Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

How you rate our Strikers - conflicting stats

According to the MOM votes (NB does not include cup games) those attending and voting have produced the following stats.

Waghorn with 27 votes includes 1 MOM

Vardy with 21 votes includes 0 MOM

Nugent with 16 votes includes 1 MOM

Futacs with 11 votes includes 1 MOM

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0At5Gd5mXy_erdGQyd3JZYXVjMTJtUnN6X0NxeGlsbkE#gid=0

Yet according to the OS player stats (assume it includes the cup games).

Waghorn has played 13(5) with 1 goal + 11 on target

Vardy has played 17(3) with 4 goals + 12 on target

Nugent has played 19(4) with 9 goals + 21 on target

Futacs has played 7(7) with 2 goals and 3 on target

Clearly the MOM voting stats do not always give a very good indication of overall performance.

I think the mom give a different view and over the course of a season will give true reflections of who our best player has been, sometimes you can score the goals in a game but a midfielder can supply them getting te votes. I thin most LCFC supporters values someone who gives their all hence the high number of votes for Vardy and Waghorn sometimes Nugent can do less running but you would prefer him in a goals coring position to the rest.

Without wishing to seem antagonistic stats like these just highlight the futility of player rating and MOM's. We tend to notice players who run around a lot, hence Vardy and Waghorn receiving a large amount of votes whilst producing precious little of note.

disagree, danns ran around a lot but he's pretty roundly slated in here. running around a lot is only one facet that fans appreciate.

Without wishing to seem antagonistic stats like these just highlight the futility of player rating and MOM's. We tend to notice players who run around a lot, hence Vardy and Waghorn receiving a large amount of votes whilst producing precious little of note.

I disagree with your reasoning, I'd suggest that it's not a result of who 'runs around a lot' because Nugent does that to, it's more down to the fact that Nugent has been good consistently, so we expect it of him. Where as when Vardy or Waghorn play well it's more noticable because so far this season they've been a bit hit and miss. I don't think it's neccesarily a result of their work rate.

I disagree with your reasoning, I'd suggest that it's not a result of who 'runs around a lot' because Nugent does that to, it's more down to the fact that Nugent has been good consistently, so we expect it of him. Where as when Vardy or Waghorn play well it's more noticable because so far this season they've been a bit hit and miss. I don't think it's neccesarily a result of their work rate.

I don't think it's unreasonable to assert that Vardy and Waghorn run around a lot more than Nugent. Nugent has also been paired with at least one of them in each of his matches so it may not be surprising that people notice their running more than Nugent's.

Perhaps in the games where other strikers have done well, there's been another performance which was better to steal the votes...?

Precisely... It shows absolutely nothing really as it doesn't take into account many other factors, and certainly no correlation between running around and votes.

near the top of the laegue is little of note!!

Archived