Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CityBCN

Zak Whitbread

Definitely agreed. I don't really think SSL is that good to be honest. He's probably better than a backup player, but Whitbread and Morgan are the better defenders IMO.

Disagree with this, both Morgs and Zak are basic whereas SSL is a much better footballer, proven at international level over many games.

I don't think SSL gets the credit he deserves.

It's all about opinions, but as Sir Brian Clough used to say "We disagree about something do we go and talk about it and then decide iam right!"

Whitbread's not impressed me at all. He's just far to prone to making serious mistakes and his distribution is way short of what we need, particularly with his head.

SSL and Whitbread have something in common in that they both made appalling starts to the Leicester careers by giving away needless goals.

The difference is that SSL has recovered to play consistently and constructively while Whitbread hasn't. He's made important errors in every game I've watched him play and against Palace he was no different.

But even when he wins possession he just seems careless with what he does next. He doesn't seem to give us anything from set-pieces so basically I can't see what we're gaining by using him.

Laughing hard at some of the fickle fans we have. Last week Whitbread was the life and soul of the party, this week, he's as useless at Matt Mills. Think I've seen him miss one header so far. He's played 3 games in a week, which is probably more than he's played all year, some people seem to forget this. I think he'll become a cracking defender for us - just needs time to build a partnership with Wes. Whitbread is far better than SSL.

Completely unfair and pointless to make judgements now. He's been rusty coming back from a long absence, you don't find many who slot straight back into the old routine straight away.

I'm far more inclined to trust what the Norwich fans said when they indicated genuine disappointment at his departure, and listed his strengths as things our learned fans are slamming after 3 games.

We are a complete bunch of knee-jerk instant gratification wanting pillocks.

Whitbread's not impressed me at all. He's just far to prone to making serious mistakes and his distribution is way short of what we need, particularly with his head.

SSL and Whitbread have something in common in that they both made appalling starts to the Leicester careers by giving away needless goals.

The difference is that SSL has recovered to play consistently and constructively while Whitbread hasn't. He's made important errors in every game I've watched him play and against Palace he was no different.

But even when he wins possession he just seems careless with what he does next. He doesn't seem to give us anything from set-pieces so basically I can't see what we're gaining by using him.

SSL has had over a year to improve on his poor start. Whitbread has had roughly 180 minutes. Very odd comment.

SSL has had over a year to improve on his poor start. Whitbread has had roughly 180 minutes. Very odd comment.

This, what a very odd comment. Thracian sometimes makes some good points (even though he has his obvious faves - Dyer King) but he can be very quick to write off players which is poor.

Archived