Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bettsj2

Booing Gally

We are probably making a mountain of a molehill over this, but I would agree that anybody that would boo Gally today is a cretin. Gally was poor last season, but I wouldn't be able to get it together and focus on work if I had a newborn daughter die and another nearly pass, and there is a lot less pressure in my job than his.

He wasn't even poor, just average.

People just taking their frustrations out on a convenient scapegoat because in their world they believe we have a divine right to something.

Anyone booing anyone as they come on the pitch, or even during the match is more of a joke than a supporter. If someone's performance warrants criticism to such an extent (which Gally's doesn't) then that's what final whistle boos are for.

It's unbelievable, absolute disgrace

But unfortunately these knuckle draggers that cloth themselves in Sports Directs finest will carry on booing.

They have an IQ of a walnut whip so to get one to come onto an Internet forum and explain in English why they do this would be a miracle.

The same goes for the morons who boo at half and full time when they're not playing well.

Just backs up how shit and embarrassing our 'fans' were, for a 6-1 we were an absolute joke, no ground in England would be that quiet at that scoreline, the fans were the one downer on the day.

Thoroughly embarrassed yet again.

Everywhere is like that these days.

Why was the Beckford chant not fair game?

He wanted to leave. He wanted to go to Huddersfield. He took a pay cut to go there. I'm sure if Huddersfield wanted to sign him permanently he'd be there in a flash.

I'd be astonished if he ever played another game for us. He probably wasn't even there today.

Why was the Beckford chant not fair game?

He wanted to leave. He wanted to go to Huddersfield. He took a pay cut to go there. I'm sure if Huddersfield wanted to sign him permanently he'd be there in a flash.

I'd be astonished if he ever played another game for us. He probably wasn't even there today.

He is still our player, and I never heard Beckford say he wanted to leave, if he had done it would be different, but it is only a cryptic comment from Pearson that has been translated as Beckford didn't want to play for us.

I don't have the facts to hand but someone told me if he played one more game for us we'd have to pay Everton more money for him as he has played 49 games for us and after 50 the price went up.

Not sure how true this is as as I said someone told me.

Gallagher has been a fantastic servant for the club and it disgraces me that people boo him. He's never done anything wrong. So he put in a couple of poor performances? He's human and it wasn't through a lack of endeavour.

Beckford is one of my least favourite City players ever. I swear I heard Stringer report that he's on £25k a week and we still pay his wages. His attitude appears to be poor and, what's more, I get the distinct feeling he doesn't want to play for the club. Fair enough chant in my eyes although probably a bit daft considering it was unlikely he was at the game.

What exactly is involved in "being a fantastic servant for the club?"

It seems to be some generic, shit comment people spew out about any player that's been here more than a couple of seasons. That says a tragic lot about the revolving door nature of the club at the moment.

He's just a journeyman who's been here a couple of seasons, has scored a couple of good goals and has been a bit cheeky on Twitter. That's not fantastic servitude to the club it's just being a footballer.

Walsh was a terrific servant to the club, Birch is (like him or not) a fantastic servant to the club (and community.) Gally's just a player and he'll be gone by this time next year, not to be missed by anyone really.

I don't hate him I don't love him he's just... someone that's there.

Gallagher has been a fantastic servant for the club and it disgraces me that people boo him. He's never done anything wrong. So he put in a couple of poor performances? He's human and it wasn't through a lack of endeavour.

Beckford is one of my least favourite City players ever. I swear I heard Stringer report that he's on £25k a week and we still pay his wages. His attitude appears to be poor and, what's more, I get the distinct feeling he doesn't want to play for the club. Fair enough chant in my eyes although probably a bit daft considering it was unlikely he was at the game.

I don't understand any hate towards Gallagher, just looked at his record on wiki and for a player that plays prodiminately in midfielder to score 25 goals in 110 apps that isn't too bad of a return at all it's pretty good in fact. He certainly isn't the player he was when he first came but that doesn't justify any booing...

Dont agree with booing a player coming on.

However i would question WHY he is coming on.

Wouldnt fuctas and schlupp coming on be more benefit to the club long term, their development and in terms of todays game.

I don't understand any hate towards Gallagher, just looked at his record on wiki and for a player that plays prodiminately in midfielder to score 25 goals in 110 apps that isn't too bad of a return at all it's pretty good in fact. He certainly isn't the player he was when he first came but that doesn't justify any booing...

I don't understand the "hate" towards any of our players, it's a bit ridiculous.

But if you can't see why people would be uninspired by Gallagher's inclusion in the current squad then I'd suggest you've either not been watching over the last year or you don't understand what it is you ARE watching.

He's lightweight and is of average ability. He has good technique when shooting from outside of the area and that's about it.

I don't understand the "hate" towards any of our players, it's a bit ridiculous.

But if you can't see why people would be uninspired by Gallagher's inclusion in the current squad then I'd suggest you've either not been watching over the last year or you don't understand what it is you ARE watching.

He's lightweight and is of average ability. He has good technique when shooting from outside of the area and that's about it.

I didn't say he offers this current squad anything, I was just wondering why people would boo a player who has actually done a good job for the club in the past. It isn't his fault he is getting game time...

absolutely disgusted with us as fans. It was a fair number of people booing as well, obviously no one wants to cough to it.

We are fantastic away, but a laughing stock at home. Opposition fans have every right to mick us and if I was a player I'd never come back to leicester.

Thick as fvuck morons ruining our club again. Jog on.

They're just not worth acknowledging and not worth posting a thread about.

Moaning about a few dickheads we could barely here after a six one victory is almost as bad as them allegedly booing in the first place. I highly doubt the players noticed or were bothered and a lot of people like myself likely didn't even realize it had happened.

But now we get to sensationalize it on Foxes Talk and a few people get to look like the moral core of the dire hard support with a few +1 rep points to their name for being so nice to poor Gally.

Just ignore *****.

I'd agree if it was a minority, but I heard it very loud where I was.

Could you imagine what people like Chris Wood must think? Millwall fans are cvnts but you'd never get that down there.

Our fans are a bunch of arrogant morons and I'm embarrassed by them this year.

Millwall fans are cvnts but you'd never get that down there.

You definitely, definitely would. One glance at their forums suggests laying into their own players at the match is a massive issue there.

What exactly is involved in "being a fantastic servant for the club?"

It seems to be some generic, shit comment people spew out about any player that's been here more than a couple of seasons. That says a tragic lot about the revolving door nature of the club at the moment.

He's just a journeyman who's been here a couple of seasons, has scored a couple of good goals and has been a bit cheeky on Twitter. That's not fantastic servitude to the club it's just being a footballer.

Walsh was a terrific servant to the club, Birch is (like him or not) a fantastic servant to the club (and community.) Gally's just a player and he'll be gone by this time next year, not to be missed by anyone really.

I don't hate him I don't love him he's just... someone that's there.

I agree it's the most overused BS cliche ..... I think it means he's earned his living as a footballer training for about an hour and a half a day, doing something he loves, playing every saturday (that most of us would love to do), and being paid around £500k to £1m a year for working that hard ..... and he happens to have stayed at one club for a few years.

It's hardly a "servant's" terms of employment!!!!!

Archived