Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

105 corners

From foxblogger - http://foxblogger.wordpress.com/

105 – Another 16 fruitless corners yesterday takes Leicester’s total of corners without a goal to over 100. It’s now 105 corners since Ben Marshall found the head of Wes Morgan on the opening day of the Championship campaign. Perhaps the payers might want to look closely at the Eagles’ corner routines.

Great stat ! Depressing, but interesting. To be honest, apart from Wes (all season) and ZW (4 games), we are pretty rubbish in the air and this stat would suggest that we need to think about changing the delivery. I have no idea if there is a stat out there about what type of corner we took, but I guess the overwhelming majority have just been lumped into the box ... ofr us to lose the aerial battle for the ball !??

Great stat ! Depressing, but interesting. To be honest, apart from Wes (all season) and ZW (4 games), we are pretty rubbish in the air and this stat would suggest that we need to think about changing the delivery. I have no idea if there is a stat out there about what type of corner we took, but I guess the overwhelming majority have just been lumped into the box ... ofr us to lose the aerial battle for the ball !??

I would agree with this completely.

Excepting the two you have mentioned we are a pretty small side.

The stats are truly horrendous in this respect.

We simply don't have an aerial threat. We've got, in my eyes, 3-5 players who regularly play who can win anything in the air, clubs seem to suss that, we don't attack them well enough and haven't done for a good 10 years, it's amazing to think we used to be brilliant at them.

Morgan's an aerial threat (even then he's not as good as Bamba was), Whitbread I assume would be, De Laet possibly, King has been in the past and Nugent has scored (albeit very few) headers before.

It needs serious work, we had 16 and didn't look like scoring at all. It was embarrassing, Palace were pretty much clearing it behind without feeling any pressure in doing so.

Not good enough and I hope it's addressed.

Oh well, it could be worse, it could be 247 or whatever it was...

Two things were noticeable on Saturday, one was that the deliveries were too floated and too near the edge of the box instead of the penalty spot, the other was that we are cack at attacking the ball aerially. They need to to show a bit more desire and tact, more organisation as well. There should be a man running to the near post, there should be a couple coming in from the back, there should be one standing in front of the keeper, and there should be others making runs from the edge of the box. There should also be some sort of blocking sytem if they're going man-to-man, I'm sure that's what Palace did for their second.

We simply don't have an aerial threat. We've got, in my eyes, 3-5 players who regularly play who can win anything in the air, clubs seem to suss that, we don't attack them well enough and haven't done for a good 10 years, it's amazing to think we used to be brilliant at them.

Morgan's an aerial threat (even then he's not as good as Bamba was), Whitbread I assume would be, De Laet possibly, King has been in the past and Nugent has scored (albeit very few) headers before.

It needs serious work, we had 16 and didn't look like scoring at all. It was embarrassing, Palace were pretty much clearing it behind without feeling any pressure in doing so.

Not good enough and I hope it's addressed.

We aren't very good in the air true, but I think 3-5 should be enough to cause more problems.

We only need one of them to head the ball, maybe two if you want a flick on at the near post but that bloke doesn't even have to be tall.

We're not a very tall/physical side and that is definitely a weakness from corners BUT I don't think we're doing enough to make the most of what we've got. We haven't got enough ideas, most of the time we just float it in aimlessly like we kow we're not going to score from one.

he issue is the opposition know this and will be happy to cncede corner after corner, this proves to be a massive waste of the numerous attacks we get in the game ading to the possibility of dominating but then getting dne on a break.

I tink it's time for

'Score from a corner, we never score from a corner.''

We're shit at corners and have been for quite a long time, but in all fairness we basically scored from one at the weekend, if it wasn't for a mental handball on the line, so to say we never looked like scoring is a bit harsh.

Think the lads might find themselves working on corners this week mind, conceding from 2 and having 16 that only created one decent chance. Not a good combination.

Archived