Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

Still second

i think you've misunderstood him mate. I think he doesn't think we'll win at Cardiff

Correct.

There's such a long way to go at this stage that I'm a bit surprised by the level of confidence on here.

Undoubtedly we've got a great shot at it though.

Correct.

There's such a long way to go at this stage that I'm a bit surprised by the level of confidence on here.

Undoubtedly we've got a great shot at it though.

I don't think we should fear anybody in this league but its far from a job done. My point was that its nice to be 10 points clear of 7th. Would take an almighty decline to finish out of the top 6 now imo

Have a fight on for auto spot but can do it. Think missed James against Wolves hopefully back soon to keep building on the solid performances with drinks.

Must admit I wasn't fully attentive to the game but I thought King had a decent game. Certainly more combative than Drinkwater. Have been really impressed with Matty recently but Kingy still has class on the other 2 in there, he just needs to recapture his form a bit.

The only way we'll still be second on Saturday is if Watford and Palace draw.

From a points situation we'd probably want Palace to win if there is a result one way, as we'd only be 1 behind them rather than 2 behind Watford.

But a draw would be ideal.

We seriously need to improve our away form if we hope to gain automatic promotion.

Cardiff,Watford&Hull have each won 8,we are the only side in top four not to,we won only 5.

Our defence is solid,12 conceded away,half of those in our first three away games.

We have scored only 16 away from home and 4 of those came in the last game at Bristol.

In contrast,Watford have conceded double the number of goals away but scored double!

To stay second and open a gap our away results must improve.

The point has been made in another thread that we have,on paper,games coming up that we should win.

Let's hope we build on the win at Bristol, win at Peterboro' and catch up with away wins of our closest rivals.

I had a go on BBC Predictor yesterday and Hull are shortly going to play two games which we don't.

I wouldn't get too comfortable in second because, as Pearson said in his post-match interview following Wolves, we are probably going to be playing catchup again as Hull will get something from their two extra games.

It makes a win today all the more important to keep that gap to a minimum.

Its points on the board that count though. Come on City!

I would prefer to be a team in 3rd place that is one behind behind 2nd place with one game in hand than the other way around nearly every time.

Teams that are towards the top of the table are nearly always more likely to gain points than drop them. In fact, all of the top four teams have won more than 50% of their games--and that's not even counting draws, which would put a team like Leicester that has a high GD in 2nd place in this hypothetical situation. When the probability of a team getting more than one point is over 50% (and the probability of either winning or drawing even higher), you'd be mad to not take that chance.

Just about the only times I wouldn't prefer the game in hand would be if it is 1) an away game, and the team in question is miserable on the road, or 2) against a club like Barcelona or Manchester United.

Missed opportunity to gain ground but considering the result we had it's nice to go relatively unpunished.

but none of the top 6 got more than 1 point from the game. We're in second and they failed to capitalise on our let down.

Archived