Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mack

Where is Wellens?

Does anyone know?

I am assuming he is training with our squad is fit but isn't getting into the match day squad.

If that is the case I'd be surprised if he is around much the club much longer.

Was wondering if anyone can shed some light.

P.S. If you are just going to post that he is shit and should leave etc don't bother, we all know a lot of you are on the blokes back and there's no need to turn another thread into a hole heap of shitty hate.

Pretty sure you'll see him leave at the end of this transfer window on loan with a view to a permanent deal.

I really like him as a footballer but the latest injury just seems to have taken his legs and he's no longer good enough for our side. Think L1 is now his level.

Hard working player but we were never gonna be anything more than mediocre with him in the heart of midfield. Good luck to him in league 1 or a lower Championship side.

Still amuses me when I think of the time Robbie Savage called him the best midfielder in the division. :D

Would like to see him make the bench, at the very least, today. Has been a good player wherever he has been, including Leicester. One bad season, along with most of the squad, and then an injury. Still like him as a person, and especially as a footballer.

• 3 weeks later...

After listening to him, I really warmed to the man. Honest and wants what is best for the squad, sounded like he had a brilliant attitude.

Agreed, very refreshing.

Ben Marshall believes a fully-fit Richie Wellens could prove to be the difference in Leicester City’s promotion challenge.

Wellens has been a guiding influence on the England under-21 international, and Marshall said it would be great to see Wellens back in the City line-up on a regular basis.

• ​4520408.jpg
    Leicester City midfielder Richie Wellens

The 32-year-old came through 70 minutes of last Saturday’s FA Cup tie at Huddersfield Town, his first appearance for City since April, following a serious knee injury.

“I am quite close to Richie and I know it has been hard for him,” said Marshall, who joined City from Stoke just before last season’s transfer window close.

“It is good to see him back and good to play with him again.

“He got 70 minutes last Saturday and I just hope he can get fit and get back into the side because I know how much he wants it. I will keep my fingers crossed for him.

“When we travel we travel together and stay together. He has been a great help to me.

“Some say he loves a moan on the pitch but he just helps you out all the time. He is a good player to play alongside.

Confidence

“He could be the difference for us in our push to reach the Premier League.”

Marshall said there was a buzz in the City dressing-room as the players enter the final few months of the season in strong contention for promotion.

City could strengthen their place in the automatic promotion places with victory over Wolverhampton Wanderers tomorrow night.

“The challenge is to stay there,” said Marshall.

“We have had a good run of wins and, hopefully, we can keep that going and remain there.

“The confidence is high. We are winning games and the end of the season seems to be getting closer now, whereas at the start of the season it felt far away.

“We are still up there and the games are getting less. Hopefully, we can stay there.

“There seems to be a buzz about the camp because it is getting closer to the end of the season.

“Everyone gets on and it is good to have a mix of older and younger players.

“I think it helps when a lot of the players knew each other before.”

Is he talking about the same Wellens that (according to some) was an ogre, ruled the dressing room, picked the team, had the management/staff running scared and was an all together nasty piece of work.

Amazes me that anyone could still slate the bloke after his interview the other day. Such an honest assessment and great insight into what he and other injured players / players not getting regular games goes through.

Ben Marshall believes a fully-fit Richie Wellens could prove to be the difference in Leicester City’s promotion challenge.

Wellens has been a guiding influence on the England under-21 international, and Marshall said it would be great to see Wellens back in the City line-up on a regular basis.

• ​4520408.jpg
    Leicester City midfielder Richie Wellens

The 32-year-old came through 70 minutes of last Saturday’s FA Cup tie at Huddersfield Town, his first appearance for City since April, following a serious knee injury.

“I am quite close to Richie and I know it has been hard for him,†said Marshall, who joined City from Stoke just before last season’s transfer window close.

“It is good to see him back and good to play with him again.

“He got 70 minutes last Saturday and I just hope he can get fit and get back into the side because I know how much he wants it. I will keep my fingers crossed for him.

“When we travel we travel together and stay together. He has been a great help to me.

“Some say he loves a moan on the pitch but he just helps you out all the time. He is a good player to play alongside.

Confidence

“He could be the difference for us in our push to reach the Premier League.â€

Marshall said there was a buzz in the City dressing-room as the players enter the final few months of the season in strong contention for promotion.

City could strengthen their place in the automatic promotion places with victory over Wolverhampton Wanderers tomorrow night.

“The challenge is to stay there,†said Marshall.

“We have had a good run of wins and, hopefully, we can keep that going and remain there.

“The confidence is high. We are winning games and the end of the season seems to be getting closer now, whereas at the start of the season it felt far away.

“We are still up there and the games are getting less. Hopefully, we can stay there.

“There seems to be a buzz about the camp because it is getting closer to the end of the season.

“Everyone gets on and it is good to have a mix of older and younger players.

“I think it helps when a lot of the players knew each other before.â€

'the end of the season seems closer now, where at the start of the season it seemed far away'

Stating the obvious?

Marshall is being kind, no way is he good enough to help our promotion bid.

His legs have gone, yes. He was never a fast player, and certainly isn't now. But his footballing mind and technique is still good. He could be good as a coach here, I'd like to see that.

The bloke was 1 yard off the pace last season when he was fully fit.

Granted it was his 1st game since his loan last saturday but he was 2 yards off the pace . It remains to be seen if that was lack of match practise or he fact he is too old for this standard of football.

I feel it is the latter & its time to do a Matt Oakley & drop down the league ladder

Archived