Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dayday

Nigel Pearson ..is he his own worst enemy?

Don't get me wrong i like what he has done since he took over,got the wage bill down,signed some good players...got us playing fantastic football at times...yet when things are going bad he has the inability to change things or get tactics right when needed or even worse deliberately not playing players because they have stood up to him or even questioned him.

Perfect case again yesterday..brought Lingard(point less signing) on instead of Futacs...not the first time he has got this wrong,we all knew that so why did he do it....is it arrogance ? I hope not... i have have been one of Pearson's staunchest fans .though i am starting to have my doubts about him,cannot believe we have lost so many games given that we have dominated.

I look at the league in shock i keep telling my dad it really is not a true picture of how we really should be doing..is it a coincidence? ...all i say is bad decisions will cost you in the long run.

We have lost 8 games when it should be no more than four,something is clearly wrong....and that comes down to the boss.

January will be a big month...Nigel really needs to get the right players in or i think the Thais will get itchy feet.

I think he needs to take a look at his attitude, he's properly arrogant.

I love arrogance in sport and think it needs to happen for success. But even Mourinho changed his team up and respected the opposition.

We seem to expect to go places and turn teams over with the exact same game plan and attitude as we have all season. If a team does it's homework they can expect a result.

IMO, we've got to a bit more flambouyant with our style. Our players could suit a lot of formations but we only play 4-4-2 and it's only 3 rows of players to take out and break down.

With something more interesting you can defend better away from home (something we can't do).

We need to be better at deciding when to put men behind the ball and hit sides on the counter. We've got the pace and passing ability to do it.

Other than that, he's been superb for us. His approach to running a club is first class.

You have to allow people to let off a bit of steam now and again, there's no doubt we're on a run of poor results and people are frustrated. The same would apply if we had some good news.

Like the OP, I'm usually right behind Pearson and I was delighted he returned to finish the job he started.

But...I am starting to have doubts. I have listed elsewhere things I think Pearson has got wrong. I would be very happy to be proved wrong on it.

Regardless of rational thought behind my doubts of Pearson, the real reason I am getting a bit steamed up about it is because I am sick and tired of coming away from games saying the same thing, basically that we had many chances, they had few chances, they scored, we didn't and they got something out of the game when they didn't seem to deserve it.

I hope it comes good again because it's a pain to trek over to Leicester on New Year's Day and I am seriously considering staying put.

The reports from Man United is that Lingard is a serious talent, we have yet to see it in his cameo appearances, but he is supposed to be a fast, tricky, attacking player with an eye for goal, why not bring him on?

We needed a goal, he has to make a decision, and obviously sees something in Jesse too, probably looks great in training, but for some reason Lingard has failed on the pitch so far, it probably frustrates NP as much as it does the rest of us, but calling him arrogant and stubborn is just nonsense, there is no reason to think Futacs would do any better, but of course if he gets it wrong he does have to take responsibility, but with some fans your damned if you do, and your damned if you don't, if he had brought Futas on and we still hadn't scored you would have people criticising him for bringing on a big man and lumping it up to him in desperation.

Please can we just support him and the team, and finish the season with the same manager that we started it with, we are not going to be improve by constantly chopping and changing.

A lot of people assume that if Futacs came on he would have changed the game. I'm not convinced by that. The problem was being outnumbered in midfield. Lumping it up to Futacs wouldnt have changed anything. Pearson does change tactics, for instance yesterday it seemed that Lingard had a free role behind the front two, presumably this was to help us unlock the defence. It didnt work but the formation definitely changed. On another day, it may have worked and on another day Futacs may have. Who knows. The problem I see is Futacs starting and we completely resort to long ball and stop playing football altogether.

That will be shit.

How come every half-sharp cockend on this forum is currently posting like a yet-to-be-caught-out racist?

"I don't mean to be insulting but..."

"I'm not saying that he should be sacked but..."

"I met a Pearson once but..."

Fvck. Slap yourselves around the face. Hard. Slap yourself, stab your cock with a biro and set fire to your fvcking laptop. Slap yourself, stab your cock, trash the computer and cut your fvcking hands off so you can never post such turgid, spastic fvcking shite again.

It's a fvcking game. Teams don't win every fvcking match, this isn't Barcelona and you know the square root of fvck all you gimp-faced, crotchless-brained fvcking FM-playing cvnts.

How come every half-sharp cockend on this forum is currently posting like a yet-to-be-caught-out racist?

"I don't mean to be insulting but..."

"I'm not saying that he should be sacked but..."

"I met a Pearson once but..."

Fvck. Slap yourselves around the face. Hard. Slap yourself, stab your cock with a biro and set fire to your fvcking laptop. Slap yourself, stab your cock, trash the computer and cut your fvcking hands off so you can never post such turgid, spastic fvcking shite again.

It's a fvcking game. Teams don't win every fvcking match, this isn't Barcelona and you know the square root of fvck all you gimp-faced, crotchless-brained fvcking FM-playing cvnts.

:xmasbiggrin: :xmasbiggrin: 99% of stuff on this section of the forum is mindless drivel. I just wish Daggers would actually say how he felt once in a while. Love him or loathe him, at least his posts are entertaining.

:xmasbiggrin: :xmasbiggrin: 99% of stuff on this section of the forum is mindless drivel. I just wish Daggers would actually say how he felt once in a while. Love him or loathe him, at least his posts are entertaining.

I think the persistent need to be the forum hardman is quite sad really.

Well, you're just being silly now.

Well, at least I'm not writing absolute shit like you have.

Come on, justify the statement that I am acting like "a hardman"? I am being abusive towards ignorance and stupidity, which is why I was so drawn to your spectacular display of retardation.

Well, at least I'm not writing absolute shit like you have.

Come on, justify the statement that I am acting like "a hardman"? I am being abusive towards ignorance and stupidity, which is why I was so drawn to your spectacular display of retardation.

Just answered your own question mate. Being "hard" doesn't exclusively refer to physical abuse, now does it? But if you feel the need to vent your anger out with poor insults on everyone then please, feel free to do so.

Have a glass of milk and go to bed, you miserable sod.

Just answered your own question mate. Being "hard" doesn't exclusively refer to physical abuse, now does it? But if you feel the need to vent your anger out with poor insults on everyone then please, feel free to do so.

Have a glass of milk and go to bed, you miserable sod.

Did I? You see someone as using language as "acting hard"? Is this your piss-poorly made point? Have you always been limited or have you recently been involved in an accident which has impaired your capacity for thought? I'd hate to think I was taking the piss out of someone who dribbles profusely and needs a nurse to change his bag on an hourly basis.

Please feel free to explain yourself, using words. You simple-minded sod.

Archived