Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Booing

No still in the education system, but they are our rivals and it's not the biggest crowd of the season. Regardless the fans weren't exactly great today.

Yeah so when mummy and daddy stop funding you and you have to pay mortgage and bills and feed 2 kids you can tell people how to spend their money. Idiot. For the record i was at the game but have the other things to do. But i'm lucky not everyone is in the same boat.

Yeah so when mummy and daddy stop funding you and you have to pay mortgage and bills and feed 2 kids you can tell people how to spend their money. Idiot. For the record i was at the game but have the other things to do. But i'm lucky not everyone is in the same boat.

Comparing it to other similarly priced fixtures, considering that we consider them to be our main rivals, I didn't think the crowd was great in terms of size or noise. Not saying it was awful, but I don't think we should be pointing to it and saying 'look how brilliant our fans are'.

Comparing it to other similarly priced fixtures, considering that we consider them to be our main rivals, I didn't think the crowd was great in terms of size or noise. Not saying it was awful, but I don't think we should be pointing to it and saying 'look how brilliant our fans are'.

Especially as the crowd sizes for smaller games aren't too different, convenient sort of kick-off time and day I'd say as well.

but it was on tv! Good turnout and decent atmosphere i thought. Also only one team tried to win today

I don't know why there is so much negativity on here.what did you really expect. We went from a pure passing side to a hoof the fecking ball anywhere. This is pearsons game how he likes to play, and that is why we have just about all his old players in th team week in week out. Just learn to accept what you will now get on the pitch , and then like me, you won't be so disapointed

Mark w you really are a moron god only knows what you must be studying

Glass houses mate.

I never claimed our fans are brilliant. Just that 10 years ago i went every where. 5 years ago i went most places. Nowdays jobs are hard to come by. Money is tight. Maybe when you finish your tax funded education you will get a grip. willy puller.

I never claimed our fans are brilliant. Just that 10 years ago i went every where. 5 years ago i went most places. Nowdays jobs are hard to come by. Money is tight. Maybe when you finish your tax funded education you will get a grip. willy puller.

I just said it wasn't brilliant. My own position really isn't that relevant, just thought that more would turn up for Forest. Not had a go at you, think you're being a bit unreasonable to be honest. If people are going to claim our fans were brilliant (You'll notice my original post that you quoted was aimed at people doing that not you), then I'm going to point out that actually neither attendances nor vocal support are that great regardless of whether I work to buy a ticket. I'm not saying people are wrong not to play those prices, just that we can't claim to have incredible fans like some have done in this thread. My point is basically this, whilst it's not a criticism of those who don't go to games, we can't claim to have incredible support because we had an attendance of almost 25,000 in a televised game against our main rivals, when Forest had an attendance of almost 30,000 against Derby in almost exactly the same circumstances (Early Kick-Off, Sky, Rivals) and we claimed their support was shit. It's not a personal attack or criticism of anyone, I'm just saying that generally our fans aren't anything special.

No still in the education system, but they are our rivals and it's not the biggest crowd of the season. Regardless the fans weren't exactly great today.

Our home support is decent compared to others especially after being at Bolton and Watford. Now that's what you call dire.

I just said it wasn't brilliant. My own position really isn't that relevant, just thought that more would turn up for Forest. Not had a go at you, think you're being a bit unreasonable to be honest. If people are going to claim our fans were brilliant (You'll notice my original post that you quoted was aimed at people doing that not you), then I'm going to point out that actually neither attendances nor vocal support are that great regardless of whether I work to buy a ticket. I'm not saying people are wrong not to play those prices, just that we can't claim to have incredible fans like some have done in this thread. My point is basically this, whilst it's not a criticism of those who don't go to games, we can't claim to have incredible support because we had an attendance of almost 25,000 in a televised game against our main rivals, when Forest had an attendance of almost 30,000 against Derby in almost exactly the same circumstances (Early Kick-Off, Sky, Rivals) and we claimed their support was shit. It's not a personal attack or criticism of anyone, I'm just saying that generally our fans aren't anything special.

Think you are missing a few points here. Just because we have a 32k stadium. What are your basics to say we should fill it. How many times in 10 years has it sold out. Our average attendance at filbert st wss only 14k for a number of years.

Derby are a 1 club city, forest have county we have the most succesful club rugby side in the country up the road. A high population or poles and asians who i guess have no intetest or affliation to leicester city fc.

So what is this expectation that everyone should love the club we do.

When our ground is full. It will be full of people doing business and wining and dining when we play united and newcastle etc. These people don't want to come watch fword or any other clubs in this division. Our hardcore support has only ever be 10-12k so the fact we get nearly double that nowdays isn't as bad as you make out.

There are factors involved. We are hardly blackburn or bolton but we arent united or arsenal either and never will be.

The atmosphere yesterday, in the Kop at least, was the best it has been in a very long time. The booing was directed at the ref. Forest fans were poor, only singing when they scored, which is usually what you get at home games and not what you expect from a group of away fans.

I actually saw potential for the Kop to actually become a real Kop yesterday and this needs working on, omly went flat when yet again we had a refereeing decision against us. Doesn't matter if it was a penalty or not the crowd percieved it was wrong and it effected the crowd and I think the team to a certain extent.

As a result the booing was clearly directed at the ref and the players undoubtedly knew this.

Archived