Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
steviewalsh

Redknapp - "no contact with Leicester"

Read this somewhere else but felt it deserved it's own thread:

http://www.espn.co.u...ory/173355.html

"None whatsoever, not a chance," Redknapp told Sky Sports News. "Mark Hughes is a top manager, I have heard nothing from anybody. I had the same thing last week, I picked up the paper to see I am going to Ipswich because I know the chairman - I'm not going to Ipswich.

"The next thing I am going to Leicester. I have never had any contact with anybody at Leicester. They are flying - Nigel Pearson is doing a great job at Leicester. I don't know where it comes from - somebody makes the story up."

So do you think we can finally put it to bed?

"I have never had any contact with anybody at Leicester," is a carefully worded and entirely ambiguous statement.

At this stage I'm much more inclined to believe Ricky Hill but would be interested is hearing our owners' answers to the following simple questions:

"Has anyone spoken to Harry Redknapp or any of his contacts/representatatives on behalf of Leicester City concerning whether Redknapp would be interested in managing here if Nigel Pearson's job were available?

"Have the owners of Leicester City, or their representatives, talked to anyone this season with a view to talking over from Pearson if the job were to become vacant?."

"If the answer to either of the above is yes, then why have these questions been asked given the exciting and clearly potentially effective way our current team has been playing all season?"

I am not particularly interested in what Redknapp has to say or the unlikely notion that he might have been interested in Pearson's job.

I'm interested in what our owners have to say about whether Pearson's situation has been undermined and whether they've gone behind his back to sound out a replacement at just the time when they should have been showing the guy maximum support.

I'm not naming the source, but it's a long term employee of the club, who is very reliable.

If you don't want to believe it, that's your choice.

Well he can't be that "reliable" if he has divulged confidential information for you to gossip about now can he?

From the Observer

Harry Redknapp on the links with England: "My focus is all on Tottenham." (• 2004: Portsmouth's Harry on links with Southampton: "I won't go down the road – no chance." • 2005: On links with old club Portsmouth: "I've no idea where this has come from. It is absolute nonsense, a stupid rumour." • 2008: On links with Spurs: "It's absolute rubbish. Portsmouth is my club – I feel immense loyalty. To leave would be a betrayal. This is my last job in football.")

Whos to say they where offering him management ?

It could just be for information and knowhow, hes a very experienced man

Top had a chat with Harry to get some advice on how to manage his tax affairs in the uk....... :thumbup:

"I have never had any contact with anybody at Leicester," is a carefully worded and entirely ambiguous statement.

At this stage I'm much more inclined to believe Ricky Hill but would be interested is hearing our owners' answers to the following simple questions:

"Has anyone spoken to Harry Redknapp or any of his contacts/representatatives on behalf of Leicester City concerning whether Redknapp would be interested in managing here if Nigel Pearson's job were available?

"Have the owners of Leicester City, or their representatives, talked to anyone this season with a view to talking over from Pearson if the job were to become vacant?."

"If the answer to either of the above is yes, then why have these questions been asked given the exciting and clearly potentially effective way our current team has been playing all season?"

I am not particularly interested in what Redknapp has to say or the unlikely notion that he might have been interested in Pearson's job.

I'm interested in what our owners have to say about whether Pearson's situation has been undermined and whether they've gone behind his back to sound out a replacement at just the time when they should have been showing the guy maximum support.

Whilst your views on NFP's and the teams performances are perfectly sound, others look at them differently. Results wise august was horrible, sure the team was showing attacking intent but it was also, in the main losing.

By the end of the month I was pretty twitchy and I don't have £60m invested in a club that has just been beaten, quite comprehensibly, by Burton Albion.

Thats Burton fooking Albion FFS.

I find it entirely reasonable that, at that point in time, the owners would be looking at the possibility of replacing NFP, but I very much hope that the last 5 weeks have changed their mind.

It is now pretty clear how the squad is developing and that is very encouraging, but could you say the same back at the end of august with poor results and disgruntled players hanging around like a bad smell?

Also remember what happened when Sven was sacked? They clearly had no one lined up.

If any kind of meetings between representatives has happened, it's probably just the club trying to learn from last season's mistakes; ensuring that the "feelers" have already been put out there, in case they "have" to sack Pearson.

I imagine most Clubs maintain a discreet level of contact with available managers throughout most seasons. It just makes sense.

I'm not pro-mid-season-sackings though, and I think even if we don't sustain this good run of form and results (which we won't) we should give Pearson the time. I think we'll be in the playoffs come May.

Good stuff .. I read Redknapp's bits in a strong cockney accent, anyone else do that ha?

Yes - whenever I read a quote from anyone I'm familiar with as a celeb, I always use their voice in my head. It's weird when you stop to think about it.

Yes - whenever I read a quote from anyone I'm familiar with as a celeb, I always use their voice in my head. It's weird when you stop to think about it.

I think it's natural. You are so used to their voice that it just happens automatically.

Archived