Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Booing Gally

The reasonable reaction would have been to applaud Knocky for the two goals he DID get and the man replacing him?

Fed up of these bellends supporting the same club as me. Our team may look the dog's bollocks on days like today, but our fans are a joke.

Of course, i wasn't condoning the booing just giving an alternative explanation.

Where i was sat Knocky got applauded off and I even heard a "Gallagherrrr....Gallagherrrr" chant.

Is this 'banter'?? lol As if they'd get banned

Maybe the fans should make a concerted effort to sing his name next match?

Just going on what people have said, about them being banned, a couple of people have put it.

So if you want to take it further, file a complaint.

We don't have to sing his name, but we had no reason to boo him, if you didn't want to clap him when he came on that's fine, but booing him is something else, and something which is pretty disgraceful, especially at our own player.

Anybody who didn't hear booing is either deaf, or kidding themselves. Loud as day from the Family Stand.

Absolute disgrace, but I'm just pleased Gally played well and justified his inclusion.

Could the tw@ts who do shit like this kindly go circlejerk somewhere else, please?

It's probably the non season ticket holders, who come to about a game a season, or a couple of games a season and go home early.

I'm afraid there are plenty of season ticket holders that contribute to this particular problem.

****ing idiots, if you feel the need to boo one of your own players when we're winning a game 5-1 then there is something seriously wrong with you, I mean how sad must you be to feel the need to boo a professional footballer who represents your team when they're playing so well and the player in question is coming on because of the manager who masterminded such a good performance and result. We've got some braindead fans who are obviously incapable of going to a game and just enjoying it, fans who want a chance to boo. In fact it feels wrong referring to them as fans because they're clearly doing the opposite of supporting their team.

The people that booed him aren't Leicester City fans let's be honest. He's put in some great displays for us and has scored some good goals. True he has had bad games as well and many will say that he's not good enough for us anymore. But he's been a City player for a long while and I for one respect that. If our manager chooses to play him then I trust his judgment. Anyone that boos him can fck right off and distance themselves from the true fans of this club.

I'm afraid there are plenty of season ticket holders that contribute to this particular problem.

****ing idiots, if you feel the need to boo one of your own players when we're winning a game 5-1 then there is something seriously wrong with you, I mean how sad must you be to feel the need to boo a professional footballer who represents your team when they're playing so well and the player in question is coming on because of the manager who masterminded such a good performance and result. We've got some braindead fans who are obviously incapable of going to a game and just enjoying it, fans who want a chance to boo. In fact it feels wrong referring to them as fans because they're clearly doing the opposite of supporting their team.

100% agree...for a change ;)

Only joking, too right, but there is certain things that piss me off as well, not just booing your own players, like I mentioned as it was a special fixture, because of the coupons and stuff, more people of course entered the gates today; however some of these only go to games a couple of times a season, and some of them think they know it all, or just shout random shit, about our own players, some of it may include boo's, or bizarrely think the likes of Knockaert or Wood put in an average performance. Another thing is people leaving early, they always do it, but we had scored six, was close to seven, and Wood was on a hat-trick on his debut, yet people still leave 5-10 minutes early, that pisses me off so much, especially where I sit, they go down the stairs, then just stand there blocking people's views, if you are going, flaming go and not stand there on the steps, or block people's views.

Sat in SK1 and heard it as clear as anything, also the chants of "beckford, what's the score" followed after .. Shouldn't really be singing songs like this regardless of whether either of them have a big future with the club, they're still both Leicester players.

If you booed Gally today you're a tosser, I'm not his biggest fan by any stretch, but if he's representing the club I support then he deserves 100% support from the fans.

Just backs up how shit and embarrassing our 'fans' were, for a 6-1 we were an absolute joke, no ground in England would be that quiet at that scoreline, the fans were the one downer on the day.

Thoroughly embarrassed yet again.

I heard the booing. Although I don't rate him, I don't, and didn't, boo him. Didn't want Knockaert to come off though.

I didn't agree with the Beckford song either. It's not like he put in a transfer request and left, he's still our player regardless.

Wonder what the likes of Wood and Keane would've thought?

Players must talk about it in the changing room afterwards. Not exactly making the club an attractive proposition to potential signings.

Would love to hear from the people that did it but they'll keep their heads down no doubt

This. I felt embarrassed, people like Chris Wood can't genuinely be liking that.

Anyone saying it was down to Knockaert going off are wrong as well, he'd been applauded and it was when Gallagher's name was announced and when he ran on that the booing started.

I'm not a huge Gallagher fan, I find him quite lazy at times, a bit of a puff, I think he could offer more, but to boo the bloke is a fvcking embarrassment and I'm thoroughly embarrassed to support the same club as these cvnts.

Genuinely think our 'support' is the shittest in the league, bar none.

Yh crowd in general was pretty awful - particularly given the nature of the team performance, outstanding individual performances from James, Knocky and Wood, and the scoreline.

Deathly quiet throughout.

And anyone booing Gally or anyone else is a prize numpty. You don't boo your own. End. Of.

It really was an appalling thing to do. I'm not a Gallagher fan by any means but, if nothing else, the bloke has been a good servant to the club and has worked his way back into the squad when just a few months ago he looked gone. He deserves credit for that. Beyond belief.

... didn't hear any booing at all, just applause for Knocky?

Don't see the problem with giving one of our fitter, young players 90 minutes more often though. It can't be that encouraging being yanked off for some journeyman after seventy minutes when you're having a stormer and you're one off a hattrick.

I know the game was won and I accept an argument to rest him but at his age he's going to want to play every minute, surely, and there was no need to "rest" the kid that early.

Archived