my point

;)

lol

• 3 weeks later...

OS

City youngster Liam Moore says the first 10 games of the season have been a real education process, as he acclimatises to the demands of the npower Championship.

The progress of the 19-year-old defender has been one of the Foxes’ early-season success stories, as another gem from the Club’s productive Academy strives to establish himself as a first team regular.

Deployed both in central defence and at right-back by boss Nigel Pearson, Moore’s displays recently earned him a new three-year contract, which will extend his stay with the Club beyond 15 years.

But the talented boy from Barrow would be the first to admit that he is still learning the game and is grateful to have considerable experience around him in the Foxes squad.

“You have to learn quickly in this league, otherwise you get found out,” Liam told Foxes Player.

“Every game you go into, you have to be 100 per cent. You can’t back out of tackles, you can’t go into games feeling weak physically or mentally, you just need to be ready for quality players coming at you all the time.

“During the start of the season, I’ve played against Premier League-quality players like Sylvan Ebanks-Blake, Bradley Wright-Phillips and Kevin Doyle – they’re big games against big players.

“But I’ve learned a lot from playing alongside Wes (Morgan), also in training with Zak (Whitbread)’s experience and Sean (St. Ledger)’s experience.

“Playing at centre-half, I was also able to see Paul Konchesky’s movement at left-back, then go to play at right-back and see things the way he does.”

The influence of Morgan was of huge significance during the season’s first few games, when injuries to St. Ledger and Whitbread made Liam and automatic choice alongside the City captain.

“He tells me to defend properly and just play my game,” Liam said of his skipper.

“It’s great to have that experience next to you, talking to you and letting you do what you do best. There’s no added pressure on me.”

Perhaps most impressive has been the way Moore has repeatedly seized his chance in the side.

Having started the season at centre-half, it took an international of St. Ledger’s experience several weeks to displace him. Full-back Ritchie De Laet is currently facing a similar challenge to win back the right-back berth that Liam grabbed when injury struck the Belgian defender.

“The gaffer has filled me with confidence and he’s shown that, if I’m needed, he’ll put me in without a second thought,” Liam said.

“To know the gaffer has that kind of confidence in you, and not bringing in people ahead of you, is a great feeling.”

It's clear now why Pelts was allowed to leave - Moore is as good as LP if not better already and should only improve. I actually think the defence looks more solid when he plays instead of De Laet although we do lose something in attack.

Great to see a local boy in the team too. Really pleased he's signed an extension.

Merc

Teenager Liam Moore has just one target during the next three years – to earn another contract so he can continue to play for his beloved Leicester City.

The 19-year-old defender has emerged into Nigel Pearson's first teamicon1.png this season with some impressive performances.

• ​4225659.jpg
    Liam Moore

• •
  • •

That has led to speculation that Premier League giants Manchester Unitedicon1.png and Arsenal were among a host of clubs who were watching Moore's progress with interest. However, Moore recently signed a new three-year contract and said he wants his long-term future to be at the King Power Stadium.

"I wanted to commit to the club and, luckily, they wanted to commit to me as well," he said.

"I have got three more years here and, in that time, all I want to do is earn another three years so I have six years here, and so on.

"I heard the rumours but I don't take any notice of any of that.

"All I wanted to do was play for Leicester City and get out there every week.

"I didn't need the rumours flying around. I was concentrating on my game and it made no difference.

"There are 30,000 people watching me play every week so it doesn't matter who they (the rumoured clubs) are. I need to perform regardless.

"I live only 15 minutes from the training ground and 10 minutes from the stadium.

"I am happy where I am and with what is going on at the moment."

Moore has graduated from the City academy and said he now feels a part of the first-team squad.

However, he accepts he is unlikely to play every game for City this season.

"I do feel a big part of the first-team squad now," he said.

"I was in and out a couple of times last season, training with them. But if you are not playing you don't really feel a part.

"If we achieve good things this season, I am definitely going to feel a part of it.

"I started a number of gamesicon1.png at the start of the season but then I was out of the team and had to work hard to get back into it.

"The chance has come around quickly and, hopefully, I can keep my place now.

"I understood why the manager left me out. He spoke to me and he said it was his job to look after young playersicon1.png.

"I honestly thought the time was right as well because my form had dropped a little bit. It was a good test for myself. I had week to think about it and sort my game again. It was good for me.

Merc

Teenager Liam Moore has just one target during the next three years – to earn another contract so he can continue to play for his beloved Leicester City.

The 19-year-old defender has emerged into Nigel Pearson's first teamicon1.png this season with some impressive performances.

• ​4225659.jpg
    Liam Moore

• •
  • •

That has led to speculation that Premier League giants Manchester Unitedicon1.png and Arsenal were among a host of clubs who were watching Moore's progress with interest. However, Moore recently signed a new three-year contract and said he wants his long-term future to be at the King Power Stadium.

"I wanted to commit to the club and, luckily, they wanted to commit to me as well," he said.

"I have got three more years here and, in that time, all I want to do is earn another three years so I have six years here, and so on.

"I heard the rumours but I don't take any notice of any of that.

"All I wanted to do was play for Leicester City and get out there every week.

"I didn't need the rumours flying around. I was concentrating on my game and it made no difference.

"There are 30,000 people watching me play every week so it doesn't matter who they (the rumoured clubs) are. I need to perform regardless.

"I live only 15 minutes from the training ground and 10 minutes from the stadium.

"I am happy where I am and with what is going on at the moment."

Moore has graduated from the City academy and said he now feels a part of the first-team squad.

However, he accepts he is unlikely to play every game for City this season.

"I do feel a big part of the first-team squad now," he said.

"I was in and out a couple of times last season, training with them. But if you are not playing you don't really feel a part.

"If we achieve good things this season, I am definitely going to feel a part of it.

"I started a number of gamesicon1.png at the start of the season but then I was out of the team and had to work hard to get back into it.

"The chance has come around quickly and, hopefully, I can keep my place now.

"I understood why the manager left me out. He spoke to me and he said it was his job to look after young playersicon1.png.

"I honestly thought the time was right as well because my form had dropped a little bit. It was a good test for myself. I had week to think about it and sort my game again. It was good for me.

lol

Archived