Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
broughtonblue

Morgan/Bamba

When sol was with us opinion on here was very much divided as to whether he was a good player. Now he has left and we have Morgan as a replacement I'm just interested in who you would rather have in your team.

For me Morgan has been outstanding this season so my vote goes to him. Your thoughts....

I'm sure this thread appeared the other day.

Bamba was a good technical footballer, awful defender. Only have to see goal after goal going in during his time here and notice him rarely in camera shot as the ball flies into our net.

Imagine the impact that has on the rest of team not knowing if your CB is going to come tearing out of defence on a mad run and then not be back in time, even if he was back he was rarely marking up well... or in base terms, doing his job.

I'm sure this thread appeared the other day.

Bamba was a good technical footballer, awful defender. Only have to see goal after goal going in during his time here and notice him rarely in camera shot as the ball flies into our net.

Imagine the impact that has on the rest of team not knowing if your CB is going to come tearing out of defence on a mad run and then not be back in time, even if he was back he was rarely marking up well... or in base terms, doing his job.

Your correct, I did start this thread a couple of days ago but for some reason it was removed after about 5 mins so didn't get to gauge peoples opinions. Don't think it contravenes any forum rules!!!

The difference is Bamba was unpredictable as to what he was going to do next, Morgan will win the ball and play it safe. Sure he was a fans favourite for some but Wes Morgan is the best centre back we've had (permanently) since Elliott.

Didn't like Bamba.

I prefer Morgan, easily. He is easy one of the best central defender's in the division, I still think the price we got him for is excellent. Just solid, and also seems comfortable on the ball.

Just look at the stats...

We are currently second in terms of fewest goals conceded (Brighton are top)..

However, we are miles off in terms of goals scored (Cardiff are top).

Just like his first season in charge, Pearson has turned the defence around, with Wes playing out of his skin.

However, we don't score enough.

The question is, is this because of our strikers being not good enough? Or is it the lack of supply?

I would guess a bit of both?

I would suggest that Pearson needs to address this in January if we are to gain automatic promotion.

Bit like asking if you'd rather have Pearson or David Pleat as manager.

:Plol

Very true, Morgan by a million miles.

I'd worry about anyones football brain if they genuinely thought Bamba.

:Plol

Very true, Morgan by a million miles.

I'd worry about anyones football brain if they genuinely thought Bamba.

So you've forgotten about his performances this time last year?

When he stays in his position he was brilliant. He kept many top strikers in his pocket. Unfortunately, he was always had a mistake in his locker.

So you've forgotten about his performances this time last year?

When he stays in his position he was brilliant. He kept many top strikers in his pocket. Unfortunately, he was always had a mistake in his locker.

No I've not, I remember his marauding forward runs and the amount of goals we conceded when he wasn't even within 10 yards of his own penalty box. The man was a joke.

In his pocket is a bit over the top, I remember most of the top 6 strikers who came here had it pretty good against big Sol.

No I've not, I remember his marauding forward runs and the amount of goals we conceded when he wasn't even within 10 yards of his own penalty box. The man was a joke.

In his pocket is a bit over the top, I remember most of the top 6 strikers who came here had it pretty good against big Sol.

Then we'll have to agree to disagree.

He's a good defender but perhaps not suited to this league.

He won his headers and he made his tackles, it's just his positioning that was horrible.

Just like his first season in charge, Pearson has turned the defence around, with Wes playing out of his skin.

The question is, is this because of our strikers being not good enough? Or is it the lack of supply?

I would suggest that Pearson needs to address this in January if we are to gain automatic promotion.

Amazing.

We're second in the best 2nd tier I've ever seen (by a long, long way) after practically a decade of middling around mid-table to the relegation zone (apart from NP's previous season here)... and you're moaning about this not being good or that.

Talk about delusions of grandeur

----------

Yes, we all want the best, but the upheaval some people want after one lacklustre performance where most of the team weren't really at the races doesn't mean we need all change... we've been down that path with the previous manager and it all adds up to some unhappy individuals causing unrest amongst what would be happy individuals and most likely a season of mid-table mediocrity

Thank fook NP is in charge on none of the knee-jerkers that litter this forum, with a few more than usual appearing following a defeat, that have been absent for several weeks.

Is the answer a defensive midfielder? :ph34r:

Up until the last game there wasn't really much between ourselves and cardiff in terms of goal scoring. We've scored in every game this year. Yes we could do with an amazing striker which would be the cherry on the cake, but so could every team. Nobody is perfect in this league and we still sit second even with the few problems we have.

Is the answer a defensive midfielder? :ph34r:

Up until the last game there wasn't really much between ourselves and cardiff in terms of goal scoring. We've scored in every game this year. Yes we could do with an amazing striker which would be the cherry on the cake, but so could every team. Nobody is perfect in this league and we still sit second even with the few problems we have.

In no way was my post meant as a knock on Pearson or the team. As you know, both are doing better than I predicted they would.

It was merely an 'analysis of the stats thing.' That we are going great guns defensively at present but I do think our goals tally will be an important issue at the end of the season and may well need addressing. There are other contemporary threads, of course, suggesting the same thing.

It wasn't meant to be a know-all type post, more a look at where the statistics show we need improvement. And yes, I do know we are second in the table...

Regarding the DM yes I do think we need to mix it up in those games where our physicality looks like a problem. So that's not changed.

Overall, like most of us, I'm well happy!

:thumbup:

Archived