Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steve Agnew

There's only one Nigel Pearson!

With silly season in full flow and managers being sacked all over the shop, I think we should all make an effort to step up the chanting in support of Pearson. Show our owners that we only want one person in charge of our football club.

Pearson is building an excellent young squad, and even if promotion does not happen this year he is the manager to take us forward. He can be trusted to spend money well and I think we will get more proof of this in the coming January.

"There's only one Nigel Pearson! One Nigel Pearson!"

These clubs are sacking managers cos they can't afford to stay in this league, Pearson's done a good job of making us competitive and lowering the wages as a whole.

Beckford, Bamba, Mills, Abe. All on massive money and yet without them we're doing better than we have for years.

Onwards and upwards.

With silly season in full flow and managers being sacked all over the shop, I think we should all make an effort to step up the chanting in support of Pearson. Show our owners that we only want one person in charge of our football club.

Pearson is building an excellent young squad, and even if promotion does not happen this year he is the manager to take us forward. He can be trusted to spend money well and I think we will get more proof of this in the coming January.

"There's only one Nigel Pearson! One Nigel Pearson!"

He won't be here next season without promotion - the owners probably won't either.One step forward, two back, the same reason O'Driscol got the boot and so will Pearson. Boring, inconsistent and his team is becoming easier to beat week in week out.

It's only a matter of time.

He won't be here next season without promotion - the owners probably won't either.One step forward, two back, the same reason O'Driscol got the boot and so will Pearson. Boring, inconsistent and his team is becoming easier to beat week in week out.

God you're boring, RowZzzzzzzz.

Good young players, on the whole playing well as a team.

Generally playing the best football we've done for years & years.

Brilliant work in getting rid of all the dead wood he possibly could - must have got rid of 20-30 players?. Got rid of a load of high earners too, with a just a few hangers on left.

Replaced them all with good young players, who're only going to get better, in the main they're all of the right age to grow together and could potentially have 10 year+ careers at our club, rather than just coming here to pick up a pay check.

A poor run for the past month, but a solid away point at 2nd place team could be the building block we needed to go on another run, well placed for one or two signings to tweak the team and give us the extra ability & vitality needed to see us mount a serious challenge in the second half of the season.

I'm constantly surprised it's even a debate... but with the vocal minority of the 2-20 morons who can't handle a pre-match shandy I shouldn't be surprised.

Got rid of all the bad eggs - Mills, Beckford etc and brought in hard working young players, who are happy to fight for their places.

Bought in Wes Morgan - easily our best player this season, and his partner Whitbread on a free transfer, and turned a leaky defence into the best in the division.

Changed a midfield that was slow and lacked discipline and ideas into a young, fast and vibrant midfield, who appear to be improving. The addition of Knockaert's flair creates many chances for the team.

He has turned Waghorn back into a better player, rather than an injury prone part player who only played about 5 games a season.

Oh yeah and we're fifth.

Good young players, on the whole playing well as a team.

Generally playing the best football we've done for years & years.

Brilliant work in getting rid of all the dead wood he possibly could - must have got rid of 20-30 players?. Got rid of a load of high earners too, with a just a few hangers on left.

Replaced them all with good young players, who're only going to get better, in the main they're all of the right age to grow together and could potentially have 10 year+ careers at our club, rather than just coming here to pick up a pay check.

A poor run for the past month, but a solid away point at 2nd place team could be the building block we needed to go on another run, well placed for one or two signings to tweak the team and give us the extra ability & vitality needed to see us mount a serious challenge in the second half of the season.

I'm constantly surprised it's even a debate... but with the vocal minority of the 2-20 morons who can't handle a pre-match shandy I shouldn't be surprised.

:yawn: you like the term 'morons' dontcha..

I hope you're not here next season!

Well this suggestion is refreshing though I sadly believe if our owners wanted to do the same as the numpties at Florist and Maryland Rovers then they would. Fortunately I feel they are backing NP and he will be allowed to make the acquisitions he wants to help us push on.

How are we boring? We create loads of opportunities every game. Sven wasn't exciting, unless you find conceding goals exciting

Two spells with our club and Pearson has guided us in the play-off zone in both of his spells, when was the last time we even touched the top six and stayed there for a considerable amount of time, under a different manager, because I can't record anything.

Best manager we have had in terms of success, since O'Neill and Adams. He is a good manager, who is more than capable of getting us promoted, he has brought the right players, got rid of the dead wood very sensibly, and is now stamping his own authority on the team.

He knows what he is doing, and any other manager would probably fook this club up again, and do we want that to happen...of course we don't.

Bring on January, bring on his own foundations, and bring on more successful football under King Nigel.

What an utter tool you are.

Exactly why would the owners walk away after what they have done since taking over?

It accurately describes the people who disagree with what he just said.

No it doesn't! Its merely one opinion.

:frusty:

Lets get some balance:

- Pearson comes across to some people as dour and lacking sufficient 'passion' for the club. Especially to those who have been City fans for decades and who have enjoyed the fight in our teams demonstrated under Brian Little and MON.

