Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Sheffield Wednesday Pre Match

Nooo the club was formed was back in 1968 by some owls fans in leics.SheffW only recently found out and are doing a pr thing with some of todays boys. Invited them to play at their academy and have lunch before watching city score 7 ;-)

Nooo the club was formed was back in 1968 by some owls fans in leics.SheffW only recently found out and are doing a pr thing with some of todays boys. Invited them to play at their academy and have lunch before watching city score 7 ;-)

Surely time for a renaming then! Oadby Foxes sounds so much better :thumbup:

Definitely unchanged. Whitbread starting to win me over as well, which is good given SSL is still out for a while.

I'm sure Vardy will be chomping at the bit to get a chance to play against his boyhood side but so long as Nuge and Waggy have no injury concerns they both have to keep their starting places.

Confident we can go there and get 3 points. I haven't been for at least 5 years to Hillsborough so looking forward to it.

I've heard rumours that Nuge may not start Saturday as the neck injury needs time to heal. Personally wouldn't mind I too much, of course Nuge is a massive player and would be missed but I just reckon Vardy would have an absolute stormer playing against his boyhood team.

This.

I would start Vardy and Waggy.

It'd probably ruin Waghorn's fragile confidence if he were to be dropped now.

If Nuge is struggling a bit then we should have enough without him to beat Wednesday, if not we can always bring him on at half time.

Wouldn't risk him if there is any chance of putting him out for longer.

Yeah I agree with that.

Vardy will be bang up for it, just hope he doesn't tried 'too hard' and get sent off or go snatching at shots. I get the feeling there will be a game in the near future where it finally clicks for him and he puts 2 or 3 away and finally marks his arrival.

What exactly did Vardy do on Saturday (or any game in the past few months) to convince people he's an able replacement for our top scorer? Apart from run around a lot.

We need Nugent fit and that's a fact.

I'm inclined to agree with this.

There is clear evidence to demonstrate that Waghorn is in much improved form. In a team that sometimes struggles to convert chances, however, there is certainly no evidence, yet, that Vardy could replace our best forward with no detriment to the team's chances of winning a game.

What exactly did Vardy do on Saturday (or any game in the past few months) to convince people he's an able replacement for our top scorer? Apart from run around a lot.

We need Nugent fit and that's a fact.

It's also a fact that Vardy has scored just as many goals per game as Nuge (well, as near as makes no difference).

Plus Nuge has a lot more playing time per goal.

:thumbup:

Vardy 4 in 9

Nugent 9 in 19

We need to drop this theory of Vardy not being good enough. He's been fine.

The fact he has had to be subbed in the last 2 games with neck problems.

Edit: Admittedly he scored 3 in those games, but neck problems are a worry.

To be fair, had we not been winning 3-0 I don't think Nuge would have come off. Hopefully he'll be fit for Saturday.

What's our allocation for this? Be disappointed if we don't take at least 3 or 4. :)

What row is the back row?!

I phoned this morning to book 2 tickets. He said there were only single tickets left from the initial allocation of 3k.

I was rung back at 1pm - the second allocation had just arrived, and I booked my tickets out of that.

Dunno how big the 2nd allocation is, but 3k already snapped up by Tuesday morning's impressive.

I phoned this morning to book 2 tickets. He said there were only single tickets left from the initial allocation of 3k.

I was rung back at 1pm - the second allocation had just arrived, and I booked my tickets out of that.

Dunno how big the 2nd allocation is, but 3k already snapped up by Tuesday morning's impressive.

Apparently the second allocation is around 700.

Archived