Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Bristol City Player Ratings.

Kasper 6 - not a save to make, assured when collecting crosses.

Moore 7 - very solid.

Konch 6 - did ok, supported attack well.

Morgan 7 - complete beast.

SSL 7 - looks good with big Wes. Playing well until injury.

Dyer 6 - seemed scared to commit but gave their full backs a problem.

Knockaert 7 - such a gem. So creative and gives us a great edge.

King 8 - just fantastic. Great work for the second, did a job supporting the attack and defending.

Drinkwater 8 - ram the game for us and got stuck in. Plays the deep lying role brilliantly.

Vardy 6 - fantastic work rate but a bit of inexperience shown today. Looked scared to shoot.

Nuge 7 - great finish for his goal and his pressure lead to the second. Fontaine struggled badly against him.

RDL 6 - did ok. Just a standard performance.

Marshall 5 - needs a goal. Didn't offer too much and was very greedy again.

Whitbread 6 - nice to see him get on. Likes to play and gets well stuck in.

I'm with Bert in as much as I thought we were solid across the board with perhaps King / Drinky as a pair meriting an 8. Want to make a mention for ZW when he came on and played with a right-back outside him..... I thought he looked good. Seriously commanding. What a unit he and Wes could become.

I can't be bothered to do one for the whole team, but King was man of the match for me. Quick paced passing, loads of beautiful little one twos, a fantastic assist for the second and lots of great defensive work including some great tackles too.

Just seems to be a much better all round player this season. Technically he seems to have improved no end, never thought he was a great passer before, but his short range passing was excellent today, especially as mentioned his constant quick playing one-twos which just give us so much energy through midfield.

No one can have any accusations of him being anonymous or not bossing the midfield (as they have in the past) so far this season.

Kasper 6 - not a save to make, assured when collecting crosses.

Moore 7 - very solid.

Konch 6 - did ok, supported attack well.

Morgan 7 - complete beast.

SSL 7 - looks good with big Wes. Playing well until injury.

Dyer 6 - seemed scared to commit but gave their full backs a problem.

Knockaert 7 - such a gem. So creative and gives us a great edge.

King 8 - just fantastic. Great work for the second, did a job supporting the attack and defending.

Drinkwater 8 - ram the game for us and got stuck in. Plays the deep lying role brilliantly.

Vardy 6 - fantastic work rate but a bit of inexperience shown today. Looked scared to shoot.

Nuge 7 - great finish for his goal and his pressure lead to the second. Fontaine struggled badly against him.

RDL 6 - did ok. Just a standard performance.

Marshall 5 - needs a goal. Didn't offer too much and was very greedy again.

Whitbread 6 - nice to see him get on. Likes to play and gets well stuck in.

Agree pretty much with that. Thought Marshall looked slightly better but still not quite on it.

Drinkwater MOTM for me.

Schmeichel 6 Not a great deal to do. Rushed a few kicks when we could've taken a touch and been more composed

Moore 7 Seriously impressed with him today. Stands up to wingers so well and makes it difficult for them to get passed him.

Morgan 7 Absolute rock again.

St Ledger 7 Forming a solid partnership with Morgan. Hope his hamstring injury isn't too serious.

Konchesky 7 Did well defensively and supported the attack too.

Dyer 7 Tested the goalkeeper a few times first half, faded in the second.

Drinkwater 8 Outstanding both defensively and with his forward passing too.

King 8 MOTM. Brilliant. Tireless running.

Knockaert 7 Should have bagged at least once. Still looks dangerous but tried to do too much at times.

Vardy 6 Decent assist for the goal. Looked very tired and lacking in confidence. Rest will do him good.

Nugent 7 Never stopped running. Tidy finish for his goal and did well to force their mistake for the second.

De Laet 6 Coped well enough.

Marshall 6 Didn't really get involved a great deal.

Whitbread 6 Made one very sloppy pass which could have got punished, other than that passed the ball out well from the back and looked comfortable.

