Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Safe Standing - Support the Early Day motion

2 hours ago, LCFC FOX said:

Don't expect safe standing areas in Premier League stadiums any time soon. Government & PL have no current plans to change. #SSNHQ

I keep saying it.  The government won't change anything.  The premiership is a massive success all across the world and they will be scared to change anything.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I keep saying it.  The government won't change anything.  The premiership is a massive success all across the world and they will be scared to change anything.

Don't I just know it.

I'm all in favour of keeping expectations in check, but I swear every time I see you post in this thread you are being negative about it. I'm not having a go,(I imagine you are as passionate about this as many others in the thread) but your pessimistic attitude/posts aren't helping. 

How long did it take the green brigade to get their standing section? 3 years? (I think I read that somewhere, could be wrong) Different circumstances and all I know, but if people are visiting and reading negative posts about this it won't help.

Edited by ajthefox
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Don't I just know it.

I'm all in favour of keeping expectations in check, but I swear every time I see you post in this thread you are being negative about it. I'm not having a go,(I imagine you are as passionate about this as many others in the thread) but your pessimistic attitude/posts aren't helping. 

How long did it take the green brigade to get their standing section? 3 years? (I think I read that somewhere, could be wrong) Different circumstances and all I know, but if people are visiting and reading negative posts about this it won't help.

Is this no longer a forum where people can come to voice an opinion. Or do we have to write what we are told.

31 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

...and people don't agree. The fact we've seen things move forward means some aren't so pessimistic.

Would you care to explain what has moved forward. I don't see our parliament or our prem pushing this forward. Scotland is a whole different ball game. Yes an example we can use but it's by no means a leaver to get this passed here.

13 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Even if the government allow safe standing the prem will still need to change the rules to allow it. Just as it is not allowed in eufa and FIFA competitions'.

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

Would you care to explain what has moved forward. I don't see our parliament or our prem pushing this forward. Scotland is a whole different ball game. Yes an example we can use but it's by no means a leaver to get this passed here.

The Conservatives proposed that the issue be debated in the Welsh parliament. The Lib Dems did (a while back now) say positive things about it, I think one of their MPs in Bristol may have even made it part of his platform. The Adam Smith Institute declared their support for it. Most Football League clubs said they backed exploring the matter when asked. There's also reason to hope that one of our biggest obstacles, the Hillsborough Families Support Group, may become a quieter voice now that they're beginning to achieve their goals.

This is not the situation we were in five years ago. I also don't see how you can dismiss the developments at Celtic, the evidence is even harder for the authorities to ignore now that's it's sitting on our doorstep.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, yorkie1999 said:

Why don't fans just come up with a chant, i'm sure the government would soon get the message if they're getting abuse live on sky every week. 

You mean something like.

We want to stand up.

We want to stand up.

Fvck you in Westminster.

We want to stand up.

4 minutes ago, Harry - LCFC said:

The Conservatives proposed that the issue be debated in the Welsh parliament. The Lib Dems did (a while back now) say positive things about it, I think one of their MPs in Bristol may have even made it part of his platform. The Adam Smith Institute declared their support for it. Most Football League clubs said they backed exploring the matter when asked. There's also reason to hope that one of our biggest obstacles, the Hillsborough Families Support Group, may become a quieter voice now that they're beginning to achieve their goals.

This is not the situation we were in five years ago. I also don't see how you can dismiss the developments at Celtic, the evidence is even harder for the authorities to ignore now that's it's sitting on our doorstep.

Who is dismissing Celtic we can use it as evidence but not a leaver. A few reasons why bashing the Celtic drum won't help. The scots ge free prescriptions we don't. Free dental care we don't. No uni fees guess what?

They may not have devolution but still have a better say than we do. Before you ask I am all for it i loved standing. And standing was not the cause of Hillsborough. The fvckung inept moron running the police operation was.

25 minutes ago, Mortified Penguin said:

I'm positive this has been posted up in this thread, but for people that don't wish to trawl through the pages to find it, this is worth a watch

I think everyone who doesn't count, ie us.. the fans, are fully aware of what rail seating actually is. The problem is the people who are in control of our laws and rules are either blinkered, can't be arsed or don't want to rock the boat. I'm sure if there was a research fund into rail seating, every academic institution would soon sign up because that's what they do, free funding for sitting on their arses. What it needs is high profile players to get behind it, players such as  Beckham and Rooney.

5 hours ago, sylofox said:

Is this no longer a forum where people can come to voice an opinion. Or do we have to write what we are told.

Give over, that's quite clearly not what I implied and you know it.

Everyone is obviously entitled to their opinion, and I would encourage people who aren't sure about standing or don't want to engage in discourse because we will get nowhere without it. 

But repeatedly saying "it won't happen" isn't just not beneficial, it's actually detrimental. It encourages negativity, and that is exactly what we don't need. 

As I said before, I'm not having a go and I'm not being a shouty keyboard warrior. I'm just saying that negative and dismissive posts, particularly of a repetitive nature aren't going to help.

Edited by ajthefox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, ajthefox said:

Give over, that's quite clearly not what I implied and you know it.

Everyone is obviously entitled to their opinion, and I would encourage people who aren't sure about standing or don't want to engage in discourse because we will get nowhere without it. 

But repeatedly saying "it won't happen" isn't just not beneficial, it's actually detrimental. It encourages negativity, and that is exactly what we don't need. 

As I said before, I'm not having a go and I'm not being a shouty keyboard warrior. I'm just saying that negative and dismissive posts, particularly of a repetitive nature aren't going to help.

you can dress up what you said however. What you ment may be different. You put it don't come on here putting this down else people will take that as that is what you want. What you replied to was a personal feeling that it won't happen.

I don't feel this will happen for years don't mean I do not want it.

I will also say again the Celtic thing has fvck all to do with our prem. It means no more than German clubs allow safe standing.

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

It seems like the clubs don't really have an appetite for it?

If they did, then I think it will happen

There's is a growing appetite for it and more and more clubs keep coming out publicly in favour of it. Think the Hillsborough verdicts have a lot to do with that.

• Like 1

what I would like to see is a truthfull age of people on here. It would be nice to see how many that are fighting it have stood in the pens. When it was standing and when it was nasty. As much as I want standing I am not sure some realise how bad it was.

4 minutes ago, sylofox said:

what I would like to see is a truthfull age of people on here. It would be nice to see how many that are fighting it have stood in the pens. When it was standing and when it was nasty. As much as I want standing I am not sure some realise how bad it was.

I'm 27 and have stood on open terraces in this country and abroad.

Not sure what relevance that has though as what people are fighting for is a completely different proposition to that?

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I'm 27 and have stood on open terraces in this country and abroad.

Not sure what relevance that has though as what people are fighting for is a completely different proposition to that?

Yes you are right the problem is government need to be 100% sure we are not going to take a step back. I can remember games where you listened to people talking around you. So you knew they were from Leicester. Getting crushed against barriers when we scored.

Yes it was great but Hilsborough could have happened 100 times over.

25 minutes ago, sylofox said:

A more relavent question to ask people who are opposed to it is if they've ever stood on a modern rail seating terrace. I suspect a lot of the time the answer would be no.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

A more relavent question to ask people who are opposed to it is if they've ever stood on a modern rail seating terrace. I suspect a lot of the time the answer would be no.

I understand what you are saying. But I am not opposed I would rather be in pen 2 as it was. What I am saying is I can see why standing is not wanted. And like others can see this won't happen soon. Not sure i have seen an anti post on here. But people saying it won't happen soon.

some need to understand an anti and someone with a point of view.

• 2 weeks later...