Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxyJulez

Sheffield Wednesday Away

The band drown things out a lot.

If they are anything like they are when they play at Wembley it must get quite tedious for you fans, as at Wembley they only seem to have a repertoire of about 4 songs.

I was sat on the row directly in front of them for the Belgium match this summer thinking it would be a good place but by half time I had had enough. They need more songs but then I suppose the fans need to learn more to sing, catch 22 really.

Are they at every home game?

What pubs ppl going for before match? Be good to get a briar rose effort going again ;)

I'm going for a quick one in the sheffield tap (literally right next to the train station - amazing beer) and then walking into town. A lot of people on here seem to be going to Cavendish which is on west street and pretty cheap, and there is also a tram stop outside from which you can catch a tram to the ground.

Live in Sheff so meeting the lads at the station then will be going for a shift one in the (Steve) Howard, which is bang oposite the station. Then onto west street were we will most likely go to Swim Inn, Cavendish and then maybe varsity. Think a few Wednesday boys are up for one or two on the Swim Inn.

Hoping to go to this now :)

Any update on ticket availability? Paying on the door etc?

I'd like to know this too, I have since seen a reply to this saying about not knowing till tomorrow.

The person who was supposedly sorting my ticket has dropped out and since admitted not sorting the tickets - Basically he knew all along he didn't want to go/couldn't go and didn't sort anything or let me know he thought he'd just drop out last minute - If he'd bought the tickets and then dropped out it'd be a different story - His story might have been a little more believeable but to have told me he'd sorted the tickets then dropped out...well.

I really have got some shite, letdown mates. lol

Anyway if they are avaliable on the gate I might got but i'll decide on the day now I think.

Anyone think the game could be in doubt if the rain keeps up? loughborough and surrounding areas were 2m underwater today in places

Forecast for Hillsborough looks alright, little/no rain forecast until Sunday.

May be some trouble with trains though, I go to uni at Loughborough at trains were delayed by over 30 minutes yesterday because of flooding in Chesterfield and Derby, played havoc, so to anyone travelling by train, plan it wisely if there is floods around.

Numbers wise we're definitely in the top 4/5 in this league but for our numbers how loud are we? Average at best IMO, sadly. Shame as I know we can be well above average on our day.

Hopefully Saturday will be one of those days.

I pray it is...just to keep you from moaning for a while ;)

Archived