Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve_Walsh5

New Striker

We need a player like Wilfried Zaha. You could say Knockaert is similar to Zaha but the comparisons should be limited, Zaha is clearly two footed something Tony isn't and my word the lad is good in all facets of the game! These are the kinda players we should be striving to sign if we are promoted. Also watching him run rings round Konchesky what would the likes of Oxlade-Chamberlain, Young, Gervinho, Ben Arfa etc do to him? Made me realise a real improvement would be needed in order to compete if we get promotion.

here is our forwards list...

Nugent - works hard but scores only occasionally. not as good as last season.

Vardy - works hard but not very clinical in front of goal.

Futacs - not seen anything of him to judge.

Schlupp - will be good in the future but not what were looking for now.

Waghorn - where is the player who we got on loan gone? not the same now.

and attacking midfielders / wingers

Dyer - works more than any others, can beat defenders but cannot hit a shot on target to save his life.

Knockaert - very good, works hard. only fault needs to watch his skills as they may not always pay off.

Marshall - i think he will become our star performer this season

King - as this guy puts it.....

I don't think Zaha was Palace's best player today. For all the stepovers he did without actually taking on a player, he was slipping over or getting tackled.

He has frightening amounts of pace, for sure and he exploited that when given the chance. But he was nothing special for me today.

Well we ain't going to get one.

Someone like Bolasie would be great though, someone like him is more realistic, he was just as dangerous as Zaha was today in parts, plus he was cheaper when Crystal Palace brought him from Bristol City, while Palace have priced Zaha at 20 million.

After today I would take Bolasie hands down, our wingers are not a problem though but it would be nice to see someone pacey and skilful like a Bolasie/Zaha mould to replace Dyer when his Leicester career comes to a end, which probably will be another two season's or so if we don't go up.

There seems to be an acceptance on here that Nugent will get 20 league goals this season.

I must be missing something, hasn't he been one of our weaker players this season, he's certainly not done enough to warrant the love he gets off some people.

He and Vardy will not be getting 30 let alone 35 between them.

sorry but what did he produce? yes he gave Konchesky a scare but I can't remember a cross or shot or any merit from him, when he swapped to face RDL he didn't even trouble him for pace either

Bolasie and Zaha were both Palace's most dangerous outlets today, they didn't look like doing anything except when these two got the ball. The way Zaha turned Konchesky inside out and squared it but their striker missed the header should have put them 3 up. I know we could never afford him and he is destined for greater things but we need similar players with the combination of pace and skill. Majority of our squad has the potential to grow into premiership quality players but Dyer for example has peaked as a footballer and would look out of place in the prem.

You want a player like Zaha? Who is insanely over rated? Who was in Tom Kennedy's back pocket last year? Who spits towards fans, like he did at B2 today? Who is an arrogant little shit?

I don't;.

Don't get me wrong he ain't half bad considering his age, but it's not exactly like we're desperate for wide men currently.

There seems to be an acceptance on here that Nugent will get 20 league goals this season.

I must be missing something, hasn't he been one of our weaker players this season, he's certainly not done enough to warrant the love he gets off some people.

He and Vardy will not be getting 30 let alone 35 between them.

Shhh.

Has anyone noticed that Nugent has got weirdly short legs?

Nugent is best when he has one thing to do, at the minute he's a posh Iain Hume, running about to little affect.

It's one fookin game get a grip, do we need a new midfield too? that's where we lost it today and three players who have been outstanding this season were off form today! One defeat at home after 6 straight wins and 17 threads pop up with utter overreactive drivel.

No. Not really.

Signing another player, displacing someone who has done admirably in being part of the team to get to the top of the table will start to upset the apple cart... We had 2 years of that & it's that kind of thing that rankles and can cause under-performance.

Today was just one of those days - it's been a while coming, all teams have them, it wasn't really like our other previous 13 games at all.

We just need to regroup & remember nothing will be achieved without hardwork, pressing high and limiting the opposition as we have done season to date - whilst using the power of Drinky, pace of Dyer, guile of King or skills of Knocky to make chances... we only had a couple on target today.

If there's someone available like when Reading signed Jason Roberts in Jan then it would be good to add - and fire us for the final push, but I don't see the point now.

100% this. I think some were started to take our 100% home record for granted a little so when we were finally beaten we have to take some sort of action

Even though Nugent and Vardy don't have outstanding goal records so far, they're an important part of the team who got us where we are now. Replacing one of them with someone who might have scored plenty elsewhere could upset team harmony and it doesn't mean they'll score loads for us (Beckford, anyone?). A signing in January might be a good idea but for now we're still in great form - we just lost one match to a very good Palace side

Also - a few saying we won't get promoted with this strikeforce: we're still in an automatic promotion place, let alone a playoff place. The team all round is good.

(And if we had Burnley at home yesterday, I'm fairly certain we'd still be top)

Easy - Michael Owen - said he wouldn't drop down a division but at the end of the day money talks

Whilst we would lose Vardy / Nugents work rate I'd rather have a proven goalscorer in my team any day

He has signed a one year deal with Stoke, but I agree with your point for me Vardy should be a left winger/left forward his pace and energy and crossing and passing ability far outweighs Dyer imo, someone that knows where the back of the net at a level similar to the championship or above wouldn't go amiss.

Shhh.

Has anyone noticed that Nugent has got weirdly short legs?

Nugent is best when he has one thing to do, at the minute he's a posh Iain Hume, running about to little affect.

I thought that about Vardy. The work-horse, the endless runner, the one who never gives up a lost cause. Bit like when Dickov was with us.

I wouldn't compare Nugent to Hume. Just personally don't see it.

Easy - Michael Owen - said he wouldn't drop down a division but at the end of the day money talks

Whilst we would lose Vardy / Nugents work rate I'd rather have a proven goalscorer in my team any day

No way. We wouldn't get our money's worth at all.

1) He wouldn't want to be here in this division.

2) In fact, the only reason he will be here is because of the money.

3) He won't give a shit about the club or where we want to go. As soon as he gets on that pitch the only thing on his mind will be the money, which is linked to not wanting to play in the Championship.

4) We wouldn't get our money's worth given his amount of injuries - I believe he's already injured for Stoke with a hamstring injury. His 1000th hamstring injury probably. Even if it's on a pay-as-you-play deal, he'll still be requesting way over the odds and way too much money to play. It's just not viable throwing money at a has-been like that especially when Pearson clearly wants to get the wage-bill down and to comply with the FFP rules coming up. And it doesn't go with Pearson's model (look at the majority of his signings, he wants to build a squad; look at all the youngsters he's brought in). Owen would not fit that strategy one bit.

lose one game in ages and all of a sudden we need to start drafting in a new strike force . All we would get would be loanees and they would be available because they are not required by their clubs. They are not surplus to requirements/ available on loan because they are embarassing their teammates by the sheer vulgarity of their goalscoring prowess.

Our strikers will deliver and are delivering give them a chance

Strange how we lose once and are still 2nd but all of a sudden we need players and lack depth, had we lost 3 and outside the playoffs then I could understand.

You will find that a fair few on here have said for a while that we lack a proven finisher. It is not a reaction to the defeat, just what a lot of us belive, along with a touch of cover at the back.

because they are not required by their clubs. They are not surplus to requirements/ available on loan because they are embarassing their teammates by the sheer vulgarity of their goalscoring prowess.

Depends on which club they are at

Archived