Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Sheffield Wednesday Pre Match

What would Marshall do? Nothing as usual?

What a stupid thing say, not saying he deserves to start, but this guy can change games and has won us points with some of his goals from nowhere on more than one occasion. Why do we need to turn on players just because they have had a few quiet games, especially considering he has had a bit of a tough time off the pitch.

The fact he had a spell at Wednesday also means he will be fired up for it.

What a stupid thing say, not saying he deserves to start, but this guy can change games and has won up points with some of his goals from nowhere on more than one occasion. Why do we need to turn on players just because they have had a few quiet games, especially considering he has had a bit of a tough time off the pitch.

I'm still not sure young Ben looks 'fired up for it'?

I think he's got lotsa talent but I wouldn't be starting him at the moment either.

Hopefully he'll have a great game on Saturday if he plays.

He's been the most disappointing player for me this season, vis a vis my expectations of him.

What a stupid thing say, not saying he deserves to start, but this guy can change games and has won us points with some of his goals from nowhere on more than one occasion. Why do we need to turn on players just because they have had a few quiet games, especially considering he has had a bit of a tough time off the pitch.

Wouldn't mind him behind the striker in a 4-2-3-1 if Nuge is injured.

Remember King's first goal?

Don't think he's scored a better one since, and that says a lot because he's hit some right pearlers since.

I think his one against Leeds at home comes very close as does his dink against Barnsley.

West Ham away last season was a good goal.

And why would we start Marshall? Knockaert and Dyer are miles better than him.

I bet my bottom dollar you wouldn't have said that about Dyer and Marshall around April last season.

Marshall has had a few games where he has looked out of form, but I wouldn't say Knockaert and especially Dyer are better than him. Different players anyway, in my opinion. Fair play to Knockaert and Dyer who are both having good spells, but don't take anything away from Marshall who can be a quality player for us on his day.

West Ham away last season was a good goal.

And who said we should start Marshall all I did was point out that it was idiotic to say he does nothing. In some respects he is a bit like Gallagher in that he can win matches all on his own, but can go missing in others, lets not turn on him like we did Gallagher, everyone has a bad spell, but this kid is full of talent and can be forgiven a few bad games, and when he isn't on top form and we have others who are he will get dropped and have to fight for his place and come back stronger (hopefully).

No I just don't think he is anything special, he scored a few long shots last season... Amazing, Gallagher did the same but people slate him.

Knockaert has a hell of a lot more ability than Marshall does, and Dyer has been brilliant lately

No I just don't think he is anything special, he scored a few long shots last season... Amazing, Gallagher did the same but people slate him.

Knockaert has a hell of a lot more ability than Marshall does, and Dyer has been brilliant lately

Firstly, I certainly wouldn't start Marshall on Saturday, he's our of form and you just do not change a team after that kind of result, barring injuries.

Knockaert has more ability than anyone in the squad, so that's not really a fair comment. Having said that he's been poor in a couple games recently, current form isn't exactly an advert for his obvious talent.

Without trying to have a dig at the guy, because he's been great lately, but if you compare the ability of Dyer for example with Marshall, there's no comparison.

I'm not sure why other people aren't seeing it but Marshall is obviously a talented player, scoring that many brilliant goals isn't luck, neither were the great crosses he was putting in when he was on form at times last season and in the first few games of this one. These are the skills that make a potentially special player, not getting everything right and being a model of consistency when you're 21.

The comparison with Gallagher is probably right because Gally himself does have a lot of ability, for me it's his lack of physical presence and pace which have held him back, particularly in away games. Even so, it's always been a myth that all he did was score long range goals and nothing else, in the second half of his first two seasons he was a consistent 7 out of 10 man whilst offering the occassional moment of brilliance. He went through a bad run at the start of the next season, people started booing him and he fell apart from there.

To go with technical ability Marshall has a bit of pace and isn't so lightweight, and in time he will prove to be a Premiership player, I'm sure of it. That is, if he knuckles down and shows the right attitude.

People expect too much too soon from young players, there was a time when King was lightweight and all he did was score goals, in fact that was just last season lol

You dont change a winning team barring injury, suspensions & loan deals to huddersfield, bristol etc ,, especially one thats won 6-0 simples!!! ;-)

Just because pundits have used this phrase in the UK for decades doesn't make it true. We can't expect Wed to be as poor as Ipswich, nor will they show the same weaknesses as Ipswich. It's a balance between playing our game as best as possible and not let the opposition read it. One or two changes could well benefit our cause, particularly with the options we have on the bench!

Looks as if I was right about Nugent big blow for us hopefully Waghorn and Vardy can get the goals.

Ian Stringer â€@StringerSport

#lcfc boss Nigel Pearson's just told me David Nugent will be missing for the next couple of games with his neck injury. More at 6pm 104.9fm

Nightmare, at least it will soon be obvious how reliant we are on him though. I'd rather we go 4-2-3-1 than play both Vardy AND Waghorn.

With Nugent and Konchesky out could we be about to line up with the youngest ever starting 11?

Kasper 26

RDL 23

Whitbread 28

Morgan 28

Schlupp 19

Knockeart 20

King 24

Drinkwater 22

Dyer 30

Waghorn 22

Vardy 25

Bench

Logan 26

Futacs 22

Marshall 21

Lingard 19

Moore 19

James 21

Keane? 19

That is a pretty young squad, not sure if Keane is fit, may be old man Wellens or Gallagher in there, but either way we could feasible have 11 of those players still playing for us in 10 years time, could you imagine that a decade of players playing together, learning together, growing together, this season may be a bit soon for a few of them, which is why I hope not getting promoted doesn't lead to the break of this ethos, conversely I also think that getting promoted could do just as much to break up this team, isn't that a lovely word, team, so nice to have one of them again rather than a bunch of individuals.

Archived