Schmeichel 6 - Can't recall a proper save, better kicking though

Moore 7 - Did well against Ince, now has done well against Adomah, prefer Moore over De Laet

Morgan 8 - Domination again, such a consistent and strong performer

St Ledger 7 - Comfortable again, shame he pulled his hamstring

Konchesky 6 - Did well, nothing more to say

Knockaert 7 - Lively self, excellent in the first half, second half not as good but still decent

Drinkwater 8 - MOTM, absolutely fantastic, great midfield performance

King 7 - Works so well with Drinkwater, was all around the midfield good performance

Dyer 6 - Typical Lloyd, looks dangerous in parts but his end product just wasn't good enough

Nugent 7 - Got another goal, worked hard but seemed pretty tired towards the end of the game

Vardy 6 - Yes set up the first goal, but wasn't very good for the rest of the game, very average

De Laet 6 - Meh, got forward the best he could, defended the best he could

Marshall 6 - Tried his best, couple of good bursts but apart from that average again

Whitbread 5 - Not on long enough, one horrible header, few good one's.

Schmeichel 6 - Didn't have much to do, kicking poor.

Moore 6.5 - Did well against a good winger in Adomoah, got forward well but needs to work on crossing.

Morgan 8 - Another solid performance from Big Wes, won every ball, and a great recovery when he lost the ball to Baldock

St Ledger 7.5 - Played well but unfortunately had to go off

Whitbread 6 - Didn't do much, few good headers although two shocking passes

Konchesky 6.5 - Solid, bit quiet but got forward well

De Laet 6.5 - Didn't do much but did well

Knockaert 7 - Played well first half, didn't do much second and faded a little. Always wants the ball

Drinkwater 9 - bossed the game in the centre of the park, didn't give the ball away, constant physical presence.

King - 8.5 - Great performance, and a good assist

Dyer 7 - Few good runs but wasn't as impressive as he has been

Marshall 6.5 - Few good runs into the box

Vardy 6.5 - Some good runs, seems to scared to shoot at times, good assist for Nuge's goal

Nugent 7.5 - Good performance, a constant threat, and good finish for his goal, and managed to make the defender score an own goal too.

Kasper 6 - Decent when called upon, but still not much to do again.

Moore 7.5

Morgan 7.5 - So solid and calm.

St Ledger 8

Konchesky 6 - A few dodgy passes again, but ok.

Knockaert 7 - Always wants the ball and creative for us.

King 8 - Some good work and runs throughout.

Drinkwater 8 - Man of the match... Ran the game, again, totally.

Dyer 6

Nugent 7

Vardy 7 - Worked so hard again today. Deserved a goal, not sure why he passed the first time.

De Laet 6 - Usual performance, good to have a player to slot anywhere.

Marshall 6 - Didn't offer that much, but was ok.

Whitbread 6

Schmeichel 6 Not a great deal to do. Rushed a few kicks when we could've taken a touch and been more composed

Moore 7 Seriously impressed with him today. Stands up to wingers so well and makes it difficult for them to get passed him.

Morgan 7 Absolute rock again.

St Ledger 7 Forming a solid partnership with Morgan. Hope his hamstring injury isn't too serious.

Konchesky 7 Did well defensively and supported the attack too.

Dyer 7 Tested the goalkeeper a few times first half, faded in the second.

Drinkwater 8 Outstanding both defensively and with his forward passing too.

King 8 MOTM. Brilliant. Tireless running.

Knockaert 7 Should have bagged at least once. Still looks dangerous but tried to do too much at times.

Vardy 6 Decent assist for the goal. Looked very tired and lacking in confidence. Rest will do him good.

Nugent 7 Never stopped running. Tidy finish for his goal and did well to force their mistake for the second.

De Laet 6 Coped well enough.

Marshall 6 Didn't really get involved a great deal.

Whitbread 6 Made one very sloppy pass which could have got punished, other than that passed the ball out well from the back and looked comfortable.

Totally agree with this. Unusual in itself. Would have worded it exactly the same, with a slightly bigger plus for ZW looking so potentially exciting.

I think today we were slightly below par but definitely not complaining, but today wasn't a blockbuster by any means.

Kasper - 6 - Spectator again.

Moore - 6 - Did OK today but -1 as Adomah got a dangerous cross in multiple times when Moore was marking him.

Morgan - 7.5 - Beast.

SSL - 7 - Solid.

Konch - 7

Knockaert - 7 - Tried to do too much at times but still a very good game.

Drinkwater - 9 MOTM - Dynamo in the midfield today, ran the show for me.

King - 7.5 - A little quiet but effective, better than James.

Dyer - 6.5 - Same Dyer, endless effort with little quality.

Vardy - 5.5 - Looks off his game atm, probably tired from the effort he's put in recently.

