Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
purpleronnie

Safe Standing - Support the Early Day motion

I just had a thought, when the seats are out for europeans games, do they move the rails, or will people just have to stare at a rail all game if they are sitting?

Rails stay there but they are designed so when  you are sitting they aren't in your way. 

Not that anybody who has a seat in a normal standing section would sit when it's a European game anyway.....

I just had a thought, when the seats are out for europeans games, do they move the rails, or will people just have to stare at a rail all game if they are sitting?

My understanding is that the rails are a permanent fixture. When standing, you lean on the rail in front (bottom step on the picture above) and when seated, the ground staff have a key that unlocks the seat to fold down. You then 'sit' on the higher step and look over the rail in front. I think. Unless you're a dwarf and then maybe the rail is in view lol

If they where to make the whole Kop safe standing how much would it hold roughly? and how much does it hold with seating 7k?

Safe standing sections are designed to hold 1.5 people to every 1 seat. But if we were ever to get Safe Standing in the UK they surely wouldn't have more than 1 person per seat for at least a good few years first.

Safe standing sections are designed to hold 1.5 people to every 1 seat. But if we were ever to get Safe Standing in the UK they surely wouldn't have more than 1 person per seat for at least a good few years first.

so that would be quite a dramatic decrease if it was implemented in a large are like the Kop, I'm guessing they would just choose a small section of a few hundred seats to start it out and test the safety

Edited by Freesolo

we

so that would be quite a dramatic decrease if it was implemented in a large are like the Kop, I'm guessing they would just choose a small section of a few hundred seats to start it out and test the saftey

No it would increase the capacity.

If they installed 7000 rail seats, that section could hold up to 10500 people.

so the KP capacity would go from 32500 to 36000

Guest LCFC_World

Hopefully is the safe standing trial with Celtic all goes well then it will be considered here in England.  :fc:  :fc:

Hopefully is the safe standing trial with Celtic all goes well then it will be considered here in England.  :fc:  :fc:

I think the only way i could see it going badly is you get some idiots who have a ticket for the seating section but decide to sneak into the standing section and it gets overcrowded

I think the only way i could see it going badly is you get some idiots who have a ticket for the seating section but decide to sneak into the standing section and it gets overcrowded

As said above, the 1.5 is the maximum amount a club (in Germany) can sell for a safe standing section. I would guess that they would need to have about 4 people per seat for it to be dangerous. 

I have stood on Safe standing in Germany and Austria and there is more than enough room when it's full. 

EDIT: Not that I think that is even a problem. The idea that a standing section for 10000 would get 5000 people jibbing in is ridiculous. and extra 50? maybe, so what. 

Edited by AndWhat?

The whole point of safe standing is to stop people toppling over each other, it cant happen.

I'm sure a few of you here were involved in the pile-up that took place at the final whistle v Sunderland, and I'm sure there were a fair few of the same at WBA, Burnley et al.

Those are eliminated with safe standing and bars every row/two rows.

I've made up my mind.

NO to safe standing.

As said above, the 1.5 is the maximum amount a club (in Germany) can sell for a safe standing section. I would guess that they would need to have about 4 people per seat for it to be dangerous. 

I have stood on Safe standing in Germany and Austria and there is more than enough room when it's full. 

EDIT: Not that I think that is even a problem. The idea that a standing section for 10000 would get 5000 people jibbing in is ridiculous. and extra 50? maybe, so what. 

I understand this but to begin with Celtic are making enough for 2600 people, if keep leaving their seats to go to the standing area its just the reason the people against it need to say it is not safe,

On the other hand you can stand all match in the seated section anyway so it should not be a problem

People go from one seating area to another where they are standing now so it makes not a jot of difference and is down to stewarding.

There's  always people trying to bypass restrictions and rules why do you think we have all seater stadiums you'll  never stop it as it's  seemingly part of human nature and certainly nothing new.

To obtain entrace by unauthorised means.

According to no. 4 on this list, its appears to have something to do with a lady, a piece of string, some ham and a tightening sphincter. I can honestly say i've never in my entire life heard this phrase. 

"Damn it Daphney, that's the last of the bacon. We'll have to use the honey roast ham for our jibbing session this evening..."

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=jibbing

• Like 1

Can I ask what "jibbing" is?

It means to finish something where I am.

"You still texting that fine piece of real estate from last week?" "Nah man I jibbed her off".

"This game's shit shall we get off an get twatted?" "Yeh was gonna say we should jib this its a load of me arse"

It means to finish something where I am.

"You still texting that fine piece of real estate from last week?" "Nah man I jibbed her off".

"This game's shit shall we get off an get twatted?" "Yeh was gonna say we should jib this its a load of me arse"

Didn't Man U have a firm back in the day called the Inter City Jibbers? What the fook did that mean then?

• 4 months later...