Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Booing Gally

I heard it from K1, seemed to be mainly from the East Stand towards the Kop end.

I sit in C2 so can normally hear the Kop and that end pretty well, didn't hear anything which would suggest to me it was a fringe minority. Surprised if the players even heard it.

... didn't hear any booing at all, just applause for Knocky?

Don't see the problem with giving one of our fitter, young players 90 minutes more often though. It can't be that encouraging being yanked off for some journeyman after seventy minutes when you're having a stormer and you're one off a hattrick.

I know the game was won and I accept an argument to rest him but at his age he's going to want to play every minute, surely, and there was no need to "rest" the kid that early.

It's not just resting him, he had done his job and we had won the game by that point. Pearson wouldn't want him picking up an injury

Don't see the problem with giving one of our fitter, young players 90 minutes more often though. It can't be that encouraging being yanked off for some journeyman after seventy minutes when you're having a stormer and you're one off a hattrick.

I know the game was won and I accept an argument to rest him but at his age he's going to want to play every minute, surely, and there was no need to "rest" the kid that early.

You're right.

But at the same time, we were thrashing Huddersfield, so it's a little ungrateful to criticise Pearson for that really. I'm sure Anthony will get over it.

There were people booing, and whether that was because Knocky was being subbed off (which I highly doubt) or not it's an absolutely stupid thing to do when you're winning 5-1.

I was mystified by the booing of Gally, whoever those people were, shame on you! From the back of SK1 it sounded pretty loud; I'm sure he must've heard it. The same for the Beckford song, why bother? He's still our player, what are we doing singing that? Whatever the "fans" feel about these two, they are still Leicester City players! These moments and the appalling atmosphere were the only blots on what was otherwise a fantastic result and performance. The only thing that fills me with dread if we get promoted is that we will be absolutely ripped apart from opposition fans over our atmosphere at the KP. I genuinely don't know how we sort it out?

100% agree...for a change ;)

Only joking, too right, but there is certain things that piss me off as well, not just booing your own players, like I mentioned as it was a special fixture, because of the coupons and stuff, more people of course entered the gates today; however some of these only go to games a couple of times a season, and some of them think they know it all, or just shout random shit, about our own players, some of it may include boo's, or bizarrely think the likes of Knockaert or Wood put in an average performance. Another thing is people leaving early, they always do it, but we had scored six, was close to seven, and Wood was on a hat-trick on his debut, yet people still leave 5-10 minutes early, that pisses me off so much, especially where I sit, they go down the stairs, then just stand there blocking people's views, if you are going, flaming go and not stand there on the steps, or block people's views.

I don't blame people who don't want to pay the utter shite prices in general, I've got nothing against people who go when its cheaper.

"Ungrateful to criticize Pearson?" Behave.

I'm by no means complaining (though "ungrateful" is just being silly even if I was), I just think it was an odd substitution and one he's made numerous times this season - winning comfortably or not.

Guest MattP

People like to moan, some even seemed upset we were winning today.

Never understand it, they must have really shit lives.

I've said it before and i'll say it again. We've always had a noisy minority of complete knobheads. I don't know how they can call themselves supporters or fans because neither description fits them. The only justification they ever give for their actions is "I pay my money, i've got every right to boo if I want to". Well, I say to them, stay at home and boo at the radio, then you might realise how ridiculous and pathetic you sound to everyone else. Tossers

I've said it before and i'll say it again. We've always had a noisy minority of complete knobheads. I don't know how they can call themselves supporters or fans because neither description fits them. The only justification they ever give for their actions is "I pay my money, i've got every right to boo if I want to". Well, I say to them, stay at home and boo at the radio, then you might realise how ridiculous and pathetic you sound to everyone else. Tossers

They're just not worth acknowledging and not worth posting a thread about.

Moaning about a few dickheads we could barely here after a six one victory is almost as bad as them allegedly booing in the first place. I highly doubt the players noticed or were bothered and a lot of people like myself likely didn't even realize it had happened.

But now we get to sensationalize it on Foxes Talk and a few people get to look like the moral core of the dire hard support with a few +1 rep points to their name for being so nice to poor Gally.

Just ignore *****.

... didn't hear any booing at all, just applause for Knocky?

Disagree there mate, didn't you see about 5 minutes before Knocky came off somebody hit it for him down the wing and he was really straining to get there, looked completely shagged out.

Disagree there mate, didn't you see about 5 minutes before Knocky came off somebody hit it for him down the wing and he was really straining to get there, looked completely shagged out.

Didn't think he looked particularly knackered, he's just not that fast and knows his limitations.

He's actually deceptively slow. Pretty nippy over five or so yards but no great pace to burn. If the fitness team here can actually work on that and improve the intensity and pace of his sprint he'd be absolutely lethal.

They're just not worth acknowledging and not worth posting a thread about.

Moaning about a few dickheads we could barely here after a six one victory is almost as bad as them allegedly booing in the first place. I highly doubt the players noticed or were bothered and a lot of people like myself likely didn't even realize it had happened.

But now we get to sensationalize it on Foxes Talk and a few people get to look like the moral core of the dire hard support with a few +1 rep points to their name for being so nice to poor Gally.

Just ignore *****.

I heard it loud and clear 'Finners'.

Just cos you didn't it don't mean it's not worthy of a thread. I think it is, which is why I contributed. Sorry if you don't like it..

:thumbup:

We are probably making a mountain of a molehill over this, but I would agree that anybody that would boo Gally today is a cretin. Gally was poor last season, but I wouldn't be able to get it together and focus on work if I had a newborn daughter die and another nearly pass, and there is a lot less pressure in my job than his.

Gallagher has been a great servant for the club. Sure I don't think he is going to be here much longer but he certainly deserves better having played well over 100 times for the club producing some wonderful football and goals at times.

Archived