Nugent - 8 - Looked dangerous, scored and forced an OG.

Kasper - 6 had nowt to do

Moore - 7 good defender, good game

Morgan - 7 good steady game again

SSL - 6 steady until he had to go off injured

Konch - 6 as above

Dyer - 7 positive running, cant shoot but cant fault his effort

Drinky - 8 MOTM, ran the game for us

King - 7 Bright positive performance

Knocky - 7 Not his best game but what a player

Nugent - 7 Full of energy and running - good goal

Vardy - 7 again full of running and effort

SUBS

De Laet - 6 steady

Whitebread - 6 did nothing wrong

Marshall - 6 still not at his best, didnt look up and was greedy wasting one good chance

Schmeichel 6 (It's a good job he's not paid for shots saved cos he had so little to do he could have sat with me in the stand).

Moore 7 (Allowed Adomah a few too many uncontested crosses early on but, with Dyer helping restrict supply he eventually took command to have a really good game apart from the odd distributive lapse).

Morgan 8 (Blocked things and tackled fairly but with with attitude. Looked in total control).

St Ledger 7 (Teamed up well with Morgan and his injury was a blow).

Konchesky 8 (Excellent in defence and attack. Came in with two decisive headers and supported Dyer perfectly with his overlaps until the winger's role was changed. Hope there was nothing seriously wrong for himto be taken off).

Dyer 7 (A nightmare for the Bristol defence to cope with until our first goal and then posted into exile to counter the threat of Adomah. Stil got into some good positions but clearly never felt free to take people on or to shoot - just played a tactical role I guess. His early ball across the face of goal should definitely have been a tap in for someone.).

Drinkwater 7.5 (Another industriously effective game).

King 8 (Yes, I'd have him as MOTM too. Was the cement that held everything together. Why he passed instead of shooting when he had two such good cahnces I don't know. It's a fine line between being selfless and being wasteful).

Knockaert 6 (Not impressed. Started showboating in places where it didn't matter. Didn't release the ball quickly enough in central midfield and his final passes into and around the penalty box were disappointing too. Could have made so much more of the opportunities he ws involved with).

Vardy 6.75 (His assist led to our opening goal which was important. As stated by someone else he just seemed a bit weary although Dyer's rather negative deployment did nothing to help the flow of opportunities for him).

Nugent 7.5 (After so many chances had come and gone we needed his opening goal which continued his good run of form).

De Laet 6 (Nothing of note really. Just did his job).

Marshall 5 (So frustrating. Just stared a colleague in the face after he'd made a simple passing opportunity and then turned into trouble and lost possession. Time he sorted his private life and focused on playing football again cos he's slipped way down from his best).

Whitbread 3 (There are many hallmarks of a good defender with concentration, forethought and reliability being among them. Whitbread showed none of these in his short time on the pitch. I've seen him twice now - today and against Burton - and both times he didn't look good enough for Hinckley let alone us. I'm just assuming he's had the sort of start St Leger had with us and will quickly show the excellence of his true colours in games to come. You can't go giving the ball away as the last line of defence and the ability to master the cushioned header is a must for any defender. I'm reminded of his pass for the goal Kingy "created" which earned him a few marks.).

Schmeichel 7 - There when needed

Moore 8 - Strong and competitive

St Ledger 8 - Very composed

Morgan 8 - Rock

Konchesky 8 - All round good

Knockaert 8 - If just for entertainment value

Drinkwater 9 - Bossed it

King 8 - Getting more and more involved

Dyer 7 - Good but faded, cocked things up a few times later on

Nugent 8 - Bit livlier today

Vardy 7 - Competitive but sometimes missing killer instinct

De Laet 8 - Performed as required

Marshall 6 - Didn't get into it

Whitbread 7 - Good except for one almighty howler that nearly cost a goal (again)

Schmeichel 6 (It's a good job he's not paid for shots saved cos he had so little to do he could have sat with me in the stand).

Moore 7 (Allowed Adomah a few too many uncontested crosses early on but, with Dyer helping restrict supply he eventually took command to have a really good game apart from the odd distributive lapse).

Morgan 8 (Blocked things and tackled fairly but with with attitude. Looked in total control).

St Ledger 7 (Teamed up well with Morgan and his injury was a blow).

Konchesky 8 (Excellent in defencce and attack. Came in with two decisive headers and supported Dyer perfectly with his overlaps until the winger's role was changed. Hope there was nothing seriously wrong for himto be taken off).

