Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Still second

Us, Watford, Cardiff and Burnley are the form teams. Really can't see Cardiff dropping in form enough for us to catch them, but second is their to be taken.

It is not impossible but the game against them will be a like a title decider but is that to early to call though?

Us, Watford, Cardiff and Burnley are the form teams. Really can't see Cardiff dropping in form enough for us to catch them, but second is their to be taken.

I think Cardiff are catchable but we have to get a result there. They're bound to have a few iffy results soon as I don't think they're all that really, certainly believe ourselves, Boro and Watford are better but it's a results business, they have got results consistently when we haven't.

Guest BlueBrett

Even if we don't I really don't want Cardiff to win the league. I'd rather pretty much anyone else other than Palace and Holloway

Couldn't give a shit about catching Cardiff. Not saying we (or anyone else) won't, but 2nd is just as good.

No it isn't. Winning the title is a greater achievement, quite evidently. If you finish 2nd you're the 2nd best team in the league, if you finish 1st you're the best team in the league. Don't see how anyone can think finishing 2nd is just as good as winning the title.

No it isn't. Winning the title is a greater achievement, quite evidently. If you finish 2nd you're the 2nd best team in the league, if you finish 1st you're the best team in the league. Don't see how anyone can think finishing 2nd is just as good as winning the title.

The end result is the same. You get promoted. I would be just as happy with either of the top 2 places.

Rather finish above them in the Premier League

Rather finish above them in the Premier League

Aye, Reading won the league last season but I'll bet they'd cheerfully swap places with West Ham at the moment.

The winners of the 10/11 Championship would most definitely swap places with that season's play-off winners.

It's nice to go up as champions, but nobody really gives a toss when you're in the Premiership.

The end result is the same. You get promoted. I would be just as happy with either of the top 2 places.

Winning the league is surely the more glorious manner in which to win promotion, it'd make that bit more memorable for me.

Promotion is ultimately the important thing but I do have a fairly strong preference of finishing 1st rather than 2nd.

It is not impossible but the game against them will be a like a title decider but is that to early to call though?

I never said it was impossible, but they are ten clear for a reason. It would take a big shift in form from them, and for us to be consistent more than we have been so far.

Winning the league is surely the more glorious manner in which to win promotion, it'd make that bit more memorable for me.

Promotion is ultimately the important thing but I do have a fairly strong preference of finishing 1st rather than 2nd.

Funny cos I still remember the playoffs we were promoted through.I'd guess a lot on here think they were pretty glorious. Especially 94 for me. The goal is promotion the method in how we achieve it isn't.

Funny cos I still remember the playoffs we were promoted through.I'd guess a lot on here think they were pretty glorious. Especially 94 for me. The goal is promotion the method in how we achieve it isn't.

Of course the POs are memorable, every promotion is, I just think we might treasure some more than others. I think the POs are always going to be special because there's a definite climax to them.

However, winning the title is a greater achievement than going up via the POs - and isn't that what it's all about - seeing your club do well, achieve highly and win things. I understand that the Championship title isn't the greatest trophy in English football but it is still the best we can do this year (probably).

Love all the Watford love in this thread. :rolleyes: Not so long ago it was Palace who were certain promotion favourites.

This is a tough league but we KNOW that our destiny is in our own hands. If we take care of business we are IN the Prem next season.

Come on city.

Love all the Watford love in this thread. :rolleyes: Not so long ago it was Palace who were certain promotion favourites.

This is a tough league but we KNOW that our destiny is in our own hands. If we take care of business we are IN the Prem next season.

Come on city.

They look a better team and haven't got Holloway banging on about Zaha every day, which must be distracting.

Holloway lol. Complains About other clubs interest n zaha and all the publicity then on the football league show claims he is the best player he's ever worked with. Laughable.

Thought exactly that when I saw it last night.

You can't have a go at others Ian for talking about him when you constantly bang on about him.

Holloway lol. Complains About other clubs interest n zaha and all the publicity then on the football league show claims he is the best player he's ever worked with. Laughable.

Got last weeks Sunday mirror in front of me with half a page in his column talking about Zaha... If my computer hadn't just burst into flames I'd post it.

What a twonk.

Palace are out of it I think, they've spent far too much time messing around and Holloway hasn't helped. Boro looked good when we played them but I get the feeling Mowbray thinks they're not quite there yet - maybe next season for them?

It's between us and Hull, and it's going to be us. :cool:

Archived