Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Walsh5

New Striker

Bit of an over reaction IMO.Bristol City, I believe, have scored more goals than any other Championship side but are languishing at the foot of the table.

I think we need to concentrate on defending set pieces, and better delivery with our own.

Any of these I would be happy with. Billy sharp, Becchio, Frazer Campbell on loan we need a goal poacher someone who if we only have one chance in the game will put it in the net.

Someone like (whisper it) Beckford?

Except of course when he was here he didn't fit the team or play well, or put it in the net that often. We don't need a 'does nothing but score' player, because the TEAM we have is creating loads of chances, and recently that's worked pretty well for us. We were well off the pace today and still should (officials being better) have at least drawn.

But I do think we need a plan B so that Nuge can come off when it's not happening for him. NP, probably entirely correctly, doesn't want to play Vardy and Waghorn together, so he stays on. It might be a new player, or a new system, but we need to be able to play without Nuge from time to time...

Someone like (whisper it) Beckford?

Except of course when he was here he didn't fit the team or play well, or put it in the net that often. We don't need a 'does nothing but score' player, because the TEAM we have is creating loads of chances, and recently that's worked pretty well for us. We were well off the pace today and still should (officials being better) have at least drawn.

But I do think we need a plan B so that Nuge can come off when it's not happening for him. NP, probably entirely correctly, doesn't want to play Vardy and Waghorn together, so he stays on. It might be a new player, or a new system, but we need to be able to play without Nuge from time to time...

I have to agree with this...

:thumbup:

Yesterday we were lobbing crosses in, frankly to no-one.

Nuge and Vardy were nowhere near them.

I'm surprised big Futacs didn't make an appearance yesterday.

For all RDL's great work down the flank, the crosses came mainly to nothing. Damian Delaney incidentally was superb yesterday.

I have to agree with this...

:thumbup:

Yesterday we were lobbing crosses in, frankly to no-one.

Nuge and Vardy were nowhere near them.

I'm surprised big Futacs didn't make an appearance yesterday.

For all RDL's great work down the flank, the crosses came mainly to nothing. Damian Delaney incidentally was superb yesterday.

This massively mate sometimes you need that presence!

• 2 weeks later...

I think this will come back to bite us on the arse.

I think people are fooling themselves a little.

Waggy's all round game is pretty strong IMO but he won't score enough.

Futacs is tall, but looks like a plank.

Vardy, I like... However, I'm not sure he's gonna score that many at this level.

Beckford.... His all round game is pants.

I simply feel we only have Nuge who's gonna score enough goals. This was made absolutely clear in the goal scoring stats of both last season, and now this.

To get promotion this season we gotta find another source of goals from somewhere.

Can't agree more with col we just haven't any cutting edge up front

Waggy gives 100% but that's it no end product

Vardy is the same ....futac looks las though every time he gets the ball, he wil trip over his own legs .

And I'm afraid mr Nugent is just mr average

I reckon king will be out top scorer this year with about 12 goals

While I acknowledge we look a bit toothless up front compared to the rest of the team, last night should have served as a reminder that it's not as easy as just listing a load of names and teeing up an inevitable promotion. Bolton's midfield looks fantastic on paper - Lee Chung-Yong, Mark Davies, Darren Pratley, Keith Andrews, Chris Eagles. Wasn't impressed in the slightest.

Jamie Mackie doesn't play much at QPR, must be frustrating for him....

After saying we should stick with what we've got I am starting to have my doubts about our forward line. I'd leave the situation until January but if it hasn't improved by then then I feel we have to bring someone in

EDIT: Plays more than I thought actually, would still like him here though

I'm gutted we didn't look at getting Jay Bothroyd.

The blokes a cunt, but he's a good player, did a great job at Cardiff I always thought.

Just looked at his record at Sheff Wed (Where he is on loan at the moment) only scored 1 in 10 games, which is quite poor, but reckon in a better team he'd be a brilliant player, I reckon he'd have done a job for us here and he has some ariel threat which is something we lack.

Nailed on to score against us when we play Sheff Wed in a few weeks.

Slipped the net I think.

Jamie Mackie doesn't play much at QPR, must be frustrating for him....

After saying we should stick with what we've got I am starting to have my doubts about our forward line. I'd leave the situation until January but if it hasn't improved by then then I feel we have to bring someone in

EDIT: Plays more than I thought actually, would still like him here though

Is he not still injured?? If not, go for him IMO

If we do get a striker in we have to be sure that they're not going to upset the status quo, because we've finally got things right off the field. We're also going to have to hope that a number of our strikers who are currently doing quite well in terms of performances are willing to react to being dropped in a positive way as well as being sure that we're not getting another player in like Beckford who is 'A quality striker' but fails to produce. We also can't go breaking the bank like we did under Sven in my opinion, so candidates like Austin, who are going to be attracting interest from Premier League clubs are out already because paying Premier League wages in the Championship is risky business. If Pearson is sure of all of those things I'd be happy for us to bring in another striker, but if not we're well placed in the table at the moment and we've been playing well, it'd be silly to risk upsetting things when overall we're doing a good job. It's not as simple as saying 'If we had a twenty goal a season striker we'd be flying'.

Archived