- Some people question his tactics and his substitutions..Millwall away being a case in point which was only THIS month.

- Pearson's signings are usually good..but not always. There are plenty of fans who feel Vardy looks like a million pounds not very well spent. The jury is still out on DeLaet and on Zak Whitbread.

- Plenty of fans feel that Danns should still be in the squad. Perhaps not starting games, but on the bench to bring-on when the midfield are beginning to tire. However, it appears that Pearson has basically binned him.

- Pearson has sold players and has loaned players out to lower the wage bill..good! but he's also spent a decent sum of money at this level.

- Some fans find it hard to forgive Pearson for the defensive tactics he utilised against Cardiff in the first leg of the play-offs, under his last tenure. The loss at home effectively ruined our chances of making the final.

- Pearson insists on playing King in a 4-4-2, only changing this up the last time out. Simply read through the last few post-match reports which generally indicate that King HAS 'gone missing' in some of these games.

- we lost against Burton in the Capital One Cup... when we could have progressed further and enjoyed a decent cup run.

Im not saying I agree with all of these points, but they are made by fans/posters who feel that Pearson HAS got limitations as a manager. Rather than labelling anyone critiquing Pearson's management as 'a moron', (which is simple to do and pretty childish in my opinion) why not try to get some balance going on?

Personally, I like Pearson, I have faith in him as a manager and want him to stay. Primarily because I had no great expectations of him delivering success this season anyway. I said he needed TWO seasons to bring promotion to the club.

However, don't be fooled.. if we continue to struggle to look like we are improving on the pitch, Pearson may well be out of a job...

We now need a run of a few victories to get us back on track.

What an utter tool you are.

Exactly why would the owners walk away after what they have done since taking over?

Seems everyone on here who isn't up Pearson's backside is subjected to nasty comments. We all have an opinion - is that not what this forum is all about?

Plonkers like you and many others seem to think yours is the only one that counts - I'm guessing you must be a teenager.

My opinion (for what it's worth) is that Pearson should never have been re-appointed - it showed a lack of ambition given the resources we had. Sven had his faults (and no, I wasn't a massive fan), but he did put the club back in the spotlight for a while and was never really given the chance that Pearson is having now.

Watch this space - if I'm wrong about your Super hero NFP come the end of the season, I'll be the first to apologise.

Seems everyone on here who isn't up Pearson's backside is subjected to nasty comments. We all have an opinion - is that not what this forum is all about?

Plonkers like you and many others seem to think yours is the only one that counts - I'm guessing you must be a teenager.

My opinion (for what it's worth) is that Pearson should never have been re-appointed - it showed a lack of ambition given the resources we had. Sven had his faults (and no, I wasn't a massive fan), but he did put the club back in the spotlight for a while and was never really given the chance that Pearson is having now.

Watch this space - if I'm wrong about your Super hero NFP come the end of the season, I'll be the first to apologise.

Not this forum! :)

Lets get some balance:

- Pearson comes across to some people as dour and lacking sufficient 'passion' for the club. Especially to those who have been City fans for decades and who have enjoyed the fight in our teams demonstrated under Brian Little and MON.

- Some people question his tactics and his substitutions..Millwall away being a case in point which was only THIS month.

- Pearson's signings are usually good..but not always. There are plenty of fans who feel Vardy looks like a million pounds not very well spent. The jury is still out on DeLaet and on Zak Whitbread.

- Plenty of fans feel that Danns should still be in the squad. Perhaps not starting games, but on the bench to bring-on when the midfield are beginning to tire. However, it appears that Pearson has basically binned him.

- Pearson has sold players and has loaned players out to lower the wage bill..good! but he's also spent a decent sum of money at this level.

- Some fans find it hard to forgive Pearson for the defensive tactics he utilised against Cardiff in the first leg of the play-offs, under his last tenure. The loss at home effectively ruined our chances of making the final.

- Pearson insists on playing King in a 4-4-2, only changing this up the last time out. Simply read through the last few post-match reports which generally indicate that King HAS 'gone missing' in some of these games.

- we lost against Burton in the Capital One Cup... when we could have progressed further and enjoyed a decent cup run.

Im not saying I agree with all of these points, but they are made by fans/posters who feel that Pearson HAS got limitations as a manager. Rather than labelling anyone critiquing Pearson's management as 'a moron', (which is simple to do and pretty childish in my opinion) why not try to get some balance going on?

Personally, I like Pearson, I have faith in him as a manager and want him to stay. Primarily because I had no great expectations of him delivering success this season anyway. I said he needed TWO seasons to bring promotion to the club.

However, don't be fooled.. if we continue to struggle to look like we are improving on the pitch, Pearson may well be out of a job...

:appl: Goodness me, what a well reasoned and top post this is.

Your far to sensible and tolerant of other views to be on this forum! :thumbup:

Lets get some balance:

A superb post, sensible, and to the point which you don't get from the loonies.

Archived