Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CityBCN

Zak Whitbread

Hi Guys,

I'm a foxes fan living abroad and unfortunately I dont get to watch the foxes as much I'd like.

I was wondering about the performances of Zac Whitbread. I was quite excited by his signing and was very anxious for him to get playing. Now that he has a few games under his belt, how is he playing? Is he "bossing" the defense (something Matt Mills could never do)? Do you think he is vital to the team?

I'm very interested to know!

Thanks and up the foxes!!!!

Hi Guys,

I'm a foxes fan living abroad and unfortunately I dont get to watch the foxes as much I'd like.

I was wondering about the performances of Zac Whitbread. I was quite excited by his signing and was very anxious for him to get playing. Now that he has a few games under his belt, how is he playing? Is he "bossing" the defense (something Matt Mills could never do)? Do you think he is vital to the team?

I'm very interested to know!

Thanks and up the foxes!!!!

He's getting better, Burton he looked a disgrace, Brighton he played well, great in the air but did give the pen away.

I think anyone playing alongside Morgan is probably going to look better then they are at the minute though, crap footballer but top notch defender having a great season.

Did it look a penno to you?

Seemed incredibly harsh to me at the time and from the replays.

Thought he looked decent, solid, composed, but every so often he would do something a bit daft, such as the penalty decision, it was a soft penalty, but he didn't need to make any contact or raise his hands, he shouldn't have given the officials a decision to make.

Highlights here:

http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,,23762_8192286,00.html

Hard to argue it wasn't a penalty, soft as he was running out of play, but he didn't need to make an contact.

He is as good in the air as Tunchev was, I also thought he made quite a few decent tackles-obviously he got MOTM against Birmingham, but yes; the feeling is he's a third choice centre back, however as far as third choice defenders go he's a bloody good cover for SSL or big Wes

Thought he looked decent, solid, composed, but every so often he would do something a bit daft, such as the penalty decision, it was a soft penalty, but he didn't need to make any contact or raise his hands, he shouldn't have given the officials a decision to make.

Highlights here:

http://www.skysports...8192286,00.html

Hard to argue it wasn't a penalty, soft as he was running out of play, but he didn't need to make an contact.

If Refs are going to give pennos for defenders putting their hands on strikers there will be 50 pennos a game though.

Their bloke took a dive no question.

If Refs are going to give pennos for defenders putting their hands on strikers there will be 50 pennos a game though.

Completely agree, yes he put a hand on him but by no means a shove.. For me the ref acted upon the linesman call which I thought he called wrongly.

It was an obvious shove, arm fully extended. Players usually get away with it nowadays when the ball is going out of play, but this one was too blatant.

It goes to show how footballs a game of opinion then as it's whitbread over ssl for me,

If he can stay fit him and big Wes really could be the best CB pairing in the division

Definitely agreed. I don't really think SSL is that good to be honest. He's probably better than a backup player, but Whitbread and Morgan are the better defenders IMO.

Archived