Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Safe Standing - Support the Early Day motion

4 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

It's difficult to know where they would put it, if it ever were installed at the King Power. Due to a recognised section of singing in SK1 with Union FS, I'd imagine it would be there. 

To be fair L1 has been the 'singing section' for 14 years, but I can't see them putting rail seating next to the away fans. 

Guest CityFan 06
36 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

To be fair L1 has been the 'singing section' for 14 years, but I can't see them putting rail seating next to the away fans. 

That's just it, originally I thought it would be L1 due to the amount that are standing there, but like you said, it would mean them having to put rail seating next to the away supporters.

13 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

I wouldn't worry about it.

Our club is one of the few who have shown no interest in the movement over the years.

Barclay was interested and had his photo taken with the Legalise Safestanding banner and Susan Wheelan went to that semimar off her own back so I don't think 'no interest' is quite right.

We're not exactly leading the charge but we're not doing too badly.

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Gaining more momentum, Brighton the latest club to look into their options: 

http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/brighton-hove-albion-paul-barber-3349610.aspx

Great to read but the problem has never been with the clubs, the quote from the club:-

but it's important for fans to remember that the club can only fully consider such a move if the government changes legislation.

Therein lies the problem.

I've just been thinking about how much better it would be to visit away grounds and actually be confronted with an atmosphere... 

If we do it, would be amazing to have the whole corner of SK1.

As an aside, us supporters of the safe standing movement really have to take our hats off to the Green Brigade- I can't stand Celtic, but that corner of their ground is bouncing every minute of every game, and there have been no reports of related trouble. Exemplary so far, really demonstrating the point.

• Like 1

Guest CityFan 06
26 minutes ago, Ted Maul said:

I've just been thinking about how much better it would be to visit away grounds and actually be confronted with an atmosphere... 

If we do it, would be amazing to have the whole corner of SK1.

As an aside, us supporters of the safe standing movement really have to take our hats off to the Green Brigade- I can't stand Celtic, but that corner of their ground is bouncing every minute of every game, and there have been no reports of related trouble. Exemplary so far, really demonstrating the point.

Yep, very good post. Also agree, it'd be superb if we had a whole corner of SK1 with Safe Standing. But I suppose the issue for the club, is that there is a large portion of sitters in  SK1/Kop so it's how fans around that area would take to it. For instance if people are standing in front, will they be blocking someone behind them etc...

3 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

Yep, very good post. Also agree, it'd be superb if we had a whole corner of SK1 with Safe Standing. But I suppose the issue for the club, is that there is a large portion of sitters in  SK1/Kop so it's how fans around that area would take to it. For instance if people are standing in front, will they be blocking someone behind them etc...

You wouldn't get a choice in the safe standing section. The seats would be locked up.

People who wanted to sit would just have to move.

The front section of the safe standing area at Celtic Park had sitters and they moved if they wanted to sit. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CityFan 06 said:

I'm sure they would be able to position it so it wouldn't affect peoples' views. As for the people who want to sit who would fall within that area, I reckon there would be enough demand for the standing section for them to be relocated fairly easily.

52 minutes ago, The soup nazi said:

Front rows please 

This, again English fans buck the trend of the footballing world by traditionally having their vocal standing fans at the back of the stand, whereas almost every single other footballing culture in the world have their singing section front and centre. 

7 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This, again English fans buck the trend of the footballing world by traditionally having their vocal standing fans at the back of the stand, whereas almost every single other footballing culture in the world have their singing section front and centre. 

well it's nothing new the back of the kop at Filbo always made the noise.

Guest CityFan 06

This is what I said about the front rows... when Union FS were established in 2013 it would've been great if they positioned themselves at the front of the Kop as opposed to the back, but I can only assume at the time it was easier to get at the back as there were probably more empty seats.

42 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Really?

How can we have a standing group at the front of a shit load of people who sit down? 

There would be a bit of a gap. Google St Pauli's ground, that has standing below seating.

Pretty sure with the gradient of our stadium the bottom third would be the only place we could have rail seats. 

Edited by AndWhat?