Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

Do we need Beckford back?

Do we need Beckford back?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Do we need Beckford back?

• Yes
    • No

Wow... 72% of responders to my excellent poll at the start of the season said they'd play Beckford in City's first team and that he was 'great'! Six months later and..... Oh wait, there's a surprise..

:thumbup:

True, but Beckford has since said (apparently) that he doesn't want to play for Leicester, which changes a lot.

He's our player and we need a new option up front. Why not?

He's scored 3 goals all season. Vardy's getting slated on here as being out of his depth and not good enough for City at the minute and he's got 5.

I watched Hudds vs Palace the other day and Beckford was woeful. Couldn't hit a barn door.

Wow... 72% of responders to my excellent poll at the start of the season said they'd play Beckford in City's first team and that he was 'great'! Six months later and..... Oh wait, there's a surprise..

Nothing to do with the facts changing then? He clearly doesn't want to play for us anymore.

He's scored 3 goals all season. Vardy's getting slated on here as being out of his depth and not good enough for City at the minute and he's got 5.

I watched Hudds vs Palace the other day and Beckford was woeful. Couldn't hit a barn door.

Be careful with those facts, morons who think grass is forever greener with someone not in our 11 won't like it.

Never mind that we play much better with Vardy in the team too, without having every attack coming to nothing as soon as the ball arrives at Beckford's feet

You're such a wind-up merchant. :P

Top goal scorers should be targeting a goal every other game on average... or 0.5 goals per game

Nugent: Played 18, 3 assists & 11 goals = 0.6

So we have our top goal scorer, so who compliments that best?

Vardy: Played 21, 4 assists & 5 goals = 0.24 goals per game

Beckford: Played 13, 1 assist & 3 goals = 0.23 goals per game

Can someone tell me based on hard numbers what Beckford gives that Vardy doesn't - The goal record is broadly the same, so the people who say Beckford is scoring are having a laugh

Now, beyond hard numbers there's the subjective thing of what you think someone brings to the team through performance levels and that's where Vardy really aids the team. Obviously it's a subjective thing (apart from assists) so people will have different optinions on it... but c'mon everyone knows Beckford does **** all

Vardy's obviously weighed in with a good amount of assists in comparison to the others, but then there's the way everyone else in our team plays better when he's pulling CBs all over the place and the amount of work he does too. Work isn't the be all and end all though and it would be better if he took more of his chances, but I think that's a pretty amazing foundation to build on

So if they're our options it's obvious which out of the two should be in our team, add to that Beckford would rather eat dog shit than run out for a club and it's a no brainer.

Beckford ina city shirt is one of the most pointless talking points ever.

NP made a call and Beckford doesn't figure in his plans. Believe he is on pretty decent money probably the same as Vardy, Waghorn, Futacs and Schlupp put together so selling him on and bringing in another option seems a better idea and if he is prolific Wood must be close to Messi.

At a loss for words at some of the shit threads that get made after every defeat. We lost to a big spending, table-topping side and only just really. Bit more composure and we win 3-1. I'm not worried at all I think we'll be alright come May, just hope some of the negatives of this forum get behind the lads and assist, rather than hinder them at the KP. The urghs, ohhhhs, arghhhhsss and boo's are toxic and simply not on.

Can't remember what I said in that. Pretty sure I would have said start with Nugent & Vardy though and pair Beckford with Futacs

Archived