Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Safe Standing - Support the Early Day motion

Sod that.

I like my view from the back row, It needs a few blocks all standing, not half and half.

Ideally you'd have the whole end safe standing. But assuming only small areas will initially be introduced, I don't see how you could introduce it in one block and not the one next to it... Surely the standers would block the view of those sitting when the ball is on their side of the pitch?

EDIT: not a structural engineer but I imagine if you wanted to introduce 1.5-1.8 people per current seating area we'd have to strengthen the suspension considerably... I would guess that would be easier to do lower down in the stand which means it's either view or atmosphere for bayfox ;)

Edited by C-man

Ideally you'd have the whole end safe standing. But assuming only small areas will initially be introduced, I don't see how you could introduce it in one block and not the one next to it... Surely the standers would block the view of those sitting when the ball is on their side of the pitch?

EDIT: not a structural engineer but I imagine if you wanted to introduce 1.5-1.8 people per current seating area we'd have to strengthen the suspension considerably... I would guess that would be easier to do lower down in the stand which means it's either view or atmosphere for bayfox ;)

I'll just have to keep standing at the back then  :ph34r:

If they introduced it in sk1 1st, from front to back, I struggle to see how it would affect anyone else's view,

Did standing on the seats in SK1 impair the view for those in SK2/3/4 at Filbert St? I bow to the knowledge of those in those blocks as I was too busy standing on my seat :P

I guess at corners it would, but normally ends stand at that point anyway.

Edited by Bayfox

I'll just have to keep standing at the back then :ph34r:

If they introduced it in sk1 1st, from front to back, I struggle to see how it would affect anyone else's view,

Did standing on the seats in SK1 impair the view for those in SK2/3/4 at Filbert St? I bow to the knowledge of those in those blocks as I was too busy standing on my seat :P

I guess at corners it would, but normally ends stand at that point anyway.

Depends how far round it went but my thoughts were because or ground is bowl shaped, there'll always be some people in G1 who were blocked. Having said that, if it went from level with byline (G1) round to in line with touchline (SK1) that would surely work?

Good vid from Copa90 here:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bKX2AWhl7X0

"But a support group for families who lost loved ones in the Hillsborough disaster said it would never change its view that standing is dangerous."

**** off! Leaving extra gates open, letting too many fans in to the ground, incompetent policing, 7ft palisade fences are dangerous. Not people who stand at the football.

It's a bit of a stupid argument on their part - in my eyes - as it flies in the face of all the campaigning they've been successful in doing by exposing the true reasons behind the disaster.

Guest CityFan 06

This might sound a really obvious question, but say people want to stand but the row behind want to sit, how does this work with Safe Standing? Surely this restricts their view just as the same with seating? Or is it different. 

On the good point raised earlier about the club being able to (more easily) make people sit down in other areas of the ground if we had a designated standing area. I wonder how many people we have that regularly attend home games that would rather stand than sit? I say rather because I'm sure we have some that don't really mind and wouldn't bother moving to accommodate one or the other.

This might sound a really obvious question, but say people want to stand but the row behind want to sit, how does this work with Safe Standing? Surely this restricts their view just as the same with seating? Or is it different. 

The seats get locked up so you have to stand in the standing section.

This video explains it all mate

Edited by AndWhat?

Guest CityFan 06

The seats get locked up so you have to stand in the standing section.

This video explains it all mate

Many thanks for that video, does make it clearer now  :thumbup:

Edited by LeicsFox06

On the good point raised earlier about the club being able to (more easily) make people sit down in other areas of the ground if we had a designated standing area. I wonder how many people we have that regularly attend home games that would rather stand than sit? I say rather because I'm sure we have some that don't really mind and wouldn't bother moving to accommodate one or the other.

Yeah I sit with my old man but I much prefer standing at games. Sure there's many more like me as well.

My dad sits when he watches games in England because he has bad knees, but when I took him to Hannover I got Safe Standing tickets because I wanted him to experience proper German football. He managed to stand all game with no problem at all because he had the barrier in front to lean on and behind to lean on and his knees were absolutely fine. 

I bet there's hundreds of people the same 

Edited by AndWhat?

• 3 months later...
Guest CityFan 06

I'm in the Kop myself in the lower seated areas of SK1. Although people do join in and clap/sing along to Union FS songs, if the whole of the Kop/SK1 stood, the atmosphere would be incredible.

I have to sit during home games because obviously I'm weary of others behind me. But, without doubt there are times where I'd like to stand for the match. I and others around me do stand at times - corners, free kicks, penalties etc.

lol

I don't get this fascination with wanting to stand

I guess if you're into singing and jumping up and down etc it's easier to do it standing.

If the game is an exciting one with end to end goalmouth incidents you could spend a lot of time out of your seat. Of course we've had so many years of gloomy football maybe we've all got used to sitting there with an air of expectation of boring football.

I guess if you're into singing and jumping up and down etc it's easier to do it standing.

If the game is an exciting one with end to end goalmouth incidents you could spend a lot of time out of your seat. Of course we've had so many years of gloomy football maybe we've all got used to sitting there with an air of expectation of boring football.

I think I'm just lazy!!! True say about the gloomy football and ugly women at matches

Seriously

Yes