Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Safe Standing - Support the Early Day motion

Guest CityFan 06
5 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

It's not a meeting from all Premier league clubs just fan representitives from those clubs.   It's great that Mr Scudamore is a little more open about it than before, a long way to go but Celtic introducing it will help a lot.  Well done to the hoops.

Oh yeah, apologies must of mis-read it. I've thought for a long while now that once a few clubs start to install Safe Standing in England, it will start to filter through to other leagues and we could potentially see many clubs in future years have Safe Standing. 

Hard to judge really, it was only half full, the half being the lower part where the green brigade are.

They out sang us and bounced all game, even straight after Mahrez scored.

Whether their ultras were always like that before the rail seating I couldn't say as I have never been, but I get the impression they were so for atmosphere in that section I doubt it's changed a lot. Proper loud group.

Oh and their drummer, drums constantly all game, never stops. 

Guest CityFan 06
3 minutes ago, Bristol fox .... said:

I have to say that celtics poznan was sensational. 

It certainly was, today. Not content that we still do the Poznan at home games, I like how we bounce after goals just not facing backwards.  :unsure:

Edited by LeiFosse 06

6 minutes ago, Bristol fox .... said:

I have to say that celtics poznan was sensational. 

Also their rendition of 'just can't get enough' after they scored. Very very loud.

Applauded Mahrez all around the ground when he came off, nice to see. Quite a few Scots in our end too, 3 near me were from Edinburgh, all friendly folk really.

Don't know where else to put this but the wavers in the green boys standing sections looked far too much. Don't get how having so many of them wouldn't seriously impede your view and surely you go to watch the game as much as sing and bounce..

• 3 weeks later...

A new report published by the free-market think tank the Adam Smith Institute is calling on the Government to repeal the ban on standing areas in top flight football.

The report urges the Minister for Sport, Tracey Crouch, to intervene and lift the ban - a ministerial act that requires no additional legislation - so that clubs can convert all-seated areas into safe standing zones.

Like many surveys and reports before it, the Adam Smith Institute research shows that safe standing is immensely popular amongst football fans.  

Ben Southwood, Head of Research at the Adam Smith Institute, said: "The standing ban is an anachronism: clubs across Europe have rail seating sections with no incident, creating superior atmosphere and allowing for a cheaper tier of tickets. Just look at Dortmund’s üdtribüne!

"Unlike the adversarial attitude police, club organisations and fans had during the dark days of the 80s, we now know how to manage large crowds well.

"The ban doesn’t fit. Tracey Crouch doesn’t need to pass a law, she has the power to simply undo the prohibition on safe standing—and she should."

Their research also argues that safe standing areas would allow some clubs to lower ticket prices, increase capacities and offer more "stretch" pricing.

The FSF's safe standing campaign co-ordinator, Peter Daykin, welcomed the research from the Adam Smith Institute. 

"It’s pleasing to see yet more solid research supporting the case for safe standing." he said. "It shows once more that lifting the ban on standing areas in England and Wales would be immensely popular.

"We fully support the Adam Smith Institute’s call for the Sports Minister to lift the ban on standing areas in the Premier League and Championship – allowing clubs to give football fans what they want and convert existing all-seated areas into safe standing zones, if they wish.

"The debate continues to move on, as Celtic have shown what’s possible. The legislation is falling behind the rest of the country and we’d urge the Government to consider the Adam Smith Institute’s report carefully."

Celtic were able to install rail seats at Celtic Park as stadium safety powers are devolved to Scotland - so the local safety group was free to give the go-ahead, unlike in England and Wales.

Leader of the Welsh Conservatives Andrew RT Davies has been campaigning for similar powers to be given to the Welsh Assembly, which would pave the way for a safe standing trial in Wales.

"We would love to see a limited pilot at grounds here in Wales," Davies said. "Now we have an opportunity to address this discriminatory ruling which sees football fans treated in a way that fans of other sports are not."

Davies is once again calling on Westminster to hold a pilot in Wales to assess safe standing more closely. 

- See more at: http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/adam-smith-institute-urge-government-to-lift-standing-ban#sthash.beN7cfZc.dpuf

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/adam-smith-institute-urge-government-to-lift-standing-ban

• Like 1

On 7/24/2016 at 18:35, Sammy said:

Don't know where else to put this but the wavers in the green boys standing sections looked far too much. Don't get how having so many of them wouldn't seriously impede your view and surely you go to watch the game as much as sing and bounce..

I guess if you're in that section you know what to expect? Been on terraces abroad full of flags and if you want the clearest view of the patch you just go to the back.

2 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

I guess if you're in that section you know what to expect? Been on terraces abroad full of flags and if you want the clearest view of the patch you just go to the back.

that's a bit harsh, our groundsman produces works of art.:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Hopefully in the meeting the fans have with the club they can push Susan Whelan to getting it started too. No doubt we'd be the last club to do it mind.

If Leicester was to do it where would the standing section be? The KOP? Or just a section like SK1

It's been brought up before and I seem to recall SW is pretty on board with it, she attended a workshop a couple of years ago I think, she wasn't there 'officially' but you could spot her in the photos. 

No idea where they'd put it, obviously they'd need to make sure standers didn't block the view of sitters, so that leads you to think it would need to be in a corner of the ground and the SK1/G1 corner is the only one that would make sense in that respect. 

What I'd give though from them to rip out the seats behind the goal and go all standing in the South Stand  lol 

• Like 1

Guest CityFan 06

It's difficult to know where they would put it, if it ever were installed at the King Power. Due to a recognised section of singing in SK1 with Union FS, I'd imagine it would be there.