Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Is De Laet made of glass?

59 members have voted

1. 1. What is De Laet made of

• Glass
    • Straw
    • Sticks
    • A fine sugar nest
    • Asbestos

I think we look more solid with Moore at RB to be honest. We lose a bit going forward admitedly but that's more than compensated for by what we gain defensively.

RDL's apparent lack of intelligence is probably down to living in England for the last 5/6 years.

Moore didn't look comfortable at all.

Not in last night's game, I'd agree. That was a tricky game to come into as a sub, quite attritional and under a lot of pressure. But generally, when he has started, he has looked pretty good at RB in my opinion.

Gave away a penalty that could have cost us 2 points, and has only been in the squad one and a half matches. Also just as regularly crocked.

He has looked particulary strong though, Alan Young gave him MOTM against Birmingham.

While last night despite the penalty and a few hoof balls he impressed me.

Of course I prefer St Ledger, but the options we have now, have been our strongest defensive options for years, definitely better than Morrison, Hobbs and Brown even though they did well for us.

Richie is the reason why Kasper made the save last night...

He spoke to Craig Shakespeare on the touchline who informed him which side the penalty taker favours... De Laet then told Kasper and was booked for speaking to him (dont understand why, unless the Ref thought he was holding up the penatly but didnt seem that to me, hey ho) and then Kasper duely made the save.

This was a master peice of tactical genius as they knew Richie was injured and going to come off anyway so the yellow card mattered not.

Have you seen the replay, there was no way that was a penno in a million years.

He put his hands up, and the ref was giving anything as a foul all night, not surprised it was given, it was unnecessary from Whitbread, but if it had been given for us, we would all say it was a clear pen, soft, but why even give them a decision to make he was running the ball off the pitch.

We haven't conceded, because Morgan, St Ledger and Whitbread have been absolute rocks.

Our right-side of defence always looks the weakest, De Laet often get's beaten, last night on a couple of occasions he got absolutely skinned, gave a few balls away etc...

I can't fault his attacking ability, but then if he keeps doing it sooner or later he will get caught out of position, and we will concede a goal.

Defensively he is our weakest, and that's a fact.

The last goal we conceded occurred when Konch missed a chance to tackle the winger, and then stood back and allowed him to cross with no attempt to block it. He has been at fault often this season; don't see De Laet as being as vulnerable.

The last goal we conceded occurred when Konch missed a chance to tackle the winger, and then stood back and allowed him to cross with no attempt to block it. He has been at fault often this season; don't see De Laet as being as vulnerable.

As far as I'm aware he was skimmed and outpaced and there wasn't much he could do about it.

Archived