Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CityBCN

Zak Whitbread

If Refs are going to give pennos for defenders putting their hands on strikers there will be 50 pennos a game though.

Their bloke took a dive no question.

Happened right in front of me and it was deffoe a pen. A blatant shove and the ref and linesmean had no choice.

I don't get this hate on him. He looks like a better all round defender than St Ledger who I think is a liability IMO. Whitbread hasn't played properly for a while since joining us so bound to be rusty and under-confident. Give the guy a chance, 2 questionable yellow cards, admittedly a definite penalty vs Brighton and a good tackle on Sharp v Forest doesn't mean he's the 'worst centre back at the club'.

I don't get this hate on him. He looks like a better all round defender than St Ledger who I think is a liability IMO. Whitbread hasn't played properly for a while since joining us so bound to be rusty and under-confident. Give the guy a chance, 2 questionable yellow cards, admittedly a definite penalty vs Brighton and a good tackle on Sharp v Forest doesn't mean he's the 'worst centre back at the club'.

Compare St. Ledger's record to Whitbreads this season and you'll see we've been better with SSL in. Not bad for a liability.

Yeah because Vardy and Knockaert have a real influence on our defensive performance don't they?.....

Yes indeed they do. In particular Vardy selfless defending from the front which prevents the opposition settling on the ball and building attacks,

Yes indeed they do. In particular Vardy selfless defending from the front which prevents the opposition settling on the ball and building attacks,

Exactly.

Waghorn is just as much of a selfless worker as Vardy is. That's one thing you know you will always get from Waghorn, a high work rate and graft.

Compare St. Ledger's record to Whitbreads this season and you'll see we've been better with SSL in. Not bad for a liability.

Whitbread has of course played in the prem... and didnt disgrace himself... so we know he's got it in him... St Ledger hasnt made it out of the championship... although he has of course played international football..

It would be intresting to see a fully match sharp SSL and a fully match sharp Whitbread .... I have a feeling if we see that, Pearson would go for Whitbread... and if i am not mistaken, i seem to remember Pearson saying something along those lines in an interview....

SSL also has an uncanny knack of signing for a club and the manager losing his job fairly soon after!

Whitbread has of course played in the prem... and didnt disgrace himself... so we know he's got it in him... St Ledger hasnt made it out of the championship... although he has of course played international football..

It would be intresting to see a fully match sharp SSL and a fully match sharp Whitbread .... I have a feeling if we see that, Pearson would go for Whitbread... and if i am not mistaken, i seem to remember Pearson saying something along those lines in an interview....

SSL also has an uncanny knack of signing for a club and the manager losing his job fairly soon after!

I feel like that might have changed a bit by now. Think NP rates SSL quite a bit more than he did when he started, and as Bert pointed out, it will be difficult for him to ignore the divergence in our results between SSL and Whitbread starting.

Don't forget the time when he basically let Ramage walk past him to score for Palace... I don't feel safe with Whitbread at the back, especially when he is our last defender in a one v one situation. He is decent in the air, but I haven't seen anything else that suggests he is better than St Ledger.

I prefer St Ledger anyway.

Did well, I don't think he's been that bad, but I'm sure today will do him the world of good.

Spot on for me. I think he gave us such aerial strength against some seriously big units today. Their lump up front got nothing out of him. Distribution sound. I also think he might be a rock alongside Morgs this season.

Spot on for me. I think he gave us such aerial strength against some seriously big units today. Their lump up front got nothing out of him. Distribution sound. I also think he might be a rock alongside Morgs this season.

Totally agree, more game time he's getting better :thumbup:

Such a shame that a new signing has to earn support from the fans. He had no pre-season and probably came in ahead of schedule. The way some fans have reacted to him has been way over the top.

Fully agree, some were acting as if we had signed an unknown quantity.

Caught him on RL after the match. He was quite frank that his match fitness is not where it needs to be. Should be given slack and a proper chance to gain match fitness because he looked quite solid today. In the air he was supreme (again) and getting better with his distribution so could prove to be a useful CB over the medium term.

Caught him on RL after the match. He was quite frank that his match fitness is not where it needs to be. Should be given slack and a proper chance to gain match fitness because he looked quite solid today. In the air he was supreme (again) and getting better with his distribution so could prove to be a useful CB over the medium term.

Why medium term? At 28 he should be (and is) challenging for a regular CB slot. Nige got signing him spot on imo.

Archived