Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
azaa holland

Millwall Pricks

Strange ideas, Chris Wood has done a bloody good job for them and could be the difference between a relegation struggle and mid table security. They are punching well above their weight with a smallish squad. They lose a player and seem to be in freefall now. They are one of the poorer relations in the championshp with a massive bill for the Police on matchdays not just at home but for all teams who have to entertain them and their fans.

Also looks like they never really went after Wood but don't want to admit it to the fans instead being happy for the "greedy player" to take the abuse having said wages were not an issue!! Also perhaps they should think how they look to potential new loan players as the treatment of their best player so far this season hardly gives the impression of a friendly open arms policy.

Strange ideas, Chris Wood has done a bloody good job for them and could be the difference between a relegation struggle and mid table security. They are punching well above their weight with a smallish squad. They lose a player and seem to be in freefall now. They are one of the poorer relations in the championshp with a massive bill for the Police on matchdays not just at home but for all teams who have to entertain them and their fans.

Also looks like they never really went after Wood but don't want to admit it to the fans instead being happy for the "greedy player" to take the abuse having said wages were not an issue!! Also perhaps they should think how they look to potential new loan players as the treatment of their best player so far this season hardly gives the impression of a friendly open arms policy.

Evening Lads, Seasons Greetings. Thing is there's a misconception at Millwall that Kenny Jackett made Chris Wood. It's rubbish of course, because he's scored like a pinball machine wherever we've loaned him. In fact I feel sorry for Chris at WBA because he wasn't fast enough to play the counter attacking style we do. Anyway back to Millwall, this is all down to their chairman. Last season Blues wanted to buy Wood. Our asking price was £1.5 million then. Their chairman knew his price before they took him on loan. I can't for the life of me see where he plucked the figure of £500k for a Championship striker whose scored 17 goals last season and 11 this. Especially since we had another years option on him. I hope he does the buisness for you. Best wishes 192

Evening Lads, Seasons Greetings. Thing is there's a misconception at Millwall that Kenny Jackett made Chris Wood. It's rubbish of course, because he's scored like a pinball machine wherever we've loaned him. In fact I feel sorry for Chris at WBA because he wasn't fast enough to play the counter attacking style we do. Anyway back to Millwall, this is all down to their chairman. Last season Blues wanted to buy Wood. Our asking price was £1.5 million then. Their chairman knew his price before they took him on loan. I can't for the life of me see where he plucked the figure of £500k for a Championship striker whose scored 17 goals last season and 11 this. Especially since we had another years option on him. I hope he does the buisness for you. Best wishes 192

I've known about Chris Wood since the World Cup in South Africa when a woman I work with was getting all excited about him because he was staying with her and her son at the time. (He stayed with her this Christmas too when he came back from Millwall) So since then I've kept an eye out for him and I know Millwall are not as instrumental in his development as they seem to think.

If he lives up to his reputation then his modest price-tag will seem nothing but reasonable. The reaction of Millwall fans is staggering when you consider he wasn't their player in the first place!

I remember Mark Davis for us in a similar situation when Wolves sold him to Bolton while on loan with us. He was great for us and a key player as we chased promotion however I do not remember being nearly as angry as Barnsley and Millwall fans the last couple of years. When you loan a player this is the risk you run.

I remember Mark Davis for us in a similar situation when Wolves sold him to Bolton while on loan with us. He was great for us and a key player as we chased promotion however I do not remember being nearly as angry as Barnsley and Millwall fans the last couple of years. When you loan a player this is the risk you run.

I guess Barnsley and Millwall are more unhappy because it was a player moving to the same division where as Davies was off to the Premier League and the Sheffield Wednesday fans for instance were very classy when Marshall joined us. However some of the stuff from the Millwall forum is really vile and thick, but then there are a lot of Millwall fans who share those characteristics.

I guess Barnsley and Millwall are more unhappy because it was a player moving to the same division where as Davies was off to the Premier League and the Sheffield Wednesday fans for instance were very classy when Marshall joined us. However some of the stuff from the Millwall forum is really vile and thick, but then there are a lot of Millwall fans who share those characteristics.

In that case both Millwall and Barnsley fans have 'delusions of grandeur'

Exactly, my reaction was oh well, he played well for us, can't turn that move down, good luck to him

Archived