Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Safe Standing - Support the Early Day motion

What the heck, I will go there! I don't want standing back and this needs consigning to the history books permanently. 

I stood on the Kop at Filbert Street I got bashed about, knocked to the floor (I am not a small man) and seen lunatics use the mass ranks to give Police and Stewards a kicking. I go to the game to watch the match and support the team, not to go back to the Victorian age.

Seating has been a blessing and I want to see them remain.

So you used to stand on the kop but did not like it.

Did you not have the brains to then go in a seated area.

I can't stand rap music would I pay to see a rap band hmmm NO.

• Like 3

So you used to stand on the kop but did not like it.

Did you not have the brains to then go in a seated area.

I can't stand rap music would I pay to see a rap band hmmm NO.

Such lazy arguments are made by people who are against rail seating it's so frustrating. Modern standing areas are NOTHING like old open terraces, making comparisons is like saying you don't think modern cars are safe becasue your 1950s mini didn't have seat belts. 

• Like 4

What law?

It's really legislation.  The lifting of the current legislation lies with the government.  I can't see the government wanting to change anything.  In scotland they didn't need this to implement safe standing areas.

We need a referendum.

lol  Knowing my luck I'd lose out on that as well.

Safe standing will be used for the first time at our friendly against Wolfsburg this Saturday. The demand for spaces has been unreal and as long as nothing ridiculous happens this season then it could be installed in another area of the ground as well as being introduced by other clubs across the country.

The Green Brigade worked with the club for around 5 years to make this happen and wanted to have full control over the standing section. Celtic didn't want to give full control so have given them the front 1000 spaces and the remaining 1600 spaces behind were given to fans who already had tickets in that area, with the remaining spaces going into a ballot. The actions of the GB have been well documented over the years however after the amount of work they have put in I can't see them doing anything to jeopardise it. They operate like the groups you see abroad and have complete control over who is in their section, what banners or flags are allowed to be displayed, what songs/chants are sung etc and I imagine they will use that control to keep everyone in line!

The section is at the same end of the ground as the away end, in the opposite corner. Sales for the game against you guys are really low at the moment most likely due to us having games on Saturday then Wednesday which are both free to season ticket holders so the standing section is unlikely to be full.

Edited by hoopsGlasgow
  • Like 1

Safe standing will be used for the first time at our friendly against Wolfsburg this Saturday. The demand for spaces has been unreal and as long as nothing ridiculous happens this season then it could be installed in another area of the ground as well as being introduced by other clubs across the country.

The Green Brigade worked with the club for around 5 years to make this happen and wanted to have full control over the standing section. Celtic didn't want to give full control so have given them the front 1000 spaces and the remaining 1600 spaces behind were given to fans who already had tickets in that area, with the remaining spaces going into a ballot. The actions of the GB have been well documented over the years however after the amount of work they have put in I can't see them doing anything to jeopardise it. They operate like the groups you see abroad and have complete control over who is in their section, what banners or flags are allowed to be displayed, what songs/chants are sung etc and I imagine they will use that control to keep everyone in line!

The section is at the same end of the ground as the away end, in the opposite corner. Sales for the game against you guys are really low at the moment most likely due to us having games on Saturday then Wednesday which are both free to season ticket holders so the standing section is unlikely to be full.

Just hope they don't try and pyro the fvck out of it until it's been given the green light down here!

Just hope they don't try and pyro the fvck out of it until it's been given the green light down here!

I wouldn't worry about that at all. The GB have never set off pyro at home as they know the consequences not to mention the array of cameras that film their every move. Only time it has happened was when a few bangers were set off in their section during a CL qualifier. They were furious at someone doing that in the area they control and they dealt with it at the time.

Edited by hoopsGlasgow

Just look at how overboard our club go to stop fans going on the pitch compared to other clubs. They've actually had a lucky escape for every major event over the last 4 seasons, as all have happened away from home. We'll be the last to implement, if ever

Hopefully in the next five years Union FS will have a relationship like that with our club. With more members and we could be the first few English clubs to get a standing section like Celtic. As I think union FS already have a good relationship with the club!

Guest CityFan 06

Hopefully in the next five years Union FS will have a relationship like that with our club. With more members and we could be the first few English clubs to get a standing section like Celtic. As I think union FS already have a good relationship with the club!

Good post there and I think you're on to something.

Since UFS's arrival in 2013, I've noticed this is the most relaxed the club have been in terms of atmosphere, that I can remember. They've allowed a second drum into the stadium, three giant flags, flags at the back of the Kop, club & fan group Tifo's.

Their engagement with Union FS seems very strong indeed, and hopefully that continues because that bond between both parties is highly important. As the club seem to be working well with Union FS, I can see the potential for safe standing in the future.

Edited by LeiFosse 06

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3703216/Premier-League-chiefs-open-safe-standing-proposals-Manchester-United-clubs-favour-move.html

Gaining more and more momentum. If this affects you, either becasue you want to stand or you have to stand becasue others around you are, then now is the time to write to the club and your MP and call on them to take action. 

Guest CityFan 06
4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3703216/Premier-League-chiefs-open-safe-standing-proposals-Manchester-United-clubs-favour-move.html

Gaining more and more momentum. If this affects you, either becasue you want to stand or you have to stand becasue others around you are, then now is the time to write to the club and your MP and call on them to take action. 

Seems to be really making progress considering there's been a meeting from all 20 Premier League clubs about safe standing. Is it where you can only have one area of safe standing, or can you have several areas in one stadium? Because I'd say SK1 & L1 would be good areas to have it.

L would never become safe standing. The only place they'd ever do it is in the KOP. 

I reckon all clubs would put the standing section at the opposite end to where the away fans are. Try and save trouble and all that. Not that it bothers me at all being next to the away fans. I just no some people would get upset not being next to the away fans for some reason.

51 minutes ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

Seems to be really making progress considering there's been a meeting from all 20 Premier League clubs about safe standing. Is it where you can only have one area of safe standing, or can you have several areas in one stadium? Because I'd say SK1 & L1 would be good areas to have it.

That's the way it should be in my opinion, the main singing section of a ground should be behind the 'home' goal. One of the issues to overcome and another reason why putting it in L1 would be difficult is the fact that seated areas next to rail seating areas might result in people not being able to see. The easiest way is putting rail seating in the corner of a ground, in line with the by line and touch line, that way no one's view gets blocked. 

Guest CityFan 06
19 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

That's the way it should be in my opinion, the main singing section of a ground should be behind the 'home' goal. One of the issues to overcome and another reason why putting it in L1 would be difficult is the fact that seated areas next to rail seating areas might result in people not being able to see. The easiest way is putting rail seating in the corner of a ground, in line with the by line and touch line, that way no one's view gets blocked. 

Yep very much agree. It'd certainly be nice for the atmosphere to come from the 'home stand' meaning in our case the Kop. It's definitely getting there and UFS have made a great difference.

Safe Standing would take it to the next level in the Kop without a shadow of a doubt, however not everyone will want to stand.

1 hour ago, LeiFosse 06 said:

It's not a meeting from all Premier league clubs just fan representitives from those clubs.   It's great that Mr Scudamore is a little more open about it than before, a long way to go but Celtic introducing it will help a lot.  Well done to the hoops.