Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tommy G

LCFC Twitter Stalkers

I don't, it's very sad, a retweet should either be something funny, important or interesting, some of our fans retweeting what Nugent had for dinner at Nandos is embarrassing.

What's worse is when people tweet footballers begging for a RT for their birthday or something.

What's worse is when people tweet footballers begging for a RT for their birthday or something.

People like that need kneecapping.

Or when they say something and put at the end. "RT or reply please, will make my day!!" Then if they get a RT they never shut up about it

I honestly cant see why your existance being acknowledged by a footballer could make your birthday any better

Why not?

A forum is an open public debate about a common interest such as the foxes, a band or whatever.

Whereas Twitter is a self important poisonous arse of a site that only works if you have some form of notoriety, or you like sucking up to/slagging off people with some sort of notoriety.

For your average Joe it's just a steaming heap of pointless bilge.

When you add to that it creates no end of problems for people with some sort of fame but little training in dealing with the public sphere and or lack of brains it really is a minefield for Football clubs etc.

I do that on Twitter where I may not be able to on a forum. I talk about City to people who perhaps don't go on forums. I talk to people about bands with people who I may have met at a gig or who just has the same taste in music as me, who aren't on forums.

Sorry, am I not allowed to anymore? Am I using Twitter wrongly? Am I using the internet wrong :( ? Are you the Internet king?

Yes, footballers (and other celebs) probably could be more wiser in using it, but why should we let them spoil it for the rest of us who actually like and know how to use Twitter? I use it to learn a lot about breaking news stories where other ways aren't sometimes possible (TV, radio, newspaper).

This is a bit much, I don't go around tweeting Sean St Ledger on a daily basis.

I look at his twitter often, but don't stalk him, got a reply from him once though, when I decided to lick his arse and say he was my favourite player, he replied thanks mate.

But as I am not sad, I didn't favourite the tweet.

I do that on Twitter where I may not be able to on a forum. I talk about City to people who perhaps don't go on forums. I talk to people about bands with people who I may have met at a gig or who just has the same taste in music as me, who aren't on forums.

Sorry, am I not allowed to anymore? Am I using Twitter wrongly? Am I using the internet wrong :( ? Are you the Internet king?

Yes, footballers (and other celebs) probably could be more wiser in using it, but why should we let them spoil it for the rest of us who actually like and know how to use Twitter? I use it to learn a lot about breaking news stories where other ways aren't sometimes possible (TV, radio, newspaper).

You make some good points and that's all fair enough.

However the mainstream of Twitter is people with some sort of public profile using it as a platform to inform ordinary members of the public otherwise know as followers when they have just taken a dump.

Or when they are next appearing where, or where to buy their book, or when their next album is out etc etc.

And to be fair even that is OK as long as the followers understand it's just another form of self promotion / advertising rather than any genuine two way relationship.

The reason I despise it so much is two fold.

Firstly it's immediate and allows instant act now think later public access to the masses and even worse the media for anyone who cares to read it. And that means people like Footballers end up sticking their foot in it over and over again, and it's just an extra pain in the arse for Football clubs and Managers who end up having to put out fires that should never have been lit.

Of course the media absolutely love it, and I know a good few National journalists that will tell you it's their primary go to place for a juicy story these days. Who needs to phone hack when the idiots serve it up on a public plate on Twitter for free?

Secondly the nature of the majority of the relationship on there I find unhealthy. We live in this fame hungry society where so many people want to be famous, and some of them couldn't give a toss how or why. The unsavory's who latch onto a major media story and write filth for attention aside you then get these people who are sucking up to celebrities, asking for re tweets of birthdays or self gratifying charity events they are taking part in.

To me it's an unhealthy relationship that just fuels the fame lust culture.

Twitter and forums - posting your opinions in public. Same thing really. Stan's a good tweeter by the way.

The difference is that unless you have some sort of public profile such as yourself no one will give two flying Fs or even notice on Twitter what the average Joe writes.

Whereas a forum for fans of the foxes such as here is a level playing field for all fans to put the opinions and join in the debate on an equal footing.

There is a distinct difference.

Fair, although trust me, there's millions on Twitter who despise the RT-beggers, suck-ups just as much as those who, like yourself, aren't on it and despise Twitter.

That's fair enough mate.

I honest did'nt realise there was another side to it apart from the celebrity angle.

If so then I can see it may have a genuine purpose.

That's fair enough mate.

I honest did'nt realise there was another side to it apart from the celebrity angle.

If so then I can see it may have a genuine purpose.

I used to think it was sad as u see it, until this day a lad a work told me about following betting tipsters(which I now think is pointless) but that put a different slant on it all for me, I now follow all the bands/festivals I love, and usually hear about tours etc earlier than usual, I follow Sky News/Sport News and other journalists. I have an interest in North Korea and follow a few people who keep me up to date with goings on.

I follow randoms who tweet funny stuff too.

Its not all about Rio Ferdinand taking his kid school and Kim Kardashian.

I'm not sure about Twitter stalking, but Nugent lives near me and I sometimes I detour my walk to go past his house... :ph34r:

Where do you live? Not for stalking reasons but I'm always intrigued as to where Leicester players live. (Even though that does sound slightly stalkerish).

Archived