Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Walsh5

New Striker

Yes.

Our inability to take chances might just cost us long term. Nugent won't get us goals week in and out, whilst Vardy will never be up to this level from what I've seen.

I don't know who is available but we aren't scoring enough and it does need to be sorted.

The annoying thing is, is that our current strikers ARE getting into the right places to get the chances. Its just the lack of cutting edge once the chances come. Every single week we think that "someone is due a hammering" but the truth of it is, is that its not going to come with our strikeforce. Its lucky for us that to cancel out our bad strikers our midfielders are chipping in at the moment to keep us where we are in the table. But this cannot and wont continue and if Nugent, Vardy or Waghorn cannot step up to the plate with some degree of consistency, then we will do very well to stay where we are in the table.

Yes.

We won't get promotion with Nugent and Vardy up front.

Vardy is too hit and miss, while the likes of Waghorn, Schlupp and Futacs aren't good enough to start and won't get 15 goals.

Unfortunately I agree with you. We won't get promotion with our current strikers.

Nugent needs someone alongside him, but Vardy will never be top class at this level.

The game was crying out for Futacs today - I really don't see why Nigel got him because he clearly doesn't rate him.

We needed a target man today. There comes a point in certain games where you need to resort to long ball and pump it into the box.

The game was crying out for Futacs today - I really don't see why Nigel got him because he clearly doesn't rate him.

We needed a target man today. There comes a point in certain games where you need to resort to long ball and pump it into the box.

The only game that would ever cry out for Fuctas would be a game of "who can get things off the highest shelf?"

No. Not really.

Signing another player, displacing someone who has done admirably in being part of the team to get to the top of the table will start to upset the apple cart... We had 2 years of that & it's that kind of thing that rankles and can cause under-performance.

Today was just one of those days - it's been a while coming, all teams have them, it wasn't really like our other previous 13 games at all.

We just need to regroup & remember nothing will be achieved without hardwork, pressing high and limiting the opposition as we have done season to date - whilst using the power of Drinky, pace of Dyer, guile of King or skills of Knocky to make chances... we only had a couple on target today.

If there's someone available like when Reading signed Jason Roberts in Jan then it would be good to add - and fire us for the final push, but I don't see the point now.

Care to elaborate as to why?

Or is it just because you think Waghorn is some kind of goal scoring machine?

You hate Waghorn a lot more than I like him I can assure you. (Similar to the poster who plus repped you in that respect).

Anyway as you asked so nicely I don't think we need another striker because, we've scored in every game, Nugent we know can score a decent number of goals, unlike most I think Vardy has started relativley well and once he has properly settled in he should do well and we've got three strikers who so far haven't been given enough time for any of us to make a judgement as to whether they're good enough and until that is the case I can't say we need any additions. Not to mention the fact that we're second so really there is no problem to fix.

Care to elaborate as to why?

Or is it just because you think Waghorn is some kind of goal scoring machine?

:worship:

To Mark_W and cc_star...

Would you really not get in a striker, do you honestly think Vardy can do a job on a regular basis because I don't. In the past couple of games we have proved, that the duo of Waghorn and Vardy don't offer clearly enough than they should do. Waghorn wasn't very good at all in the games he started, while Vardy will always give 100% but recently he has struggled, he is far too hit and miss at this level, yes he will score us goals, but I don't think he will score enough, we can't rely on just Nugent all the time, with Knockaert and King chipping in with a few here and there. It's good to see we have a goalscoring midfielder back in King, that's something we really needed at the start of the season, but now even though we are second, there are still some concerns with our strikeforce, can they be consistent, can they score on a regular basis?

I like Vardy but he is one of those players, who will do well one week and then looks out of his depth the next week. Loan strikers have helped us in the past, in the likes of Yakubu and Kamara when we got those two on loan they looked a class above, Yakubu scored goals, while Kamara had skill and pace about him.

I believe we may get top six, but actual promotion with Vardy and Nugent up front...no sorry not for me :(

It's good to see we have a goalscoring midfielder back in King, that's something we really needed at the start of the season, but now even though we are second, there are still some concerns with our strikeforce, can they be consistent, can they score on a regular basis?

So because you have concerns, the opinion of anyone else is wrong?

You're saying we have concerns over that but as I said I think the options we have upfront are good enough and my only concern is the same as it would be for any strikeforce. Just because you're concerned doesn't mean everyone else has to be. You were concerned that De Laet and Drinkwater were going to appauling this year, you claimed then that we had to get in a defensive midfielder to replace Drinkwater. You were wrong.

We could do with another forward most of the top teams in this division have 3 competent forwards we have 2.

Not even sure about that.. Vardy needs a spell in League one for me to gain some confidence and at least prove himself at a higher level.. it's just not happening for him here right now. I don't think Nugent is the right partner for him though and vice versa. We'd be better off playing Knockaert in the hole and Marshall out wide with 1 striker until Pearson can bring in a suitable partner for Nugent/Vardy.

So because you have concerns, the opinion of anyone else is wrong?

You're saying we have concerns over that but as I said I think the options we have upfront are good enough and my only concern is the same as it would be for any strikeforce. Just because you're concerned doesn't mean everyone else has to be. You were concerned that De Laet and Drinkwater were going to appauling this year, you claimed then that we had to get in a defensive midfielder to replace Drinkwater. You were wrong.

Today proved I was right on the Drinkwater front though to some extent, I said he is the kind of player who will get dominated by physical midfields and today that was the case, he got absolutely dominated that we had to turn to three in the middle instead of two.

De Laet was very good today, but in other games he hasn't been the best the jury is still out on him I think.

And to the comment saying our options are good enough...really?

You think Vardy is capable of scoring 15+ ?

Today proved I was right on the Drinkwater front though to some extent, I said he is the kind of player who will get dominated by physical midfields and today that was the case, he got absolutely dominated that we had to turn to three in the middle instead of two.

De Laet was very good today, but in other games he hasn't been the best the jury is still out on him I think.

Well at the moment he's on course for 12/13, I wouldn't be surprised to see him, when he gets used to the Championship a bit more, get a decent tally for us. To be honest I'm not even sure he needs to get 15 for us this season.

Not really there has been plenty of other sides that have tried to dominate him and failed. He had a bad game but I'm glad he did hide and kept showing for the ball. We need to get Knocky playing in the hole, always gives him and King an out ball.

Archived