Dyer 7 (A nightmare for the Bristol defence to cope with until our first goal and then posted into exile to counter the threat of Adomah. Stil got into some good positions but clearly never felt free to take people on or to shoot - just played a tactical role I guess. His early ball across the face of goal should definitely have been a tap in for someone.).

Drinkwater 7.5 (Another industriously effective game).

King 8 (Yes, I'd have him as MOTM too. Was the cement that held everything together. Why he passed instead of shooting when he had two such good cahnces I don't know. It's a fine line between being selfless and being wasteful).

Knockaert 7.5 (Two important defensive headers and found the energy to support Dyer while he operated on the left).

Vardy 6.75 (His assist led to our opening goal which was important. As stated by someone else he just seemed a bit weary although Dyer's rather negative deployment did nothing to help the flow of opportunities for him).

Nugent 7.5 (After so many chances had come and gone we needed his opening goal which continued his good run of form).

De Laet 6 (Nothing of note really. Just did his job).

Marshall 5 (So frustrating. Just stared a colleague in the face after he'd made a simple passing opportunity and then turned into trouble and lost possession. Time he sorted his private life and focused on playing football again cos he's slipped way down from his best).

Whitbread 0 (There are many hallmarks of a good defender with concentration, forethought and reliability being among them. Whitbread showed none of these in his short time on the pitch. I've seen him twice now - today and against Burton - and both times he didn't look good enough for Hinckley let alone us. I'm just assuming he's had the sort of start St Leger had with us and will quickly show the excellence of his true colours in games to come. You can't go giving the ball away as the last line of defence and the ability to master the cushioned header is a must for any defender.).

Totally disagree - the odd bad pass, one wayward header and everything else very comfortable. Thought he won his headers, looked composed on the ball and played some good passes down the line. Remember, it's going to take a few games for him to loose the rustiness, but all in all I thought he had a decent 30 mins.

Totally disagree - the odd bad pass, one wayward header and everything else very comfortable. Thought he won his headers, looked composed on the ball and played some good passes down the line. Remember, it's going to take a few games for him to loose the rustiness, but all in all I thought he had a decent 30 mins.

I don't have to remember anything about rustiness. Whitbread's had plenty of time to prepare himself for a match. He's been in action on the training ground with our first team squad day in day out. My match ratings relate to what he did not what he might do on another day when he's played more. Even against Burton Whitbread looked composed on the ball for much of the time. But it's the moment you lose concentration as a defender that matters. And he gifted burton a goal that night and almost gifted Bristol one today. He then miscued a cushioned header that should have done 10 yards to a colleague and retained possession and then he headed out when, again, he could have cushioned his header to a team-mate. Winning your headers is no good at all if you then give the ball away for no good reason. And all this didn't relate to the "odd" mistake or bad pass. It was close to half of his relevent action.

Agree with the 'principle' of what your saying if not all of the detail

Thought everyone had a good game today. MOTM has to go to either Morgan or Drinky. He's had his critics but I think Drinky is the man that makes us tick this season. Very much like Neil Lennon in the day. Him and Kingy seem to have a great understanding already and I can only see it getting better.

I think this team Pearson has assembled is one of the most exciting we've had since O'Neil days and its only going to get better. We're absolutely flying and long may it continue. UP THE CITY!!

Good to see the two centre-mids as our standout players, wasn't long ago that that was the weak area of our team. Nugent amongst the goals, centre mids improved, CB partnership looks strong, Knocy looks very promising. No a bad position to be in at all right now, lets hope this recent run is an indicator of Pearson's work translated onto the football pitch and the capability of our squad, not just a flash in the pan run of form.

Whitbread a 0? Come on. "Played his part in a clean sheet" (one used for kingy when not had a good game) that's just ridiculous.

I've upgraded him for the pass to Kingy. I wouldn't say whitbread contributed much to our clean sheet. Bristol offered very little in the closing stages and the nearest they came to a goal was courtesy of Whitbread.

I've upgraded him for the pass to Kingy. I wouldn't say whitbread contributed much to our clean sheet. Bristol offered very little in the closing stages and the nearest they came to a goal was courtesy of Whitbread.

If being on the pitch for 32 minutes and helping to maintain the clean sheet isn't a contribution then I don't know what is.

Archived