Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicester_Loyal

Remembrance fixture vs. Forest

.... And when the last post is finished and the forest fans roar, our fans will start chanting scum for not observing the silence, all because they couldn't hear the PA announcement because its too quiet over there, when our fans are being just as bad by acting holier than thou, whilst not observing at the same time.

We were the first club to introduce the remembrance fixture. Agree with Bert, we'll all label Forest fans scum because the PA announcement doesn't clearly state to remain in silence during and after the last post.

Hope the helicopter tradition continues though!

.... And when the last post is finished and the forest fans roar, our fans will start chanting scum for not observing the silence, all because they couldn't hear the PA announcement because its too quiet over there, when our fans are being just as bad by acting holier than thou, whilst not observing at the same time.

So true.

Maybe the club will make it a bit more clearer this time as they don't want to look bad on SKY. I really don't know why they don't just take an extra minute or 2 to make clear to everyone exactly what will happen. Or even easier, have the 1 minute silence then play the last post after.

A minutes applause is a lot better at football matches!

It's the worst thing that ever happened, it was basically introduced as a few morons couldn't shut up while the rest of us stayed silent.

Applauding through a remembrance minute/mark of respect is downright bizarre as far as I'm concerned.

We have the screens now though so could put a message on those explaining the plans of the last post being played then going straight into a silence, aswell as announcing it over the PA system.

Obviously not everyone will read the screens either so it's still a possibility of the Forest fans cheering after the last post, but putting a message on the screens aswell as announcing it over the PA is an idea of getting the point across. Maybe even print letters and place them on every seat - Although that will just cause paper airplanes being thrown I spose.

I don't think it's about respect. I think it'll be about not knowing 'the form'. I had no idea this was going on so I'll wager the majority of Forest fans won't either.

Perhaps if your admin shower could contact our admin shower and get the shower who organise our respective OS's to put something up describing the running order of respectful gestures there'll be no need for half heard, crappy PA announcements.

I don't think it's about respect. I think it'll be about not knowing 'the form'. I had no idea this was going on so I'll wager the majority of Forest fans won't either.

Perhaps if your admin shower could contact our admin shower and get the shower who organise our respective OS's to put something up describing the running order of respectful gestures there'll be no need for half heard, crappy PA announcements.

Stick a post up on LTLF if you're on there mate, would be nice to let some of your fans know.

Archived