Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
CityBCN

Zak Whitbread

Meh, mixed views at the moment.

He's an absolute dominant figure in the air. However the amount of times he's headed the ball straight back to the opposition is atrocious. His decision making at times is also poor, he boots the ball or heads it needlessly when he has time to control it and attempt to pick out a pass.

We are a complete bunch of knee-jerk instant gratification wanting pillocks.

I won't have you talk about Pablo like that...

We are essentially the same bunch who wanted O'Neill out after 10 games, believed King was past it, hated Pearson for his irredeemable boring football, and who have picked this season's victims to be: Vardy, Waghorn, Konchesky, and of they play enough: James and Whitbread. I fully expect next year to have a thread entitled Schmeichel, Morgan and Nuge: Told you they were sh1t...

He's an absolute dominant figure in the air. However the amount of times he's headed the ball straight back to the opposition is atrocious. His decision making at times is also poor, he boots the ball or heads it needlessly when he has time to control it and attempt to pick out a pass.

A.K.A Mills. look for him next summer he will be the one giving your kids a ride on Skeggy beach.

Is that all of his own fault? Surely players around him should be communicating the fact that he has time and space...

Is that all of his own fault? Surely players around him should be communicating the fact that he has time and space...

Of course not. But he shouldn't have to rely on communication of other people all the time, players have eyes for a reason. Do you see Wes Morgan heading to members of the opposite team all the time? Maybe sometimes but no where near as much as Whitbread.

It'll take time to build a partnership with Wes as it did between Ledge & Wes. Problem with a lot of City fans and footy fans in general is that we expect everything to be instantaneous and these things take time.

On the other hand, I wish he'd stop heading it to the opposition too! Could well be down to nerves and trying a bit too hard. Just because he's an experiences pro it doesn't mean he's not prone to nervousness.

I'm sure the more they play together the more solid they'll become.

It'll take time to build a partnership with Wes as it did between Ledge & Wes. Problem with a lot of City fans and footy fans in general is that we expect everything to be instantaneous and these things take time.

On the other hand, I wish he'd stop heading it to the opposition too! Could well be down to nerves and trying a bit too hard. Just because he's an experiences pro it doesn't mean he's not prone to nervousness.

I'm sure the more they play together the more solid they'll become.

Spot on...

:thumbup:

We gotta give em a bit of time surely?

I still believe the team per se is too small, physically. Even Kasper isn't a particularly tall keeper.

This generally means if neither of the two centre backs clear an opposition set piece, then we're in trouble.

Looking at the size of this team, it's not surprising we're struggling to defend set pieces. Perhaps the centre backs need some help sometimes?

For all his weaknesses, didn't Pearson often drop Big Steve Howard back when defending set pieces, especially corners?

How was he highly rated... yet again directly involved in our goals against column

1st goal he was soft as hell coming out to close their player down who pulled it back for an easy goal

Don't care if he grazed the ball for that penno, he went straight through Sharp... it was rash, stupid... and obviously going to concede a penno

This isn't the first game he's a liability in either, haven't mentioned anything until now as he's been coming back from injury... but at what point is enough, enough?

He's a liability.

Guest parky0607

How was he highly rated... yet again directly involved in our goals against column

1st goal he was soft as hell coming out to close their player down who pulled it back for an easy goal

Don't care if he grazed the ball for that penno, he went straight through Sharp... it was rash, stupid... and obviously going to concede a penno

This isn't the first game he's a liability in either, haven't mentioned anything until now as he's been coming back from injury... but at what point is enough, enough?

He's a liability.

Agree with this. Another shoddy performance today. Cant wait for Ledge to get back.

Archived